Help needed on balancing my hormones

Buy Lab Tests Online

way2savage

Hello ,

I am 48 yrs old 5’-11” 170 lbs @ 12% bf .
I was on TRT since I was 32 years old due to hypogonadism caused by abuse of AAS when I was in my late high school and college years .

In 2020 I tapered off trt and used hcg and clomid and herbal supplements to see if I could possibly restart my own natural production and honestly due to scar tissue in injection sites from years I was tired of pinning .

So now after a year and a half of being off I had a full panel of labs done to check completely everything . From Being on TRT for so many years I was surprised that my total testosterone came back at 745 . Well that’s the good news .

The bad news is my free test is only 5.8 which is crap and my shbg is high at 82 . Estrone is 38 and estradiol is 25 and progesterone is .7

Thyroid looks good as TSH are 2.4 , T3 is 3.4 and T4 is 1.2 Teste production looks ok as LH is 6.2 and FSH is 8.3

Now I’ve either need to go back on testosterone or somehow need to figure out how to reduce my shbg as all my free test seems to be aromatizing and I’m feeling like crap and muscle gain is getting bad and abdominal fat is starting to increase .

My daily supplements are a :
multi vitamin, 2,000iu Vit D3 , 6mg Boron , 25mg zinc

Any ideas on what is suggested to get my free testosterone back on track and estrogen in check and shbg reduced I would appreciate it .

Sincerely Mike

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

I am 59 and my ND asked me to try Life Extension Ultra Mens Prostate Formula. He told me it would lower my SHBG and it went from mid 50's to 28. I like it for prostate health but for me I am pretty sure it did lower my SHBG.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I responded to another guy's post today and I think some of it would be applicable to you. You may not have measured free testosterone with an accurate method, and your calculated values are lowish, but not disastrously so.

It's a misconception to think that elevated SHBG is reducing your free testosterone. It's not. Your body is regulating for its preferred level of free testosterone, pretty much independently of SHBG. Unfortunately your set point is on the low side now, perhaps from the past AAS abuse.

I'm a big supporter of maintaining HPTA function, so I suggest considering a trial with a testosterone nasal gel such as Natasto, if such is available to you. These products boost your testosterone for short periods, helping to resolve any low-T symptoms, while not significantly harming the natural production you fought to recover.

way2savage

I responded to another guy's post today and I think some of it would be applicable to you. You may not have measured free testosterone with an accurate method, and your calculated values are lowish, but not disastrously so.

It's a misconception to think that elevated SHBG is reducing your free testosterone. It's not. Your body is regulating for its preferred level of free testosterone, pretty much independently of SHBG. Unfortunately your set point is on the low side now, perhaps from the past AAS abuse.

I'm a big supporter of maintaining HPTA function, so I suggest considering a trial with a testosterone nasal gel such as Natasto, if such is available to you. These products boost your testosterone for short periods, helping to resolve any low-T symptoms, while not significantly harming the natural production you fought to recover.
Thank you I appreciate your reply .

I have attached labs and as you can see it shows my free test and from what I remembered my total test is actually lower than I thought so that is probably why my calculations didn’t look rite .

My thing is I am willing to go back on TRT , injection , crème or nasal but I was wondering do you think it is still necessary to go on even if my total test is that bad ?

I mean I guess what I’m saying is it possible with other supplements to avoid Going back to exogenous testosterone with my current levels as is it fair enough to have hopes to have it get better or am I better off just going back to my TRT regime .

Thank you mike

Ps , My cholesterol isn’t great and I actually eat pretty clean except I do have red meat a lot ‍♂️

Attachments

• 77DEF09F-5CE3-4E16-9E67-C0944B0FDC92.jpeg
    77DEF09F-5CE3-4E16-9E67-C0944B0FDC92.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 62

Systemlord

The bad news is my free test is only 5.8 which is crap and my shbg is high at 82 .
The Free T is linked to how much testosterone your body is producing. The high SHBG is a direct result of the low Free T because the body is trying to scavenge what's on the decline.

You have low-T, but you stopped because as you stated, you were tired of pinning, not because you didn't have low-T.

do you think it is still necessary to go on even if my total test is that bad ?
The free T is the active form of testosterone, the Total T inactive, so it doesn't matter how high your Total T is if your Free T is low. Any increase in T is going to stick to that high SHBG and not affect the Free T hardly at all.

You have low Free T, treatment consists of TRT, HCG or clomid.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thank you I appreciate your reply .

I have attached labs and as you can see it shows my free test and from what I remembered my total test is actually lower than I thought so that is probably why my calculations didn’t look rite .

My thing is I am willing to go back on TRT , injection , crème or nasal but I was wondering do you think it is still necessary to go on even if my total test is that bad ?

I mean I guess what I’m saying is it possible with other supplements to avoid Going back to exogenous testosterone with my current levels as is it fair enough to have hopes to have it get better or am I better off just going back to my TRT regime .

Thank you mike

Ps , My cholesterol isn’t great and I actually eat pretty clean except I do have red meat a lot ‍
That's Labcorp's direct immunoassay free T test, which cannot be trusted. If your SHBG is still ~82 nMol/L then this lower total testosterone does imply free testosterone is further into the gray zone. But it's still somewhat borderline, which means there's a chance that lifestyle modifications could raise testosterone more into the normal range. Rather than supplements, I would focus on diet, sleep and exercise. With diet you can try to reduce the amount of red meat you eat, and use more whole or minimally-processed foods, including vegetables. Avoid products with added oils and sweeteners. Exercise should be regular, but in moderation.

Because your testosterone isn't low enough to be considered a blatant threat to your health, the decision to resume exogenous testosterone must be based on your symptoms—you should be pretty confident they are testosterone-related. The good thing about testosterone nasal gel is that it's far less of a commitment. If you don't like it or it doesn't help then you can just stop it without worrying about needing a couple months or more to again start making your own testosterone. Also, if the nasal gel doesn't help then you may need to consider other causes for your difficulties.

Regarding your progesterone, what is the reference range for that figure of 0.7 ng/mL? If it's Labcorp's range of 0.0-0.5 then I'm wondering if progesterone is a little high while estradiol is a little on the low side relative to testosterone. Below-normal estrogenic activity could be contributing to your issues.

... The high SHBG is a direct result of the low Free T because the body is trying to scavenge what's on the decline.
That's an odd claim. Can you produce a reference? My thought is that SHBG is probably inversely correlated with free testosterone because androgens in general reduce SHBG production. But there are many other factors that also affect the level of SHBG.

way2savage

The nasal testosterone is interesting as I have never heard of it or read much about it until now . With that said I will definitely look into it as I am intrigued.

Yea most definitely the effects I feel lately could be due to estrogen range on the low side .

Stopping testosterone therapy was not 100% due to me not wanting to keep pinning myself as though it did put some weight on it .

Primary reason was that I was diagnosed with kidney cancer but luckily it was encapsulated so it was removed without any chemo. So I had 3/4 of my right kidney removed and even thow my dr said I could continue my therapy I was paranoid as I still think years of anabolic steroid oral abuse and high injectables played a role in it but too what extent I do not know .

I Have been good now for 2 years and every 6 months have had mri scans and all is well .
I see myself now and think of how I once was as a good 30lbs difference from who I was just 3 years ago and I good I felt .

Now comparing all my joint pains and aches and how I tear up so easy on movies that honestly should not effect a man and see the way I easily fatigue after lifting barely intense is saddening. So I know the way I feel is not good and something must change as I try to eat a good clean diet and exercise and yet every step foward results in 2 steps backwards In Easily injured of plain results

So yes I got labs to hopefully see where I can find what is wrong so that I can fix it and I turn fix how I feel .

Sincerely mike

Systemlord

I think the chances of you increasing your natural production has come and passed based on the severity of your symptoms as it sounds like you're in a diseased state.

Vince

Super Moderator
I am 59 and my ND asked me to try Life Extension Ultra Mens Prostate Formula. He told me it would lower my SHBG and it went from mid 50's to 28. I like it for prostate health but for me I am pretty sure it did lower my SHBG.
Interesting post, I wonder if life extension ultra men's prostate formula would work for other men to lower SHPG.

Jucaro

Are you still taking clomid and HCG, or did you stop after the recovery period? After so many years on TRT, I find it interesting that you get your own T production back up to that full amount. Regarding your low free T, I support Cetaceous' advice to use Natesto if it's available to you.
I've been talking about proviron in another thread and it could probably be of help to you as proviron binds SHBG stronger than testosterone, allowing more testosterone to remain free. It can also improve hypogonadal symptoms

way2savage

I’m currently still connected with my trt clinic as they were the ones I asked to get my labs , but they don’t have provirion or natesto and it’s sounds as thow these me be a good option whether it is together or separately I don’t know . Ideas ?

Jucaro

I’m currently still connected with my trt clinic as they were the ones I asked to get my labs , but they don’t have provirion or natesto
I don't know in which country you are, but I think proviron is not available en USA, It could be a much cheaper and easy way to help in your case, and very little or no risk to compromise your endogenous production of testosterone. May be you could serch for a reliable source on internet.

these me be a good option whether it is together or separately I don’t know . Ideas ?
I wouldn't advise to take both together, no need for that, there would be more chances to suppress your HPTA and I think you don't want that to happen.
Anyway, take one or the other, you must be monitored by your trt clinic.

way2savage

Yes , I am gonna see if I can find a HTY clinic that sells it , I’m in the us so I can probably find one that sells the nasal spray but instead of proviron all I found threw clinics were with danazol or high dose Boron for SHBG reduction.

way2savage

I also added another lab which I forgot on my previous posts for those to review and give their advice on its numbers .

Attachments

• DFF45D30-055B-4D22-8786-DE4F7B5D5FC8.jpeg
    DFF45D30-055B-4D22-8786-DE4F7B5D5FC8.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 54

way2savage

FYI , even with a good ex prescription the cheapest I could find natesto was for $184.29 for just 1 11g gel nasal pump .

Seems like everything these days our expensive. As I checked with my current TRT clinic and they are $175 for a 10ml of cypionate .

Attachments

• 7B9705BD-1F22-4B5C-A591-369320C3A917.jpeg
    7B9705BD-1F22-4B5C-A591-369320C3A917.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 51

rb79

Hi @MarcoFL,
This sounds pretty promising, did you monitor your total T and free T as well?
Was the SHBG somehow followed by a decrease of total T?
Cheers!

rb79

did you experiment adverse side effects?

the ingredient list is pretty huge... would be nice to know which items are having an effect on shbg.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me