Help me Understand Half Life

Buy Lab Tests Online

DixieWrecked

So it take roughly 5 half lives for a drug to be out of your system. So if I injected 500mg of test cyp it would take roughly a month to be out of my system. But if I inject 100mg of test cyp, it would also take about 1 month to be out of my system. How does this makes sense? Explain to me like I am five please.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
From a clinical standpoint, it is common to assume that a drug is effectively eliminated after 4-5 half-lives. So, in strict pharmacokinetic terms, if we use a half-life of efavirenz of 50 hours, we would conclude that it is eliminated in 250 hours (5 half-lives), or about 10 days.Sep 20, 2000
1595893239910.png

Latest Medical News, Clinical Trials, Guidelines - Today on Medscape › viewar...
Ask the Experts - Space Out Drug Discontinuations Prior to "Drug...

swoops36

So it take roughly 5 half lives for a drug to be out of your system. So if I injected 500mg of test cyp it would take roughly a month to be out of my system. But if I inject 100mg of test cyp, it would also take about 1 month to be out of my system. How does this makes sense? Explain to me like I am five please.
It doesn’t really mean it’s ‘out of your system’, it just means it declines by 50% at each interval. There’s a point where there’s still some chemical in your system but it’s too small to have an effect. That point would be reached quicker with the 100mg dose than the 500mg dose.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
No need to get into a lot of detail to explain the example. The half-life model says that if you have a certain amount of a drug present at the start, say X, then at some future time you will have some fraction of X left, with the fraction determined by the elapsed time and the half-life parameter, and independent of the starting amount. So if you're comparing starting with 100 mg versus starting with 500 mg, then the remaining amount is always five times greater with the larger starting amount. Suppose the fraction remaining is one percent after one month. Then starting with 100 mg you're left with 1 mg after a month, whereas starting with 500 mg you're left with 5 mg. In either case you're left with the same fraction of the starting amount. In the case of an elapsed time of five half-lives, this fraction is assumed to be small enough to neglect, about three percent.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me