Help me create a Hydrocortisone treatment

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vvs1

Hey guys, quick background, I have high reverse t3, low salivary cortisol, and high shbg.

I have tried t3 meds that really didn’t do much besides increase shbg , and I’m now on Natesto only

I want to try hydrocortisone, Hisone, from ADC. Articles I have read on low cortisol claim my cortisol is in a range that is beyond self repair, and requires HC. Plus all of these vitamin C/adrenal cocktail drinks are actually counterproductive for low cortisol.

I’d want to to a protocol to recover my natural adrenal function, and not rely on Hydrocortisone.

Theres 5 and 20 mg tablets of Hydrocortisone available. May add bioidentical progesterone cream on the back of my neck for a neurosteroid bump, if that’s even possible.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

wondering

Start w/ 10mg upon waking (keep on your nightstand). You should never take more than 10mg at one time.

See if that helps you. If not, you can add 5mg more at lunch time (approx. 5 hours later).

See if that helps. If not, you can add 2.5mg or 5mg 5 hours later.

I wouldn't go higher than 20 or 25mg. Again, never more than 10mg at a time and that should be reserved for first thing in AM.

You will not be fixed over night, it takes time for your HPA to recover. Months if not year or so. If you add afternoon or evening doses, after a few months, you can slowly back off the evening dose and then the lunchtime dose. If taking 5mg, cut to 2.5mg and so on.

The 10mg morning dose should be last to drop - I still haven't given it up.

Last edited:

Vvs1

Start w/ 10mg upon waking (keep on your nightstand). You should never take more than 10mg at one time.

See if that helps you. If not, you can add 5mg more at lunch time (approx. 5 hours later).

I wouldn't go higher than 20 or 25mg. Again, never more than 10mg at a time and that should be reserved for first thing in AM.

You will not be fixed over night, it takes time for your HPA to recover. Months if not year or so. If you add afternoon or evening doses, after a few months, you can slowly back off the evening dose and then the lunchtime dose. If taking 5mg, cut to 2.5mg and so on.

Is it ok to take a morning dose inconsistently? I don’t want to develop a tolerance or my own adrenals shutting down from outside hormones?

I always feel terrible when I take a cortisol reducer/blocker such as chamomile tea.

wondering

Is it ok to take a morning dose inconsistently? I don’t want to develop a tolerance or my own adrenals shutting down from outside hormones?

I always feel terrible when I take a cortisol reducer/blocker such as chamomile tea.

If you dose properly as described you are NOT shutting your system down you are supplementing. You can always stress dose when sick or under extreme stress, but I would take the 10mg every day if needed or you will always just be coping and never get better. Just my two cents.

Vvs1

If you dose properly as described you are NOT shutting your system down you are supplementing. You can always stress dose when sick or under extreme stress, but I would take the 10mg every day if needed or you will always just be coping and never get better. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the help. I have low morning cortisol and a huge drop midday.

What improvements or unfavorable changes have you noticed from HC? Do you add T3? I’m high in reverse t3.

wondering

Thanks for the help. I have low morning cortisol and a huge drop midday.

What improvements or unfavorable changes have you noticed from HC? Do you add T3? I’m high in reverse t3.

At my worst, I couldn't leave the house or sleep - the anxiety was unbearable. Blood sugar was always low. Light headed. Depressed. Horrible.

HC helped me cope and slowly I got better. Winter is especially hard. The longer days will help you as Spring arrives. HC saved me, it really did.

wondering

Have you found your ability to tolerate thyroid increase with adrenal support via HC supplementation? When you tried T3 in the past, what happened? Anxiety, palpitations, nervousness etc?

Yes, once my HPA seemed to settle down, Thyroid became much easier to tolerate. Dr. Mariano used to say.. the perfect test of HPA status is taking Thyroid hormone.

T3 alone just made my heart beat too fast and felt too ramped up. I convert T4 to T3 pretty well. So, I actually need a touch of Levothyroxine along with my daily NP Thyroid to get the right balance.

Do you think Adrenal Cortex Extract could achieve the same or similar? Interesting you mention Dr. Mariano, i see him mentioned everywhere yet I can't find any content from him directly online. Does he have any resources you could point me towards?

I already know the same would happen to me if I tired T3 - even low dose caffeine gives me the same things you mentioned.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

If you're going to take any exogenous cortisones on a continuous base, you should always take DHEA to balance it with.

if you're taking exogenous cortisones to fight adrenal fatigue, you shouldn't worry about reducing your body's own cortisol production, as this is the whole point of cortisol replacement therapy (using daily, small doses). You want to reduce the load on your adrenals so they don't get burned out and can keep up.

MarcoFL

Yes, once my HPA seemed to settle down, Thyroid became much easier to tolerate. Dr. Mariano used to say.. the perfect test of HPA status is taking Thyroid hormone.

T3 alone just made my heart beat too fast and felt too ramped up. I convert T4 to T3 pretty well. So, I actually need a touch of Levothyroxine along with my daily NP Thyroid to get the right balance.
what is your current thyroid protocol?

wondering

what is your current thyroid protocol?

25mcg Levothyroxine
90mg NP Thyroid - though it is really closer to 75mg or 60mg as I have to pinch a bit off. It works so I haven't asked my doc to lower the dose. I probably should and save a couple bucks.

But, we are all unique, you need to let labs and symptoms guide you.

Gianluca

hi @Wolverine how is going with the HC? did you find that taking the 10mg HC in the am was helping later in the day as well?

how is your Pregnenolone, Progesterone, DHEA and Aldosteone?

Keepfit1

Hey guys, quick background, I have high reverse t3, low salivary cortisol, and high shbg.

I have tried t3 meds that really didn’t do much besides increase shbg , and I’m now on Natesto only

I want to try hydrocortisone, Hisone, from ADC. Articles I have read on low cortisol claim my cortisol is in a range that is beyond self repair, and requires HC. Plus all of these vitamin C/adrenal cocktail drinks are actually counterproductive for low cortisol.

I’d want to to a protocol to recover my natural adrenal function, and not rely on Hydrocortisone.

Theres 5 and 20 mg tablets of Hydrocortisone available. May add bioidentical progesterone cream on the back of my neck for a neurosteroid bump, if that’s even possible.
A word of caution on HC, if you dont need it I wouldnt take it, I was put on it by Hertoghe 15 years ago and I dont think I really needed it but I do now, its a drag taking it 3 times a day and I dont feel that great on it. Some docs say more than 15mg a day shuts down your own production and remember if you become dependant on it and shut down own production if you have a illness or trauma or a car accident you need HC doubled asap , thats a serious dependancy and can be dangeroes. Hertoghe loves the stuff, he takes 30mg at 8am and thats it for the day, never heard of anyone else doing it. It may be worth trying Pregnenolone first as its further up the tree.
If you really need HC so be it but make sure thats the only option, just my two cents.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me