Help determining proper pregnenolone dosage and frequency

Buy Lab Tests Online

newuser

Hi all,
I've been experimenting with pregnenolone for over a year now, with varied success. I seem to get benefits at 100mg (such as higher libido, more pronounced nighttime erections and better sleep); however, I don't get these results consistently. If I try to continue 100mg daily, the effects start waning by the second day (my theory for this is possibly progesterone elevating too high). I've also tried lowering the dose to 10mg, 25mg and 50mg; however, oddly enough, I only seem to get the benefits at 100mg. Extended use at the other doses eventually builds up and produces only negative effects. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could clarify the half-life of pregnenolone, its sulfate derivative, and its conversion to progesterone and could offer any insight on dosing frequency.

By the way, I've experimented with just progesterone, but the benefits are less pronounced, and I become more susceptible to the negative effects.

(sorry for the long-winded ramble)
I think you have such a effect with different doses because of Pregenenolone u-shape action Biphasic, U-shaped actions at the GABAa receptor

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

newuser

Thanks for your response, I believe you are correct. Do you happen to have any insight on how I could proceed from here?
You are very welcome! You can try low dose of transdermal pregnenolone appied E3D or E4D. Trandermal application stays up to 5 days inside skin. If suspended in DMSO even longer.

Sozzing

You are very welcome! You can try low dose of transdermal pregnenolone appied E3D or E4D. Trandermal application stays up to 5 days inside skin. If suspended in DMSO even longer.
Thanks, I'll order some and give it a shot. I will report back with any results.

MIP1950

My experience with oral pregnenolone has been uneven and sometimes contradictory. When taken at night, it did help me fall asleep. However, the worst for me is that I experience severe GERD if I take it at night. I've read somewhere that it relaxes the esophageal sphincter. Nothing like waking up with a mouthful of acid, coughing your lungs out. Topical always makes me hyper and hot, possibly ramping up my thyroid. I'm considering intranasal; snorting up a small amount in each nostril. I use Health Natura micronized powder. If I were to reconsider oral preg, I'd take it in the morning.

MIP1950

Hi all,
I've been experimenting with pregnenolone for over a year now, with varied success. I seem to get benefits at 100mg (such as higher libido, more pronounced nighttime erections and better sleep); however, I don't get these results consistently. If I try to continue 100mg daily, the effects start waning by the second day (my theory for this is possibly progesterone elevating too high). I've also tried lowering the dose to 10mg, 25mg and 50mg; however, oddly enough, I only seem to get the benefits at 100mg. Extended use at the other doses eventually builds up and produces only negative effects. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could clarify the half-life of pregnenolone, its sulfate derivative, and its conversion to progesterone and could offer any insight on dosing frequency.

By the way, I've experimented with just progesterone, but the benefits are less pronounced, and I become more susceptible to the negative effects.

(sorry for the long-winded ramble)
Ray Peat PhD, who spent decades researching and using pregnenolone, has written that when taking 300 mg, once a week, the body will keep recycling it. Given your experience, and everyone is different, a weekly dose, whatever that might be, could be the compromise solution.

Sozzing

Ray Peat PhD, who spent decades researching and using pregnenolone, has written that when taking 300 mg, once a week, the body will keep recycling it. Given your experience, and everyone is different, a weekly dose, whatever that might be, could be the compromise solution.
Thanks for the response, the cream isn't arriving for another couple of weeks so I'll give this a go in the meantime.

JA Battle

Larger single doses are also preferentially converted into progesterone, it’s metabolite allopregnenolone and pregnenolone’s sulfated form, pregnenolone sulfate.

A human synthesizes between 30-50 mg of pregnenolone daily. So it’s probably the most natural to take 10mg with three meals. Higher test doses probably warrant an increase in pregnenolone. Also if one is on trt with no hcg, it likely reduces how much pregnenolone is converted to progesterone and dhea due to the STAR enzyme that requires LH.

I’d say that conversion will be altered more to pregnenolone sulfate in this scenario but that is just a semi educated guess.

If one is not on hcg I’d say that taking

10mg of oral pregnenolone three times daily, 1mg to 3mg oral progesterone three times daily.

If one is on hcg I’d say just take 5mg pregnenolone 3 times daily with no progesterone at first and then consider .5 to 1.5 mg oral progesterone three times daily.

This is just a conservative low dose. Per individual, increases of one or both could be warranted.

Missing long is the same as missing short. To me, it makes the most sense to miss short and work your way up but these doses I think would benefit many and is a good starting point if one wants to be methodical about upstream hormone replacement.

If serum dheas is not at least half range then I’d say oral .5mg three times daily. We only produce 2-5mg of dhea daily. Slowly dheaS stores will increase. We make 25mg of dheaS daily but I don’t think we get there by blasting ourselves with supraphysiological doses of dhea.

The next thought is to see what the oral bioavailability of dheaS is and learn more about oral metabolism of dhea. It may be wise to supplement dheaS directly which I have done.

JA Battle

Here is an example of oral dheas

Now we can figure out a good starting point to consume dheas orally.

Also whatever we determine for a dheas dose we would take a % of that amount worth of dhea with it. In physiological dose and ratio.

MIP1950

Here is an example of oral dheas

Now we can figure out a good starting point to consume dheas orally.

Also whatever we determine for a dheas dose we would take a % of that amount worth of dhea with it. In physiological dose and ratio.
Regarding DHEA, Dr. Etienne-Emile Beaulieu, French biochemist and endocrinologist, one of the world's experts on DHEA, still working at 94, recommended, in a lecture that's on YouTube, that most people could benefit from 25 mg, daily. On the other side is Dr. Henry Lindner, interventional endocrinologist in PA, who recommends 75 mg, sublingual, daily, for men. And, too, it can argued that perhaps less is more, so 10 mg, daily. With both pregnenolone and DHEA, it is a matter of self-experimentation unless one is being treated by a doctor who has a good understanding of how to use them.

JA Battle

Regarding DHEA, Dr. Etienne-Emile Beaulieu, French biochemist and endocrinologist, one of the world's experts on DHEA, still working at 94, recommended, in a lecture that's on YouTube, that most people could benefit from 25 mg, daily. On the other side is Dr. Henry Lindner, interventional endocrinologist in PA, who recommends 75 mg, sublingual, daily, for men. And, too, it can argued that perhaps less is more, so 10 mg, daily. With both pregnenolone and DHEA, it is a matter of self-experimentation unless one is being treated by a doctor who has a good understanding of how to use them.
Their recommendations are interesting that’s for sure. To me, the recommendations make little to no sense based on other published information making reference to the adult adrenal cortex having around 4mg of dhea and 25mg of dheas produced daily. Whether we care is another matter.

I’d say 5mg of injectable dheas morning and night or at least one injection of 10mg (24 hour half life) is ideal and the body will free what dhea it needs from the sulfated stores. This is what makes the most sense. However I am not a chemist and have not found a way to get dheas into solution for injection after 2 failed attempts. So I’m relegated to continuing to use dheas in 99.9% dmso.

MIP1950

Their recommendations are interesting that’s for sure. To me, the recommendations make little to no sense based on other published information making reference to the adult adrenal cortex having around 4mg of dhea and 25mg of dheas produced daily. Whether we care is another matter.

I’d say 5mg of injectable dheas morning and night or at least one injection of 10mg (24 hour half life) is ideal and the body will free what dhea it needs from the sulfated stores. This is what makes the most sense. However I am not a chemist and have not found a way to get dheas into solution for injection after 2 failed attempts. So I’m relegated to continuing to use dheas in 99.9% dmso.
Years ago, maybe on All Things Male, there was a thread about injectable DHEA. With an rx, it can be compounded. I've read sites where guys make their own IM test and other steroids. I'd be concerned about keeping it sterile.

Just looked at Empower and they don't offer injectable DHEA but someone else might make it. I'll just swallow a capsule or get pharma grade powder like you're using. Just found a veterinary site that sells it, injectable. Cool.

JA Battle

Years ago, maybe on All Things Male, there was a thread about injectable DHEA. With an rx, it can be compounded. I've read sites where guys make their own IM test and other steroids. I'd be concerned about keeping it sterile.

Just looked at Empower and they don't offer injectable DHEA but someone else might make it. I'll just swallow a capsule or get pharma grade powder like you're using. Just found a veterinary site that sells it, injectable. Cool.
I must specify that I’m referring to two different things. There is dhea and then there is dheas (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate)

MIP1950

I must specify that I’m referring to two different things. There is dhea and then there is dheas (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate)
Not familiar with DHEA-S as a supplement or injectable. I understand that DHEA is converted to the sulfated form in the liver. Always something new to learn.

JA Battle

Not familiar with DHEA-S as a supplement or injectable. I understand that DHEA is converted to the sulfated form in the liver. Always something new to learn.
It is not readily available for most. The body is not used to converting large amounts of dhea into dheas and certainly not by hepatic processes. It happens that the body converts dheas into dhea on an as needed basis.

MIP1950

It is not readily available for most. The body is not used to converting large amounts of dhea into dheas and certainly not by hepatic processes. It happens that the body converts dheas into dhea on an as needed basis.
The sulfated form is the storage form. ZRT Labs has an informative page about both forms, as well as why topical is as important as oral or sublingual.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me