Help choosing a TRT doctor - Defy vs Dr Rotman

Buy Lab Tests Online
Looking for a little bit of opinion here. I'm currently a patient of Dr Saya and have had a really great experience so far. Someone close to me insisted that I get a second opinion from a local doctor I can meet with in person, and I'm not opposed to seeing someone that my insurance would pay for. I met with Dr Rotman today after seeing recommendations online, and also had a good experience. I'm having trouble deciding which to stay with now!

I did like having an in person discussion with Dr Rotman, and covering little things like mixing T and HCG in the same syringe. However, while he was super nice and knowledgable, I definitely feel like I'm more comfortable with Dr Saya, on a personality level. My only qualm with Defy is that I have found dealing with their office to be slightly frustrating at times. Nothing terrible, just feels a lot colder than I'd like (Dr Saya is the total opposite, I feel completely at ease talking to him). I trust both of them, both have great reviews, but I also feel I'm asking for trouble changing something that "ain't broke."

There's also a slight chance I'll be relocating in the next year or two, and Defy can obviously treat me anywhere. I also don't want to bounce back and forth between doctors, and would like to maintain a good relationship with one of them. I feel I already have that with Dr Saya.

What would you guys do? Any considerations?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

StepbyStep

I vote for Defy. I think I know what you mean when dealing with their office, it depends on who you talk to though. The bottom line though is that their office workers and easy to reach, quick to take care of issues, and efficient. I've never waited more than a minute or two to talk to someone.

I work with Dr. Saya too, and I'll say this. He is willing to try almost anything, and open to so much more than most doctors you'll find elsewhere. I've seen 5-6 doctors through insurance, and all of them are so closed minded it's unbearable. It took my a year to get my primary endocrinologist to open up and let me try combining HCG and Test together.

I know nothing about Dr. Rotman, and it's always worth shopping around, but with Defy there is no uphill battle to get the help you need.

Vince

Super Moderator
I like to say that the medical care is above reproach when I work with Dr Saya and Nurse Jill but the front office administration is a constant struggle.
In all honesty I have zero issues with Defy medical office. I usually call them when I'm at work, it may take a few times but I do get through. Everyone I've talked to knows their job.

Nomad

I love the staff at defy medical. My only complaint is that they don’t write prescriptions and force you into using their compounding pharmacies. I would save a TON of money through prescriptions.

DragonBits

Even for medications they carry? If so that’s a game changer. I’d be able to get test, hcg, and ai for less than 100.00 every 90 days!

Defy writes prescriptions, but not for testosterone across state lines. So if you live in florida, no problem. They have faxed prescriptions for $30 for T3/T4 and metformin.

Defy front office is easy to work with, the only thing I find annoying is most of the time when lab results are available, i have to call them up to get the results, or wait 3 more days for Labcorp to let me see them. But when I call, it's very easy and fast to get someone to send the results. This IMO is likely more a software issue, but it's not a big issue.

In your situation I would go for Dr. Rotman assuming he recommends the sort of protocol you want and insurance pays for it.

Bases solely on money, if insurance pays, why not? (My life's a business as well.)

As far as changing, Defy is easy to work so changing shouldn't be a big deal with and no guarantee any business or individual will be the same 2 years from now. But I am 85% self directed needing a doctor mostly to write prescriptions. If I get sick/injured in some more serious way, I need a local doc anyway.

Nomad

Defy writes prescriptions, but not for testosterone across state lines. So if you live in florida, no problem. They have faxed prescriptions for $30 for T3/T4 and metformin.

Defy front office is easy to work with, the only thing I find annoying is most of the time when lab results are available, i have to call them up to get the results, or wait 3 more days for Labcorp to let me see them. But when I call, it's very easy and fast to get someone to send the results. This IMO is likely more a software issue, but it's not a big issue.

In your situation I would go for Dr. Rotman assuming he recommends the sort of protocol you want and insurance pays for it.

Bases solely on money, if insurance pays, why not? (My life's a business as well.)

As far as changing, Defy is easy to work so changing shouldn't be a big deal with and no guarantee any business or individual will be the same 2 years from now. But I am 85% self directed needing a doctor mostly to write prescriptions. If I get sick/injured in some more serious way, I need a local doc anyway.
Very cool! I wonder why they can’t do it for the testosterone.

SilverSurfer

Very cool! I wonder why they can’t do it for the testosterone.

Testosterone is a DEA scheduled (III) drug. You need a special DEA # to RX scheduled medication, and given the crackdown on opiates I’m sure the RXing doctor isn’t keen on hundreds of patients from all over the USA walking into their respective pharmacies in CA, WI, NY, or WA with a script from a Florida licensed doc. Is it legal? Absolutely. But it’s just asking to get red flagged to the DEA or have countless pharmacists calling their office to verify the veracity of the RX.

Nomad

Testosterone is a DEA scheduled (III) drug. You need a special DEA # to RX scheduled medication, and given the crackdown on opiates I’m sure the RXing doctor isn’t keen on hundreds of patients from all over the USA walking into their respective pharmacies in CA, WI, NY, or WA with a script from a Florida licensed doc. Is it legal? Absolutely. But it’s just asking to get red flagged to the DEA or have countless pharmacists calling their office to verify the veracity of the RX.

That makes sense. I’m going to try using express scripts mail order pharmacy through tricare(military retiree insurance) I was just on the site. I wonder if anyone has had luck getting reimbursement from tricare with a defy medical cms1500.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me