Help! Advice before AI (Anastrozole)

Buy Lab Tests Online

liono_i_am

So I've been on TRT for a number of months, and can't seem to get dialed in. I feel lethargic, emotional/mild depression, no drive/motivation, low libido, weak erectile function. Doctor seems a bit flustered and asked what I think the issue is. After all my research, the only thing I can come up with is that I'm just really sensitive to E2 levels.

He prescribed .25mg of Anastrozole 2/week (.5mg per week). Today is supposed to be my first dose, and quite honestly I'm scared as shit with all the horror stories I've read.

• Current protocol is: 24mg Test Cyp EOD (84mg per week). No HCG.
  • Labs from 09/24 attached (on my injection day, but before injection)
Am I even right that it's likely E2? What should I expect with the Anastrozole? Can that dosage crash my E2? Should I do it? Experiences?

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 11.58.44 AM.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DixieWrecked

Give it a whirl and report back here. Would love to know how it turns out. A few weeks of an AI isn't going to kill you. Not even close

Vince

Super Moderator
So I've been on TRT for a number of months, and can't seem to get dialed in. I feel lethargic, emotional/mild depression, no drive/motivation, low libido, weak erectile function. Doctor seems a bit flustered and asked what I think the issue is. After all my research, the only thing I can come up with is that I'm just really sensitive to E2 levels.

He prescribed .25mg of Anastrozole 2/week (.5mg per week). Today is supposed to be my first dose, and quite honestly I'm scared as shit with all the horror stories I've read.

Am I even right that it's likely E2? What should I expect with the Anastrozole? Can that dosage crash my E2? Should I do it? Experiences?

View attachment 16967
You may want to try HCG, before you go to an AI.

Systemlord

I had a similar experience, with high E2 the only elephant in the room, tried AI's (0.050) and only worsened my condition.

As my E2 climbed I felt worse, so I was sure it was the high E2 causing my issues, but higher T requires more iron and in fact someone on TRT requires more iron than someone not on T.

Then I found my iron and ferritin levels below the reference ranges with normal hemoglobin levels, but not for long.

Since then I've been supplementing iron and I've had my E2 as high as 93 pg/mL and feel great.

So I think you need to check your iron status, ferritin, iron saturation and iron should be enough.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Would you mind elaborating on this? I'm a newbie so please forgive me -- but I was under the impression that HCG actually aromatizes even more efficiently and could increase E2 even higher.
Yes, HCG should increase your E2. Most men on trt, do feel better using HCG, not all. The only way you know if you're like most men on trt and need HCG. Is by trying it.

You really don't know what's causing you issues. Is it your estrogen levels or something else.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Here's a somewhat different perspective: I've had similar numbers and similar symptoms. The disruption of an AI can initially appear to help, but it seems like the benefits never last. At least for me, a bigger factor is that the level of testosterone is too high. Having total testosterone over 800 ng/dL is nice for athleticism, but it's well over the average of 600-700 for healthy young men, implying it may be well over your body's natural set point. TRT is already quite disruptive, suppressing or influencing many other hormones. The effect is compounded when the level of testosterone is greater than what's normal for you.

In any case, if you haven't experimented with doses up to at least a 30-40% lower then you should. You also need to allow a couple months between changes for your body to adjust.

Using hCG can be helpful because it's acting to replace one of the hormones suppressed by TRT: LH. Unfortunately it's an imperfect replacement, and excessive estradiol is a possible result.

Something to keep in the back of your mind is that, if in the long term you still never feel dialed-in then you can try a testosterone nasal gel, such as Natesto, in place of conventional TRT. This has the big advantage of reducing the impact of higher testosterone on other hormones, potentially giving better subjective results.

JA Battle

Here's a somewhat different perspective: I've had similar numbers and similar symptoms. The disruption of an AI can initially appear to help, but it seems like the benefits never last. At least for me, a bigger factor is that the level of testosterone is too high. Having total testosterone over 800 ng/dL is nice for athleticism, but it's well over the average of 600-700 for healthy young men, implying it may be well over your body's natural set point. TRT is already quite disruptive, suppressing or influencing many other hormones. The effect is compounded when the level of testosterone is greater than what's normal for you.

In any case, if you haven't experimented with doses up to at least a 30-40% lower then you should. You also need to allow a couple months between changes for your body to adjust.

Using hCG can be helpful because it's acting to replace one of the hormones suppressed by TRT: LH. Unfortunately it's an imperfect replacement, and excessive estradiol is a possible result.

Something to keep in the back of your mind is that, if in the long term you still never feel dialed-in then you can try a testosterone nasal gel, such as Natesto, in place of conventional TRT. This has the big advantage of reducing the impact of higher testosterone on other hormones, potentially giving better subjective results.
Great advice Cat. I may reset and try natesto myself at some point or possibly 1-2mg doses of test suspended in water in morning maybe another mg at lunch. This in conjunction with getting a varicocele procedure.

DDawg

View attachment 16967
Hey Bro, I felt really lethargic too until I have my first blood donation!! I felt lighter,
More energetic amd was finally able to be motivated to start exercising again!! It’s been years since I worked out and the few times I did work out I would get j hired so I was back on the DL…very no conducive to getting the sly heir and stronger. It actually felt like the TRT was working after I donated!!! I can’t wait until my next donation!! I’m 51 and started TRT 9 months ago. Just my $.02 Good luck!!

DDawg

Hey Bro, I felt really lethargic too until I have my first blood donation!! I felt lighter,
More energetic amd was finally able to be motivated to start exercising again!! It’s been years since I worked out and the few times I did work out I would get j hired so I was back on the DL…very no conducive to getting the sly heir and stronger. It actually felt like the TRT was working after I donated!!! I can’t wait until my next donation!! I’m 51 and started TRT 9 months ago. Just my $.02 Good luck!!
*injured

Alli

View attachment 16967
Don’t start it without estrodial labs; I take ashwaghanda in addition to T and it really makes a a lot of difference.

Gman86

Did u do just a regular donation or a double red?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me