Heart Palpitations on TRT? The cause?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Krock

I think you are in denial that your dose might be too high - it’s estradiol; no wait it’s magnesium; maybe it’s 1/8 too much of an Arimadex pill. D if you are drinking 8 beers and smoking cigarettes, I think you are just throwing your money away on TRT therapy. You’re basically ‘multiplying by zero’.... the most dialed in protocol won’t do anything if your life/health habits are crap. You sound like you are all over the place with everything.
I felt this a bit harsh when I first read it, but I read it... I actually apologize if I overreacted because I did lower my dose of T and I am convinced it is helping dramatically, so thank you!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jmzwy

Wasn’t harsh / I mentally combined your posts with those of this threads original author. Missed the fact it was two people. I may have been a bit harsh as well - apologies. Just to simplify - things for me improved dramatically with lower dosages. While I was extremely low hormonally across the bird pre-TRT, I am interestingly a super-responder to seemingly all the meds I use. So lower doses work great for me. Best of luck and new with it.

Krock

Thanks again, I really appreciate it! I think one of my problems is that my Urologist who is the one overseeing all of this is not running enough labs etc....

blinkyvx

General question - when you guys refer to palpitations, are you talking about irregular heartbeats or pounding heartbeats? Within the last few weeks I started experiencing pounding heartbeats after 7 months on TRT and almost 3 months on HCG. It's very annoying, but the heart rhythm feels steady with maybe a slightly higher rate .

have you tried magnesium oxide 400mg? i took 2 doses yesterday after pounding heart for 5 6 days, and they've pretty much vanished

hotdog

Blinky, the American Journal of Emergency Medicine says "Intravenous magnesium has been suggested as a treatment for certain emergency conditions for more than 60 years. It is currently proposed to be beneficial in treating asthma, preeclampsia, eclampsia, myocardial infarction, and cardiac arrhythmias."
A Magnesium drip is always one of the first things used in the ER.

Rock H. Johnson

I used to have palpitations. I make a Magnesium spray as it has a better absorption rate transdermal and you can use it topical. Add 7 gram of Magnesium Chloride or Magnesium Sulfate(Epsom Salt) to 100ml warm water. Chloride is superior to Sulfate in transdemal absorption and bio-availability. Start with 3 sprays in each armpit 30min before sleep, build up to 10-15 sprays based on individual tolerance. Can also be used topically for cramps or restless legs, muscle fatigue after workouts, etc. Cheap and simple but effective solution.

SilverSurfer

have you tried magnesium oxide 400mg? i took 2 doses yesterday after pounding heart for 5 6 days, and they've pretty much vanished

At age 50, I find a daily 400 mg dose to be beneficial both for heart health and digestive health. I think as we age our intake of potassium and magnesium needs to be supplemented.

pauljw

I too had heart palpatations and booming sensation. started several weeks after beginning trt. tried numerous things including magnesium. cut test dose down in half, magically symptoms disappeared after few days.

blinkyvx

Mine still comes but nit as strong. Wonder if its HCT related?

Also have elevations in HR at night when going laying to standing to take a liss late start night.

Hawthorne berry suppose to be good for cardio/blood vessel health was cheap to buy.

CROM

I was diagnosed as having benign palpitations 10 years ago. All the gold standard test (CT scan, Holter, Echocardiogram) confirmed I have zero heart abnormalities. Cardiologist said he doesn’t know why people have benign palpitations. I got them every day. Sometimes just a few palps, sometimes thousands.

Before I started TRT my testosterone level was 159. When I started TRT my palpitations basically stopped. Ironically the only time I got palpitations since beginning TRT was when I went to the cardiologist. I was extremely stressed about going to the doctor so my palpitations started again. Possibly because cortisol inhibits testosterone. I got hundreds of PVCs while I was at the cardiologist. They stopped the moment I left his office because I was relaxed when I left.

Most cardiologist say palpitations are because of stress or high cortisol levels. I believe this to be true. Cortisol levels are higher in the morning and I would wake up a lot with light but numerous palpitations in the morning.

What you eat also affects cortisol and your overall health. I also think long-term eating healthy and TRT helped to stop my palpitations. I would also suspect insulin resistance might affect palpitations. Testosterone does improve insulin resistance. I have heard Magnesium also improves insulin resistance. Maybe this is why some people claim magnesium stops their palpitations. It didn’t help me though.

Wilson7

I've been going through the PAC/PVC issue for years, esp the last year. Has nothing to do with HRT, in fact HRT reduces the risk of A-fib. and is anti-inflammatory. They did a pulmonary vein isolation to try and stop the atrial trigeminy I had, came back in 3 weeks, they either didn't get it or missed it. Probably have a second ablation done next year. They are very distracting and affect every aspect of QOL. Only 2 or 3 hot spots driving thousands of palpitations daily. Shouldn't be that hard to map. Have much less during exercise, mostly at rest or standing still.

Charliebizz

I was diagnosed as having benign palpitations 10 years ago. All the gold standard test (CT scan, Holter, Echocardiogram) confirmed I have zero heart abnormalities. Cardiologist said he doesn’t know why people have benign palpitations. I got them every day. Sometimes just a few palps, sometimes thousands.

Before I started TRT my testosterone level was 159. When I started TRT my palpitations basically stopped. Ironically the only time I got palpitations since beginning TRT was when I went to the cardiologist. I was extremely stressed about going to the doctor so my palpitations started again. Possibly because cortisol inhibits testosterone. I got hundreds of PVCs while I was at the cardiologist. They stopped the moment I left his office because I was relaxed when I left.

Most cardiologist say palpitations are because of stress or high cortisol levels. I believe this to be true. Cortisol levels are higher in the morning and I would wake up a lot with light but numerous palpitations in the morning.

What you eat also affects cortisol and your overall health. I also think long-term eating healthy and TRT helped to stop my palpitations. I would also suspect insulin resistance might affect palpitations. Testosterone does improve insulin resistance. I have heard Magnesium also improves insulin resistance. Maybe this is why some people claim magnesium stops their palpitations. It didn’t help me though.
i have low normal cortisol and I have palpitations everyday also. Trt made them worse and at another time made them better. Can never pin point why. Magnesium never changed a thing and I’ve tried I.v mag and injections. Also didn’t stop my benign muscle fasciculations

blinkyvx

isnt bounding pulse different from papls? also rate rhythm seem to stay consistent and dont vary at least for me. Just a very noticeable strong beat..

interesting so the magnesium product i bought is mag Turate , mag Glycniate, and mag Malate 150mg only though... is that adequate?

Last edited:

CROM

i have low normal cortisol and I have palpitations everyday also. Trt made them worse and at another time made them better. Can never pin point why. Magnesium never changed a thing and I’ve tried I.v mag and injections. Also didn’t stop my benign muscle fasciculations

I got palpitations every single day for years. Sometimes just a few, couple hundred or thousands. I’ve been palpitation free for roughly 2 years (minus 1 day when I got stressed at the cardiologist, lol).

I did a few things all at the same time that might have caused them to stop.

I stopped eating sugar
I follow a nutritional keto diet
I consume no more than 2000 calories per day
I got under 15% body fat
I got my T levels in range, not above range
I got more sleep

If I wake up after 4 hours I take melatonin to get another 4 hours of sleep.

Testosterone absolutely improved my palpitations. Doesn’t mean it’s the cure for someone else. There could be numerous things wrong that cause palps/pvcs. Excessive long-term sugar consumption may have played a part. So it may take long-term eating very strict to repair your body. It may take months of eating healthy to repair your body.

I also know that sugar/carbs made my situation worse. Spend a few months eating perfect, no sugar, reduce your stress and see what happens. Nearly every cardiologist says things that raise cortisol are to blame…like sugar, smoking, stress, etc.

I tried everything the doctors suggested and it worked.

blinkyvx

I got palpitations every single day for years. Sometimes just a few, couple hundred or thousands. I’ve been palpitation free for roughly 2 years (minus 1 day when I got stressed at the cardiologist, lol).

Testosterone absolutely improved my palpitations. Doesn’t mean it’s the cure for someone else. There could be numerous things wrong that cause palps/pvcs. Excessive long-term sugar consumption may have played a part. So it may take long-term eating very strict to repair your body. It may take months of eating healthy to repair your body.

I also know that sugar/carbs made my situation worse. Spend a few months eating perfect, no sugar, reduce your stress and see what happens. Nearly every cardiologist says things that raise cortisol are to blame…like sugar, smoking, stress, etc.

have stooped sugar, mostly keto /carnivore, BF% id guess 16%, starting cardio got a 10 min mile time after not running for 13 years! Mine started in the middle of dietary changes though so not sure what to make of it..

maybe electrolyte imbalance from sudden going to carnivore/keto?

melatonin at night, ya prolly less than 2k cals

Charliebizz

I stopped eating sugar
I follow a nutritional keto diet
I consume no more than 2000 calories per day
I got under 15% body fat
I got my T levels in range, not above range
I got more sleep

Yeah I don’t believe the cause is from trt or the cure from it. But I don’t think the hormonal swings help. I have periods of time where I might get one a day to a few a day but mine are pretty mild now I had a point where I was getting them all day long. I always check out fine dr assured me I’m good. My mother and sister get them a lot. And my father never dose so who really knows.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me