Heart Attack Today: Need Studies to Show Testosterone is Safe

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Sorry, it was just a stupid joke.

White men who work out at least seven-and-a-half hours a week are nearly twice as likely to suffer from heart disease than those who do a moderate amount, a new study shows.

Researchers in Chicago assessed exercise patterns over the course of 25 years and made the surprising discovery that very active white men are 86 percent more likely to experience a buildup of plaque in the heart arteries by middle age.

But this didn't apply to black men, they discovered.

Too much exercise can kill you if you're a white man | Daily Mail Online

DragonBits

White men who work out at least seven-and-a-half hours a week are nearly twice as likely to suffer from heart disease than those who do a moderate amount, a new study shows.

Researchers in Chicago assessed exercise patterns over the course of 25 years and made the surprising discovery that very active white men are 86 percent more likely to experience a buildup of plaque in the heart arteries by middle age.

But this didn't apply to black men, they discovered.

Too much exercise can kill you if you're a white man | Daily Mail Online

When I read one of the other news stories with more details, it said:

"Vigorous-intensity activities include running, biking, swimming, exercise or dance classes, and strenuous sports."

It sounds like they are taking mainly cardio that lifts your heart rate up quite a bit. Or HIIT / crossfit could also do it.

One advantage of using the gym, I get a log in history. I tend to over estimate how much exercise I am getting unless I look.

I know I spend about 2 hours at the gym, but this includes about 45 min that I am not exercising. If I do cardio, it's not longer than an hour, though I often hit 96% of my peak heart rate. Almost all the time I go 15 times a month, or 3.75 times a week, or maybe 280 min a week.

If the weather is good, I bike. Typically I bike an hour, but not every day, so maybe 0-5 times a week. I keep a yearly track of mileage, but this bike I only got late last year and only have 632 miles on it. Which at 12 mph is about 52 hours.

I know i don't typically do 450 mins a week even if it feels like it.

mooseman109

I think when people hear of someone of a similar age that has a sudden health problem, like a heart attack, we look for reasons that happened. Because we want to think it's not going to happen to us because we have some protocol that avoids this problem or we can take an action that avoids it. Like we exercise a lot, or our lipids are better, something we can do to avoid this problem.

Sometimes shit just happens, there aren't a lot of good reasons.

DragonBits, I think you just described about every male on the planet there!. We all hide and justify. I did with my dad’s heart. He wqs overweight and ate horribly and eventually died from dinking his liver to death. So I assumed his heart health was truly that and not something that would pass to me, as there is no other chronic heart issues in lineage. Fact is, it happened even with me being pretty good at diet and real good on exercise. Cowboy up and eyes forward!

DragonBits

DragonBits, I think you just described about every male on the planet there!. We all hide and justify. I did with my dad’s heart. He wqs overweight and ate horribly and eventually died from dinking his liver to death. So I assumed his heart health was truly that and not something that would pass to me, as there is no other chronic heart issues in lineage. Fact is, it happened even with me being pretty good at diet and real good on exercise. Cowboy up and eyes forward!

I was thinking of this episode of the TV program Frasier. It's right on point here.

Death Becomes Him

Frasier becomes obsessed with his own mortality after a doctor his own age dies of a sudden heart attack. He begins making plans for his own funeral, and trying to discover how the man died.

"Frasier" Death Becomes Him (TV Episode 1993) - IMDb

After I saw that program, I became more aware of how when someone of similar age has a sudden health problem, other people tend to want to find out what they did "wrong" to cause it or what indications there were that could have predicted it. It's really not concern about the other person, people are concerned about their own mortality.

Such as, when I asked you if you had ever had a calcium heart scan, I was also curious if that would have shown the blockage in your heart artery. Since I did have the CAC test and got a score of 79, not bad but does indicate some plague, i was wondering if you had also had that test?

In any care, my dad had a quadruple bypass and lived another 20 years after that, even though he was a frequent smoker. You should do much better.

take care and wish you good health

CROM

I would urge everyone in their 40's or order to get a calcium heart scan done.

Heart scan (coronary calcium scan) - Mayo Clinic

Mooseman, your post has prompted me to use my script I got from my Dr last year and get it done. I was prompted last year when someone I know who is fit as a fiddle had one done and was rushed in for a stint because he had severe blockage in the same artery. I have sat on it for almost a year because I didn't have time to get it done. :-/

The test is under $100 out of pocket.

My doctor said that CT scan with calcium scoring does not show soft plaque which is the real killer.

CROM

So i had a heart attack while on tread mill this morning. Fortunately gym is attached to hospital. Got to er straight i to cath lab. 100% occlusion of left descending anterior artery, the widow maker. They got a stent in. Will test tomorrow with an echo for downstream damage to muscle.
Cardiologist, as typical is pushing to come off Test. Citing studies. I am not up for searching as i am wiped out. Does anybody have a proper study proving it is not bad
Brent

Glad you are OK. I was working out next to a guy 5 feet from me last month who was dead from a heart attack for 10 minutes before I realized it. He was sitting in one of those ab chairs. He was old so I thought he took a nap.

My dad died from a heart attack and my brother survived the widow maker...none of them used TRT but they were both obese. Lifestyle, genetics, diet, age and luck play the biggest role, I think. What was your HCT normally? Was it normally high on TRT?

I asked my doc if I could have calcium heart scan since I’ve genetically high lipids which I can not manage by diet and exercise well only to certain point. I’ve on statins for 20 years by now I can’t stop taking them because my liver is a cholesterol factory. By that I thought I had a justification for a scan but my doc disagreed meaning there is a cost and benefit issue in most of these cases.

mooseman109

Glad you are OK. I was working out next to a guy 5 feet from me last month who was dead from a heart attack for 10 minutes before I realized it. He was sitting in one of those ab chairs. He was old so I thought he took a nap.

My dad died from a heart attack and my brother survived the widow maker...none of them used TRT but they were both obese. Lifestyle, genetics, diet, age and luck play the biggest role, I think. What was your HCT normally? Was it normally high on TRT?

CROM, my hct has been high since forever. Prior to trt it was running 50-51. Since trt i have to manage it with donations to keep it 52-53. I have seen two hematologist to get cleared of differetn mylomas and other things

captain

Hard to keep your HCT down after TRT could be from sleep apnea. After a heart attack it would be important to know if you have it.

Vince

Super Moderator
My doctor said that CT scan with calcium scoring does not show soft plaque which is the real killer.
Yes your doctor is right. It takes one year for soft plaque to become stable plaque. Uncontrol plaque can grow at 30% a year that's why it's important to know how much you have. You can then do the right things to keep it under control.

wsj357

Check out Russ Scala on YouTube and find his research and books.

Guys got some great knowledge about trt and how it benefits the heart. He has a paper out there somewhere that you should find.

mooseman109

It is three weeks post MI and stent. I ma just st starting to get some energy back. Started cardia rehab last week, 45 minute treadmill all hooked up 3 days a week.
Crestor and doet over last three weeks has brought my total cholesterol down to 91 (100-199) and ldl to 38. Hdl still only 40. No sides from crestor thankfully
I called defy to i form them and they told me to cease trt until cardisent them a letter saying it was ok to resume. So I figured that I would be looking for another trt clinic! But no, my cardiologist sent them a letter saying I could resume!!. What! Can you believe it. Should have bought a lotto ticket that day.

CSI007

Had my calcium heart score done and received the results the same day. Doctor email me and said I scored a perfect score of 0%. The test results say I am at a very low risk of heart disease at this time.

CoastWatcher

It is three weeks post MI and stent. I ma just st starting to get some energy back. Started cardia rehab last week, 45 minute treadmill all hooked up 3 days a week.
Crestor and doet over last three weeks has brought my total cholesterol down to 91 (100-199) and ldl to 38. Hdl still only 40. No sides from crestor thankfully
I called defy to i form them and they told me to cease trt until cardisent them a letter saying it was ok to resume. So I figured that I would be looking for another trt clinic! But no, my cardiologist sent them a letter saying I could resume!!. What! Can you believe it. Should have bought a lotto ticket that day.
Wishing you the best as things unfold...

CSI007

Hard Plaque vs. Soft Plaque.

"The notion that soft plaque is more likely to rupture and cause heart attacks than hard calcium deposits in coronary arteries may be wrong, according to the new study that was presented at the American College of Cardiology Scientific Sessions in Washington D.C. on March 18. "

Major Study of Atherosclerotic Plaque Deposits Shows Potential Breakthrough in Determining Risk for Heart Attacks | Intermountain Healthcare

Seems that new studies show that calcified plaque is still the greater risk factor. I have no clue one way or another myself. So many things that are out there that could kill ya!

DragonBits

Hard Plaque vs. Soft Plaque.

Seems that new studies show that calcified plaque is still the greater risk factor. I have no clue one way or another myself. So many things that are out there that could kill ya!

I tell you one thing with 100% certainty, one of those things will eventually kill all of us.

mooseman109

Almost 6 weeks post MI. I have been doing cardiac rehab, exercise while hooked up to ekg and BP. Been getting better. Today indid intervals on treadmill 6 mph for 3 minutes and 4 mph for trhee minutes. I had more in tank. No pvc or pac. Stayed under 81% max heart rate. Getting stronger

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me