HCG Not Boosting LH?

Buy Lab Tests Online

mjones104

Hi everyone, I've been on a weekly protocol of 80mg test E (40 mg 2x per week) + 1,000 IU HCG (500 IU 2x per week) for about 12 months. I've done bloodwork twice in the last few months and surprised to still see my LH/FSH levels at basically 0. The key blood levels were as follows (generally quite high free T and E levels):

Test 1 (result | reference range):
Total T: 27.7 nmol/L | 7.6 - 31.4 --> in range
Free T: 787 pmol/L | 160 - 699 --> above range
E2: 177 pmol/L | <159 --> above range
LH: <0.5 IU/L | 1.3 - 9.6 --> below range
FSH: <1 IU/L | 1 - 16 --> below range

Test 2 (result | reference range):
Total T: 25.5 nmol/L | 7.6 - 31.4 --> in range
Free T: 688 pmol/L | 160 - 699 --> in range
E2: 195 pmol/L | <159 --> above range
LH: <0.5 IU/L | 1.3 - 9.6 --> below range
FSH: <1 IU/L | 1 - 16 --> below range

At the outset I spoke with my TRT doc about the importance of maintaining fertility as I'm only 30 years old - this is why he included HCG in the protocol. I have a follow-up appointment this week but would like to get prepared. Questions I'm wondering are:

1) Isn't it safe to assume at this LH level I would be infertile?
2) Assuming I'm correct on 1, what do you guys think would be best move for boosting LH? Could simply lowering the T dose help or do I need to also increase HCG? I'm considering lowering the T dose slightly anyways since I've noticed some high E2 emotional sides (especially more recently - which is consistent with this latest high E2 number)

Any help is appreciated

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

HCG does not boost LH, it replaces it in signaling your testes to produce testosterone and sperm despite the testosterone you are injecting, so you are not infertile.

While on TRT, your LH and FSH will remain suppressed because your body senses the external testosterone and thinks it doesn't need to produce it in the testes. HCG overrides that by replacing the signal from LH.

Systemlord

Isn't it safe to assume at this LH level I would be infertile?
No, tons of men on steroids (AAS) and having kids without hCG. One way to find out is a sperm analysis.
what do you guys think would be best move for boosting LH?
Stop TRT and hcG. and go on a clomid protocol which boosts LH, however you may feel like s*** or feel the same as you did when you had low-T even with boosted LH, testosterone and estrogen.

This is pretty much what guys have been doing for decades, get on, get pregnant, get off.

Last edited:

mjones104

HCG does not boost LH, it replaces it in signaling your testes to produce testosterone and sperm despite the testosterone you are injecting, so you are not infertile.

While on TRT, your LH and FSH will remain suppressed because your body senses the external testosterone and thinks it doesn't need to produce it in the testes. HCG overrides that by replacing the signal from LH.
Thank you for the clarification

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching