HCG Mono - Not the Results I Was Expecting

Buy Lab Tests Online

brendangaz

37M here, looking for advice on what to do next. Brief history follows. I have had low T for several years now, former opioid addict and Urologist thinks secondary hypogonadism based on LH & FSH). I tried HPTA restart a few years back with Clomid which brought total T from about 160 ng/dL to 250 ng/dL. Fast forward to last September, when I decided to try HCG monotherapy. Dosing has been 500IU EOD. I felt AWESOME on HCG after about a week for 1-2 weeks, then pretty much back to baseline prior to HCG. Here are my labs prior to starting HCG last September:

Free T: 52.6 pg/mL (35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL)
Total T: 273 ng/dL (250 - 1100 ng/dL)
Estradiol: 16 pg/mL (7 - 50 pg/mL)
SHBG: 21nmol/L (10 - 50 nmol/L)

Here are my labs from earlier this week after ~4 months on HCG:
Free T: 14.6 pg/mL (8.7 - 25. pg/mL)
Total T: 324 ng/dL (264 - 916 ng/dL)
Estradiol: 14.7 pg/mL (7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL)
SHBG: 23 nmol/L (16.5 - 55.9 nmol/L)

Just feeling frustrated, and not sure where to go from here. Was trying to avoid TRT due to long-term nature and potential sides. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

If you've tried both the Clomid route and the hCG mono route the only thing left is TRT.
I'm not sure why you want to avoid long-term TRT at this point??
The benefits simply far outweigh the cons IMO.

You can always try topicals if you don't want to start with injections, but at this point it looks like it's necessary in order for you to optimize your health which will drastically affect the rest of your life.

brendangaz

Thanks, Sean. I think my biggest concern with TRT is how it will affect my heart. I have a family history of early heart disease (Dad passed and 63 and Dad's Dad at 66). I've got kids, so I want to be around for a while yet.

StepbyStep

You have room to move up with the HCG. What brand of HCG are you using?

FWIW, I had to do 1000iu EOD to get to 600 TT. Everybody reponds differently, but the results are not terribly encouraging.

brendangaz

StepbyStep, thanks for your reply. I get my HCG from a local compounding pharmacy. I thought even 500iu EOD was heavy, and was afraid my E2 would spike, but it actually came down.

StepbyStep

Are you using health insurance to get the HCG? If so, try Pregnyl. Recently another member brought to my attention that one brand of HCG did not work nearly as well for him as Pregnyl did with labs to prove it.

Are you injecting subq or IM? I found that my results on HCG mono improved when injecting IM.

I would increase your dosage and try IM if you're not.

brendangaz

Are you using health insurance to get the HCG? If so, try Pregnyl. Recently another member brought to my attention that one brand of HCG did not work nearly as well for him as Pregnyl did with labs to prove it.

Are you injecting subq or IM? I found that my results on HCG mono improved when injecting IM.

I would increase your dosage and try IM if you're not.
I am using health insurance, will ask doc to prescribe Pregnyl and increase dosing. What gauge needle should I try for IM? Thanks.

StepbyStep

I transitioned from HCG mono to HCG/Test, and as of now I have quit TRT and am attempting a restart.

Your levels should go back to baseline after stopping HCG.

37M here, looking for advice on what to do next. Brief history follows. I have had low T for several years now, former opioid addict and Urologist thinks secondary hypogonadism based on LH & FSH). I tried HPTA restart a few years back with Clomid which brought total T from about 160 ng/dL to 250 ng/dL. Fast forward to last September, when I decided to try HCG monotherapy. Dosing has been 500IU EOD. I felt AWESOME on HCG after about a week for 1-2 weeks, then pretty much back to baseline prior to HCG. Here are my labs prior to starting HCG last September:

Free T: 52.6 pg/mL (35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL)
Total T: 273 ng/dL (250 - 1100 ng/dL)
Estradiol: 16 pg/mL (7 - 50 pg/mL)
SHBG: 21nmol/L (10 - 50 nmol/L)

Here are my labs from earlier this week after ~4 months on HCG:
Free T: 14.6 pg/mL (8.7 - 25. pg/mL)
Total T: 324 ng/dL (264 - 916 ng/dL)
Estradiol: 14.7 pg/mL (7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL)
SHBG: 23 nmol/L (16.5 - 55.9 nmol/L)

Just feeling frustrated, and not sure where to go from here. Was trying to avoid TRT due to long-term nature and potential sides. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Why omit your LH/FHS numbers here? For a part of the reason Clomid and HCG mono fails in guys is that they are PRIMARY, not secondary. When the testes are the problem, no amount of stimulation with either of those is going to make much of a difference. Most any and every guy that suffers low T is going to be primary.

Too you need to start using the same lab and the same tests, the lab ranges are all over the place and you can't compare those side-by-side such as youre trying to do.

brendangaz

Why omit your LH/FHS numbers here? For a part of the reason Clomid and HCG mono fails in guys is that they are PRIMARY, not secondary. When the testes are the problem, no amount of stimulation with either of those is going to make much of a difference. Most any and every guy that suffers low T is going to be primary.

Too you need to start using the same lab and the same tests, the lab ranges are all over the place and you can't compare those side-by-side such as youre trying to do.
Thanks, Vince. Urologist didn't test LH/FSH.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me