HCG dosage for bringing testicle size back

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kimpe

I've been searching for info regarding HCG dosing, but it seems to be really mixed so I'm asking for opinions/knowledge/links to research/etc.

My trt doc prescribed hcg to bring my balls back to life, since I'm looking to quit trt.
My dr told me to take 5000iu 2x/week.
Apparently it takes big doses to have an impact that's big enough.

Anyways I've always though that huge doses are supposed to be useless, and could even desensitize ledying cells or something.
Is there any actual research to back that up??
I've seen studies where they actually used big doses to elevate testosterone.
Still even dividing it to 2500iu EOD would sound more sensible to me but idk since I'm no doctor.

So what I'm asking is, does anyone have any actual data suggesting that high doses could cause harm?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Research has shown that 300 IU hCG EOD brings intratesticular testosterone to normal levels, so that's a good reference point. Anecdotally guys on TRT report maintaining testicular volume with 250 IU twice a week. The Leydig desensitization issue probably isn't real, but there are other issues with taking too much. HCG greatly stimulates aromatization in Leydig cells, so estradiol can easily get to be a problem. In addition, after peak testosterone production, higher doses of hCG actually cause reduced production and lower levels. Even if coming off TRT I don't think I would exceed 1,000 IU EOD, a position that has some support in this paper.

Kimpe

Research has shown that 300 IU hCG EOD brings intratesticular testosterone to normal levels, so that's a good reference point. Anecdotally guys on TRT report maintaining testicular volume with 250 IU twice a week. The Leydig desensitization issue probably isn't real, but there are other issues with taking too much. HCG greatly stimulates aromatization in Leydig cells, so estradiol can easily get to be a problem. In addition, after peak testosterone production, higher doses of hCG actually cause reduced production and lower levels. Even if coming off TRT I don't think I would exceed 1,000 IU EOD, a position that has some support in this paper.
Thanks for this.
Im suspecting estrogen is starting to be elevated, since my blood pressure and resting heart rate are up. I'm also getting lethargy.
Got bloods today so interested to see what they show.
My dr also didn't advice me on when to quit the testosterone gel.
I've been on hcg for just 1,5 weeks, so to my understanding it's too early still.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks for this.
Im suspecting estrogen is starting to be elevated, since my blood pressure and resting heart rate are up. I'm also getting lethargy.
Got bloods today so interested to see what they show.
My dr also didn't advice me on when to quit the testosterone gel.
I've been on hcg for just 1,5 weeks, so to my understanding it's too early still.
It does take some weeks at a minimum for reversal of testicular atrophy. Testicular volume and testosterone measurements should give some idea of your progress.

I also found this study, where they also used 5000iu 2x/week, so I guess it's not so crazy protocol after all.
It's quite common to see large doses used in studies because they want to be sure to get an effect. Just because there's precedent for a protocol doesn't mean it's optimal. The preferred approach to hormonal manipulation is low and slow—start with doses on the lower side, then slowly increase if needed.

Ardoc2

BACKGROUND: I had been taking HCG at 350iu, 3x week for years without issue and experienced all the typical benefits but somehow became very sensitive to it. Several months ago i started to feel terrible and i wasn't sure why, but after stopping and restarting HCG a couple times I am now confident that the HCG was causing me the issues (anxiety, emotional exaggeration etc). I stopped for a few months and have experienced significant testicle shrinkage as well as a little less feeling of overall well being compared to my original experience with HCG.

NEW PROTOCOL: So, 1 week ago I started taking 50iu/day (with my daily Test Enanthate) and I have already started to notice an increase in size. It truly seems too quick to be true but its pretty clear there was an increase... could it be attributed to something else? Maybe I have become a hyper-responder?
I will chime back in as my experience evolves. I'm hopeful at this low daily dose i will get some of the benefit without the down side.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been searching for info regarding HCG dosing, but it seems to be really mixed so I'm asking for opinions/knowledge/links to research/etc.

My trt doc prescribed hcg to bring my balls back to life, since I'm looking to quit trt.
My dr told me to take 5000iu 2x/week.
Apparently it takes big doses to have an impact that's big enough.

Anyways I've always though that huge doses are supposed to be useless, and could even desensitize ledying cells or something.
Is there any actual research to back that up??
I've seen studies where they actually used big doses to elevate testosterone.
Still even dividing it to 2500iu EOD would sound more sensible to me but idk since I'm no doctor.

So what I'm asking is, does anyone have any actual data suggesting that high doses could cause harm?
For a restart, that amount will be fine. It’s not like you’re doing it long term, your just using it for a restart. What’s your total restart protocol?

Kimpe

For a restart, that amount will be fine. It’s not like you’re doing it long term, your just using it for a restart. What’s your total restart protocol?
Thanks.
It was gonna be hcg for as long as 3 months, but now I've noticed my dr prescribed too few amps of hcg.
My pct protocol will now be 2500iu Mon/Wed/Fri at first, bloods done after a month and we'll see how it goes from there. Probably tamoxifen 20mg/d after that, for 2months.

Tman

BACKGROUND: I had been taking HCG at 350iu, 3x week for years without issue and experienced all the typical benefits but somehow became very sensitive to it. Several months ago i started to feel terrible and i wasn't sure why, but after stopping and restarting HCG a couple times I am now confident that the HCG was causing me the issues (anxiety, emotional exaggeration etc). I stopped for a few months and have experienced significant testicle shrinkage as well as a little less feeling of overall well being compared to my original experience with HCG.

NEW PROTOCOL: So, 1 week ago I started taking 50iu/day (with my daily Test Enanthate) and I have already started to notice an increase in size. It truly seems too quick to be true but its pretty clear there was an increase... could it be attributed to something else? Maybe I have become a hyper-responder?
I will chime back in as my experience evolves. I'm hopeful at this low daily dose i will get some of the benefit without the down side.

Let us know how it goes. I had similar experiences with HCG, so I always stop taking it. I was thinking about microdosing it each day like I do my TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks.
It was gonna be hcg for as long as 3 months, but now I've noticed my dr prescribed too few amps of hcg.
My pct protocol will now be 2500iu Mon/Wed/Fri at first, bloods done after a month and we'll see how it goes from there. Probably tamoxifen 20mg/d after that, for 2months.
Sounds like a decent protocol. I hope you get the results you’re looking for. Good luck my friend.

Kimpe

Sounds like a decent protocol. I hope you get the results you’re looking for. Good luck my friend.
Thank you brother.
Ps. I actually found out that they just calculated the amount of hcg wrong in the pharmacy, so I do have enough after all. I'll be trying the 5000iu 2x/week which my dr prescribed to me.
Hopefully my estrogen won't skyrocket.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching