HCG discontinued (NOT) in the UK. Now what?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cenamar

Every country (or for europe the entire EU) has different regulations to brands etc so you need to keep up to date on what your country allows.

Does anyone knows how many IU is withing a prefilled syringe - Ovitrelle 250ug/0,5ml. That´s my only option at this moment at a cost of 38€

Does anyone knows how many IU is withing a prefilled syringe - Ovitrelle 250ug/0,5ml. That´s my only option at this moment at a cost of 38€

I answered that above:

6500 IUs -> 0.50ml (Full contents of an Ovitrelle syringe)

So you can dose like (by looking at the mililiter bars of the insulin syringe):
650 IUs -> 0.05ml
520 IUs -> 0.04ml
390 IUs -> 0.03ml <-- what I am trying to inject now (but it's easy to throw 0.04ml+ if you are not careful)

The 6500 IUs for 0.50ml of Ovitrelle is the most reasonable amount I found in my research, which corresponds with seemingly legit sources like this:
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2806
Each pre-filled pen contains 250 micrograms choriogonadotropin alfa* (equivalent to approximately 6,500 IU).

Stupid question but I just want to be sure I´m getting it right. So in order to inject 390IU it should be only 3 bars on a 1ml syringe correct? That must be tricky to be exact. I´ll try anyway

Stupid question but I just want to be sure I´m getting it right. So in order to inject 390IU it should be only 3 bars on a 1ml syringe correct? That must be tricky to be exact. I´ll try anyway

Correct. What I am doing is that I place resistance with my index and thumb finger of one hand while the other pushes down, that way you get a lot more precision. I am now experimenting with only 2 bars (260IUs) MWF in an attempt to see where my E2 levels will end up -trying to ditch Anastrozol :)-

OMI100

I've read this forum from time to time over the years, but this is my first time posting here.
I'd value your thoughts on my little problem.

I have secondary hypo and my baseline testosterone was last measured at a whopping 239 ng/dl!!! Cut a long story short, everything else is in good order. Thyroid, weight, sleep etc etc.
I was put on a low dose of HCG because I am quite young and want to maintain my fertility. The HCG worked like a charm for the last couple of years. The problem is that HCG/Pregnyl has been discontinued in the UK, so I am not on anything at the moment.

With my doctor, we tried low dose Clomid but that gave me sore bloodshot eyes so we quickly abandoned that plan.
We then tried anastrozole. Problem is I already have very low estradiol, so although the anastrozole nicely increased my testosterone, my estradiol stayed too low and I got clicking joints and grumpy mood and so on.

So now I am asking myself "what next"?

I was thinking about a combination of Testim and anastrozole. I wondered if that combination would keep my fertility without driving my estradiol into the deck? It would be a fine balancing act if it worked at all.

Any other ideas?

My next doctors appointment is later this week and I was hoping to have a few ideas in place in case my doctor couldn't pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Can not tell how much research you have done on TRT.
If not a lot I recommend you get a few books.
Get a few good books and educate yourself now:
1. Get Nelsons book "Testosterone: A Mans Guide".
2. Get Lee Myer's book "Natural Versus Testosterone Therapy".
3. Get Testosterone for life - Dr.. Abraham Morgentaller .
4. Get The Definitive Testosterone Replacement Therapy MANual: How to Optimize Your Testosterone For Lifelong Health And Happiness by Jay Campbell.
These books will give you a much better understanding of TRT....
One other form that has great info that might be useful to you is:
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/

I just want to inform that I´m very about the Ovitrelle balls bigger than on Pregnyl lol. And you just need to inject very tiny dose after filling up the syring I just draw 3 bars (draw is easier than pusching).
Thx again IronKnight for your great info! The only thing I do differently, I draw from the other syring and that far easier to control the dosaged than pusching.

FOX1

I ran into the same problem so here's my 2cents:
Pregnyl appears to be no longer available in most European countries. However, you can still get HCG via Ovitrelle, which seems to be available without issues in the UK as well:
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/14386
https://www.oxfordonlinepharmacy.co...dicines/ovitrelle-0-5ml-250mcg-pre-filled-pen

This is a bit messier than the cool vials US people have, what I do is this:
1) I put the contents of the Ovitrelle syringe into a 1ml insulin syringe
2) When I inject my T, I put a few drops from the Ovitrelle syringe (which I keep in the fridge) into the T syringe (which I typically prefill at room temperature, this is the one I inject into myself). When I do this, I need to use both hands and carefully look at the numbers of the syringe as it is easy to use too much HCG:

6500 IUs -> 0.50ml (Full contents of an Ovitrelle syringe)
650 IUs -> 0.05ml
520 IUs -> 0.04ml
390 IUs -> 0.03ml <-- what I am trying to inject now (but it's easy to throw 0.04ml+ if you are not careful)

Bottom line: Pregnyl is gone, HCG is still available via Ovitrelle. This seems commonly prescribed for women trying to conceive, so I don't think it will be gone from Europe any time soon.

HCG is available in UK or indeed it was 6 months ago when I questioned this with my Urologist
however;
He was not prepared to prescribe both, he said if I was coming off TRT he would consider it, but not at same time as TRT.
He also said my TRT was working well, infact he said "very well", why upset the balance?

BuzzSaw

I just want to inform that I´m very about the Ovitrelle balls bigger than on Pregnyl lol. And you just need to inject very tiny dose after filling up the syring I just draw 3 bars (draw is easier than pusching).
Thx again IronKnight for your great info! The only thing I do differently, I draw from the other syring and that far easier to control the dosaged than pusching.

Excellent! Although you need less, is it more expensive than the old Pregnyl? Used to feel a bit off on Pregnyl, so maybe the new stuff is better (I hope).

flatdanny

You can get Gonasi HCG from fertility2u with a UK prescription... They stopped selling Pregnyl a while back but Gonasi is just as good. Both my wife and myself have used it and it’s good to go

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me