HCG and/or Pregnenolone Effect on Cholesterol

Buy Lab Tests Online

DixieWrecked

First time post! Thanks for the great forum. I've learned a ton.

Along with my own TRT journey and analysis of my own families health concerns I began to speculate that the reason my father's (and mine) cholesterol is "genetically" high is because his hormone levels are low. I then ran across this article linked below that details how the liver will produce more cholesterol to try to create more pregnenolone in order to make which ever hormones are lacking. This mechanism is similar to how asluggish Thyroid can cause high TSH.

The Question: Does anyone have labs that shows lower cholesterol levels from pregnenolone supplementation?

Treating High Cholesterol by Replacing Hormones - page 1

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vtail

No info on Pregnenolone but after about 4 months on T3 supplementation all my cholesterol numbers dropped by about 20% (chol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides). I was able to discontinue Lipitor and everything is still within range.

DixieWrecked

No info on Pregnenolone but after about 4 months on T3 supplementation all my cholesterol numbers dropped by about 20% (chol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides). I was able to discontinue Lipitor and everything is still within range.

wow man that is awesome!!!! congratulations.

Vince

Super Moderator
Can you post your labs.

Vtail

Pre T3 with 5 mg Lipitor daily:

1566742978202.png

1566742996863.png

After a couple months on 30 mcg with 5 mg Lipitor:

1566743055036.png

1566743072584.png

Then retested lipids after a couple of months after stopping Lipitor and increased T3 to 40 mcg/day:

1566743120137.png

1566743224007.png

My cholesterol values did not move after being on TRT for a while. It was the T3 that had a positive influence. My bloods are draws 3-4 hours after taking T3, hence the high value above. I take the extended release version of T3 from Empower. I plan on started pregnenolone soon and will report any further changes in cholesterol. I'm told it may help with sleep, which is my primary reason for trying it.

Gman86

Very impressed with how you documented this all. Really appreciate you posting these results. I’m very surprised that your TSH hasn’t budged, and the T3 has not suppressed your natural thyroid production. So both blood tests while on T3 were done the exact amount of hours after taking your last dose of T3? Do you know why your free T3 jumped up so much on the last test? It’s surprising that a 10mcg increase in your dose made your free T3 jump up so much. What’s your current plan in regards to your T3 dosing?

Vtail

So both blood tests while on T3 were done the exact amount of hours after taking your last dose of T3? Do you know why your free T3 jumped up so much on the last test? It’s surprising that a 10mcg increase in your dose made your free T3 jump up so much. What’s your current plan in regards to your T3 dosing?

Yes - blood draws both 3-4 hours after taking T3. I recently reduced the dose of T3, as I was feeling a little overmedicated. Not sure if it was all in my head after seeing the latest labs, but I found I had a pounding heartbeat and was more easily stressed by things that would normally not bother me. Sleeping seems to have gotten a little better too with the dose reduction. We'll see what the next set of labs says, but as long as I feel good I'm not going to chase the numbers.
Reducing the dose while on the extended release T3 is a problem because the capsules are what they are, and it takes over a week to get more from Empower. And then again you're stuck with whatever dosage you get. For that reason alone I think I will switch to the quick release version of thyroid meds.

DixieWrecked

I recently read that lecithin has lowered total cholesterol by more than 40% while increasing HDL at the same time. I started taking it a couple months ago. I'm eager to get my bloodwork and see where my cholesterol sits now.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me