Have you personally been affected by the novel coronavirus?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

airborne1113

Up to this point, it hasn't affected me too much. I am very concerned about my parents, both are 87 years old. I still visit them and help them out, but no more hugging. :-( I'm still working full-time. I'm still hugging my grandkids, maybe I shouldn't.
Yes I had it took all the steps to protect myself asa nurse that being said my family didn’t catch it from me at the time didn’t isolate I’m missing a lung and has endocrine issues as well as over weight and I did survived and worked the whole time become at the to no one knew what it was

Up to this point, it hasn't affected me too much. I am very concerned about my parents, both are 87 years old. I still visit them and help them out, but no more hugging. :-( I'm still working full-time. I'm still hugging my grandkids, maybe I shouldn't.

Yes. I'm a critical care nurse.

I take care of these patients, hands on, at the bedside on an almost daily basis.

By the time they get to my ICU, they are in very bad shape:

- intubated,
- crashing,
- on multiple vasopressors to maintain an adequate blood pressure,
- etc.

I've watched a 30 year old, otherwise healthy man, go from slight respiratory distress to needing emergent intubation, then continue to decline until we were doing CPR.

He didn't make it.

He was a new father with 3 week old baby at home. It breaks my heart.

Brings tears to my eyes writing this.

This virus is no joke.

Stay safe everyone.

Taking out nursing home deaths, the IFR is .1%. Including nursing homes it is .26%.

I know of 3 people personally (one was a HS friend with a small business and engaged to be married this July) who have committed suicide from having their small business shut down. Another friend who is a police officer said he had 7 suicide runs in one shift and more in the same 24 hour period. Domestic violence has sky rocketed, child abuse...

Zero logic. Daycares can stay open, but playgrounds are closed? Here in CO marijuana was illegal 5 years ago. Now it's an essential business that can remain open. Liquor stores are open. Since when has alcohol been a necessity for living?

Walmart is open, but churches are closed?

You can go on a blind date on Tinder or Grindr, but you can't take your wife out?

WTF are you guys on? This site was a godsend when I needed help, but the common sense I am seeing is pathetic. What are we France? Since when have Americans been afraid of the boogey man? During the Spanish Flu pandemic men were literally falling over dead in line trying to sign up for the military and they would drag the bodies away. Now I see people that won't even open their home windows and wear masks in their cars with the windows rolled up.

Would I knowingly have sex with someone with HIV? What a stupid question not worth an answer.

Just because they have speed limits and stop signs doesn't equate to forcing me to stop driving. That's equivalent to "wash your hands after using the restroom". They are things we have in place logically.

What happens when it mutates and comes back as a different strain next year? Shut the country down again? Do we start shutting down the country every year now?

If you feel like being a sheep, by all means. But this country was built on the courage of those who take risks including their own health and lives. If you are scared, then stay home and if you get it, don't blame those who are "risking" their own health to keep things moving along.

66% of those going into NY hospitals with the virus were staying at home and self isolating. The idiots in charge are wondering how they got it? Really?

Trust me alcohol is a necessity. We get patients all the time who come in for some random reason and 3 days later start withdrawing from alcohol.

Alcohol withdrawal can kill you. I've seen it.

If liquor stores shut down, our hospitals would be filled to the brim with these cases.

And let's not forget we are in the middle of a covid pandemic...

Might want to save a couple of rooms for those guys too.

Jinzang

When Covid-19 came along, most countries and states within the US responded by locking down everything as tightly as possible. It seems with the benefit of hindisght some of these measures were counterproductive. Among these I think are banning elective medical procedures and closing grade schools. This is why I am in favor of having different states institute different lockdown policies so we can see what works and what doesn't. Although I don't see anyone having a look at this in a calm and rational way.

TucsonJJ

Yes. I'm a critical care nurse.

I take care of these patients, hands on, at the bedside on an almost daily basis.

By the time they get to my ICU, they are in very bad shape:

- intubated,
- crashing,
- on multiple vasopressors to maintain an adequate blood pressure,
- etc.

I've watched a 30 year old, otherwise healthy man, go from slight respiratory distress to needing emergent intubation, then continue to decline until we were doing CPR.

He didn't make it.

He was a new father with 3 week old baby at home. It breaks my heart.

Brings tears to my eyes writing this.

This virus is no joke.

Stay safe everyone.
I have read in several articles that high dose IV Vitamin C can be very effective in COVID cases... even advanced cases... has your hospital ever tried it?

I have read in several articles that high dose IV Vitamin C can be very effective in COVID cases... even advanced cases... has your hospital ever tried it?

We have, but honestly, it's hard to tell from the front lines what's working and what's not. There's nothing scientific about it.

Hard to see the totality of the forest from inside the forest. Know what I mean?

We're also using hydroxychloroquine.

DragonBits

When Covid-19 came along, most countries and states within the US responded by locking down everything as tightly as possible. It seems with the benefit of hindisght some of these measures were counterproductive. Among these I think are banning elective medical procedures and closing grade schools. This is why I am in favor of having different states institute different lockdown policies so we can see what works and what doesn't. Although I don't see anyone having a look at this in a calm and rational way.

Isn't that what we currently have, every state, and often every county, doing their own thing?

How is that working out?

It seems to guarantee we have hot spots where the policy is either non-existent or tends to generate more infection, which only spreads to those states that have an effective policy.

And does "what works best" matter at all if a large percentage of the population doesn't follow it?

IMO there is no way to control this WITHOUT a national policy, which doesn't mean someone in the outback of Alaska has to wear a mask, but a policy that accounts for many but not all individual situations.

It seems obvious to me that left to their own devices, a large percentage of the population will do stupid things, some only hurt themselves but some endanger all of us. Like the opioid crises, I am concerned but basically ok with people wanting to kill themselves with opioids. but if they are an airline pilot it's not OK.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching