Have you personally been affected by the novel coronavirus?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Up to this point, it hasn't affected me too much. I am very concerned about my parents, both are 87 years old. I still visit them and help them out, but no more hugging. :-( I'm still working full-time. I'm still hugging my grandkids, maybe I shouldn't.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I also have parents that age and will probably refrain from visiting them for some while, even though my risk is below average. Can you get your parents to use Skype or Facetime?

Vince

Super Moderator
I also have parents that age and will probably refrain from visiting them for some while, even though my risk is below average. Can you get your parents to use Skype or Facetime?
My parents don't have a smartphone or even a computer.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Makes me wonder if it's feasible to have a safe visit. Before entry you'd have to disinfect skin surfaces, put on clean shoes and clothes, maybe a skull cap, wear glasses and a respirator. The latter two would remind you not to touch your face. Probably not foolproof, but would reduce the odds of transmission.

DragonBits

Up to this point, it hasn't affected me too much. I am very concerned about my parents, both are 87 years old. I still visit them and help them out, but no more hugging. :-( I'm still working full-time. I'm still hugging my grandkids, maybe I shouldn't.

This has affected me in a lot of minor ways. I am in Illinois and they have a stay at home order. But i am retired and not working.

My mother is 93 and lives with us. She has a computer, but it's a moot point since she has dementia, it's to the degree that she often makes weird mistakes even when making a pot of coffee.

My wife works and her job is in telecom repair so it's considered critical. This is good and bad, since she does leave the house and works with others. She would rather collect unemployment and stay at home.

My gym and dog park have closed, that is expected but annoying.

On Tuesday I was able to buy 2 gallons of hand sanitizer, mostly for my wife as she is concerned about her work. Interesting to me, I went to the recreational cannabis store which in an industrial park, next to the store is a chemical supply company that had a folding ad on the grass that they had hand sanitizer. They are a wholesaler but offered this to the public however only those that might drive down that street would know about it.

On Thursday I went to the hospital to my ophthalmologist for a selective Laser Trabeculoplasty. They have shut down to only two entrances, critical care and general admittance. They take your temperature, name, give you a name tag to enter.

My doctor was wearing an N95 mask, he had one in his garage so it was a personal item. Most everyone like receptionist were wearing surgical masks. He thinks that it's unlikely they will call him to work general patients not related to eye health.

I see minor fight break out over parking places, bottled water, toilet paper, etc. Mostly just verbal fights. Now costco has changed their entrance exit and are counting heads to control the number of people who can be in the store at one time.

How you are affected is going to be state by state situation, and the situation will change daily in every state.

I am within 1.5 miles of 5 major grocery stores and within 5 miles there are at least 4 very large hospitals and many,many smaller medical offices.

I am more concerned about the knock on effects, such as a possible global depression.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
This has affected me in a lot of minor ways. I am in Illinois and they have a stay at home order. But i am retired and not working.

My mother is 93 and lives with us. She has a computer, but it's a moot point since she has dementia, it's to the degree that she often makes weird mistakes even when making a pot of coffee.

My wife works and her job is in telecom repair so it's considered critical. This is good and bad, since she does leave the house and works with others. She would rather collect unemployment and stay at home.

My gym and dog park have closed, that is expected but annoying.

On Tuesday I was able to buy 2 gallons of hand sanitizer, mostly for my wife as she is concerned about her work. Interesting to me, I went to the recreational cannabis store which in an industrial park, next to the store is a chemical supply company that had a folding ad on the grass that they had hand sanitizer. They are a wholesaler but offered this to the public however only those that might drive down that street would know about it.

On Thursday I went to the hospital to my ophthalmologist for a selective Laser Trabeculoplasty. They have shut down to only two entrances, critical care and general admittance. They take your temperature, name, give you a name tag to enter.

My doctor was wearing an N95 mask, he had one in his garage so it was a personal item. Most everyone like receptionist were wearing surgical masks. He thinks that it's unlikely they will call him to work general patients not related to eye health.

I see minor fight break out over parking places, bottled water, toilet paper, etc. Mostly just verbal fights. Now costco has changed their entrance exit and are counting heads to control the number of people who can be in the store at one time.

How you are affected is going to be state by state situation, and the situation will change daily in every state.

I am within 1.5 miles of 5 major grocery stores and within 5 miles there are at least 4 very large hospitals and many,many smaller medical offices.

I am more concerned about the knock on effects, such as a possible global depression.
Thanks DragonBits, nice post.

jdthoosier

My mother is in a nursing home which is locked down. I stay the hell away from places such as Costco, and only go to stores such as Fresh Thyme or Whole Foods that offers enforced "elderly" hours. Even though I'm WFH, I'm actually spending more $$$ because I'm ordering more take-out, gift certs, etc; from various local small merchants to try and help support them. I expect my company to start paring the workforce along with salary cuts to the remaining staff as our cash flow has been severely disrupted.

Blackhawk

Yes, it is affecting me. different context. I have leukemia, I am in treatment. My immune system is zero. I am that person who is immune "compromised" Actually currently immune destroyed. My bone marrow at time of biopsy around 4-5 weeks ago was 100% infiltrated by the leukemia cells, and hence bone marrow is incapable of producing any blood cells. I am still alive by virtue of blood and platelet transfusions, isolation and infection prevention. I had a hospital admission several weeks ago for 6 days of IV antibiotic treatment due to infection. I am on antiviral and antibiotic meds prophylactically.

I just got back from the hospital cancer clinic an hour ago after a double transfusion of red blood cells for anemia. Blood bank supplies are limited due to reduced donations and public blood drives because of CV. Last Wednesdays' transfusion they didn't have enough for me to get the amount I needed. As such today's HGB at 6.3 is the lowest level I have had the displeasure of having to deal with.

I have been in isolation since November. The only place I am forced to go is to the hospital and the clinic. Now Dr says even my wife has to use mask and gloves any time she is in a public place, and disinfect everything that is brought into our house to protect me. So the isolation part is not new, but her as a vector of coming into contact with CV is very real.

At the hospital, things have changed. They have shortages of basic PPE. Nurses are required to wear masks at all times, but are issued only one of the cheap surgical masks per day. These are normally supposed to be discarded after each patient!. The hospital has made big changes about who they even let through the door, visitors/companions are almost banned, and there is a check in desk where you must confirm you have reason to be there. Whereas public areas of the hospital used to have quite a few people hanging out, it is like a ghost town now. Since the hospital/clinic is the only place I go away from home where I could be infected by CV, it is a bit nerve wracking, but the blood disorder center is not where COVID patients would be brought for treatment.

And we got caught short on disinfecting supplies. I have enough surgical masks, but have only 1/2 bottle of isopropyl, and less than 1/2 box of alcohol prep pads for my injections. Hopefully we can score a gallon of bleach one of these days.

I am overdue for TRT/hormone labs for Dr Saya, but no way I am going to visit a Labcorp until either the COVID slacks off or I regain some of my immune system. You just have no idea of who is at a Labcorp and what they are carrying/being tested for.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, it is affecting me. different context. I have leukemia, I am in treatment. My immune system is zero. I am that person who is immune "compromised" Actually currently immune destroyed. My bone marrow at time of biopsy around 4-5 weeks ago was 100% infiltrated by the leukemia cells, and hence bone marrow is incapable of producing any blood cells. I am still alive by virtue of blood and platelet transfusions, isolation and infection prevention. I had a hospital admission several weeks ago for 6 days of IV antibiotic treatment due to infection. I am on antiviral and antibiotic meds prophylactically.

I just got back from the hospital cancer clinic an hour ago after a double transfusion of red blood cells for anemia. Blood bank supplies are limited due to reduced donations and public blood drives because of CV. Last Wednesdays' transfusion they didn't have enough for me to get the amount I needed. As such today's HGB at 6.3 is the lowest level I have had the displeasure of having to deal with.

I have been in isolation since November. The only place I am forced to go is to the hospital and the clinic. Now Dr says even my wife has to use mask and gloves any time she is in a public place, and disinfect everything that is brought into our house to protect me. So the isolation part is not new, but her as a vector of coming into contact with CV is very real.

At the hospital, things have changed. They have shortages of basic PPE. Nurses are required to wear masks at all times, but are issued only one of the cheap surgical masks per day. These are normally supposed to be discarded after each patient!. The hospital has made big changes about who they even let through the door, visitors/companions are almost banned, and there is a check in desk where you must confirm you have reason to be there. Whereas public areas of the hospital used to have quite a few people hanging out, it is like a ghost town now. Since the hospital/clinic is the only place I go away from home where I could be infected by CV, it is a bit nerve wracking, but the blood disorder center is not where COVID patients would be brought for treatment.

And we got caught short on disinfecting supplies. I have enough surgical masks, but have only 1/2 bottle of isopropyl, and less than 1/2 box of alcohol prep pads for my injections. Hopefully we can score a gallon of bleach one of these days.

I am overdue for TRT/hormone labs for Dr Saya, but no way I am going to visit a Labcorp until either the COVID slacks off or I regain some of my immune system. You just have no idea of who is at a Labcorp and what they are carrying/being tested for.
Sorry to hear all the struggles you going through. It must be very hard to go through all that. My prayers are with you my brother.

Blackhawk

Sorry to hear all the struggles you going through. It must be very hard to go through all that. My prayers are with you my brother.

Thanks Vince,

This all started for me before COVID, so I got some good practice avoiding infection, but COVID does add yet another layer of difficulty to the situation.

mooseman109

I am a landscape architect in VA, so we are still up amd running and have a good start to spring. I have had good sales so far, but not a single appointment scheduled this week. I am sure folks will hold off having guys like me come to their house. As well as folks not wanting to spend money on things i provide. So we shall see, we do 60% of annual business from march thru June
Wife is a nurse practitioner at a rehab hospital close to DC. They have has 3 suspected cases thus far, all have been negative. I am sure just a matter of time
Like alot of folks, I am worried about the economic impact more than medical impact

Rock H. Johnson

I am in India and.....

Attachments

• toiletpaperIndia.jpg
    toiletpaperIndia.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 164

Rock H. Johnson

We had a National curfew yesterday and .Gov liked it so much they extended it for another 10 days.......but not in the town where we are.....lol
National curfew in India means 410 less traffic deaths per day. Let see if COVID-19 can put a dent in that number.
Another thing is, it is 40C or 104F here so .Gov doubts it will spread.
Did buy some CQ/HCQ and Azithromyecin, while I was at my friendly local pharmacist to get some fresh HCG.
We have 1 confirmed infection in Chennai(400Km from here)but that person arrived by plane from outside.

Last edited:

Dansk

I wish you well, be safe.

Dansk

I am working daily in the only ICU the hospital I work at has designated for critical positive patients. All the stories are true about PPE. I am hoping my 85-90% things I do to stay healthy pays off. I'm fully expecting to be infected. I have had the last 2 days off, and i'm fearing what i'm gonna walk into tomorrow. There is so much information and disinformation out there I don't know what to believe anymore.
This Is what I do believe, there no other place i'd rather be than in America/Boston. I do think we were slow to prepare, but the flood gates are open now. I hoping/praying/believing this country will do better per capita with our outcomes, but if our medical staff start falling from being infected all my beliefs go out the window.

Stay safe, we are all being affected by this..... some worse than others.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me