Have you personally been affected by the novel coronavirus?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bochinit

Just in case anyone is interested, my girlfriend and I have both made a full recovery from the coronavirus. Took about 2 weeks start to finish. It felt like a flu that just lasted a bit longer than normal. Hope everyone here is staying healthy and feeling well.

Did you really get the virus? Whooaaa

/all closed here in Brazil.

antelopers

Did you really get the virus? Whooaaa

/all closed here in Brazil.
Yes we are in one of the hardest hit areas of the US. My girlfriend's roommate tested positive and then we both got it. For us it felt like a regular flu that lasted a bit longer than normal. We aren't in the "high risk" category.

Vince

Super Moderator
Just in case anyone is interested, my girlfriend and I have both made a full recovery from the coronavirus. Took about 2 weeks start to finish. It felt like a flu that just lasted a bit longer than normal. Hope everyone here is staying healthy and feeling well.
I'm happy that you and your girlfriend had a full recovery. Were you tested for the virus?

DragonBits

My wife, who is 45, must have had covid because she had all the symptoms and a co-worker tested positive. She was still working since she is in telecom repair and considered essential, no doubt she got if from someone at her work.

It's been 3 weeks 4 days since she started with a fever, which peaked at 103, 10 days with no fever, but she still has a cough. She was off work sick for the 3 weeks.

We couldn't get a test in Illinois since at the time there were no reported contact with known covid positive people and no travel. The co-worker was just recently reported by her company though no name was given.

It strikes me that because of HIPPA we often won't know if someone else has tested positive, and the criteria for testing is known contact with someone that has tested positive (or international travel), a real catch22.

We did do two telemed checks with two different doctors/nurses, both of them said she didn't meet criteria to get a test, and the second time she was no longer running a fever and outside of a cough looked good.

The oddest thing was loss of smell and taste, my concern was in the past my wife had recurring pneumonia when she was much younger. My other concern is I am 67 and my mother who is 93 lives with us. My mother has mild high blood pressure, without meds her blood pressure can be 150/70, but most of the time it's normal. I only give her meds if her bp goes to 140, if she takes meds every day her BP and pulse rate go too low and she gets dizzy.

My wife's symptoms:

Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fever (99-103)
Chills
Repeated shaking with chills
Muscle pain
Headache
Sore throat
New loss of taste or smell

Her chills was only 1-2 days, she had a heavy feeling in her chest one day. We went for a mile walk, she had to rest half way through it, and her pulse went to 150, pretty high for mild exercise. We went again, she was much better the second time but still not 100%.

She is back at work now, she hasn't had a fever for 10 days now, but still has a cough.

Oddest thing to me, neither myself or mother got noticeably sick, my wife stayed downstairs my mother upstairs, but I stayed downstairs with my wife sleeping in the same bed. Most I had was a runny nose for a couple of weeks, not even very noticeable. With me, no problems to walk/run 5 miles or biking 12 miles of rolling hills.

We will get the antibody test once it becomes easy to find, I think I could get a test now, but the faculty is 30 miles away and I am not sure how accurate the test is. I am guessing it's 50/50 now for my wife testing positive for covid as it has been too long.

So for us, not a big deal so far and it's kind of like watching a syfy movie to see what is going on. Sure hope I already have antibodies, though as noted, no one knows if that means you are immune and immune for how long.

I consider myself on the light side in taking precautions, I go to the store / hardware store whenever I want, wear a mask to be polite, wash hand more often but that is like 3-4 times in a day and in the past I probably only washed my hands at most once a day. I am 50/50 introverted/extraverted, and tend not to socialize a lot though I normally go to dinner once a week with another couple, it doesn't bother me a lot not to go. The couple I go out with, my male friend has crohn's and takes a immunosuppressive drug, so he is a lot more careful. My wife is more much more social than I am.

sokaiya

i don't wash my hands, i don't wear a mask and i've travels internationally twice in the past month. I worry about this as much as i do the regular old flu.

Kristoffer

i don't wash my hands, i don't wear a mask and i've travels internationally twice in the past month. I worry about this as much as i do the regular old flu.

Im sure you know this. But, just because you are not afraid of getting sick. There are others that are scared to death to catch the virus, it may kill them. My father just got lung cancer, and now i cant see my parents at all because he will die if he gets the coronavirus now. Im not afraid of getting sick either, but i DO care about other people. And i do not want anyone else to get sick because of me. Please wash your hands dude, its the NUMBER ONE top TOP most important thing we can all do. Im sure you care about others, so please for those who are scared of getting sick. Please wash your hands

sokaiya

Im sure you know this. But, just because you are not afraid of getting sick. There are others that are scared to death to catch the virus, it may kill them. My father just got lung cancer, and now i cant see my parents at all because he will die if he gets the coronavirus now. Im not afraid of getting sick either, but i DO care about other people. And i do not want anyone else to get sick because of me. Please wash your hands dude, its the NUMBER ONE top TOP most important thing we can all do. Im sure you care about others, so please for those who are scared of getting sick. Please wash your hands

NO. The way this needs to be handled is that if you personally feel like you need to "shelter in place" then you go ahead and do that. You want to wear a mask that adds no value, then do that.

I want all the germs that i can get because i know that it makes for a stronger immune system.

antelopers

NO. The way this needs to be handled is that if you personally feel like you need to "shelter in place" then you go ahead and do that. You want to wear a mask that adds no value, then do that.

I want all the germs that i can get because i know that it makes for a stronger immune system.
What you're saying is exactly what Sweden did, and their infection and death rate is the same as anywhere else in the world that enforced draconian lockdowns. Go figure.

antelopers

Check Swedens neighbours left and right, compare the numbers.
That's why I said rates, not total numbers. Norway and Finland each have half the population of Sweden, and Sweden has done a massive amount of valid tests in comparison. Aka the actual rate of infection and death remains the same per test administered, to their neighbors, the UK, US, etc.

Attachments

• UK-and-Sweden-Cases-Per-Million.png
    UK-and-Sweden-Cases-Per-Million.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

DragonBits

I believe the same thing, UP to a point.

Would you have sex with an HIV positive woman? More germs, more protection, up to the point it kills you.

As people have said, it's not about you, it's about everyone around you. Not a lot of people actually care if you kill yourself by going to far.

DragonBits

Check Swedens neighbours left and right, compare the numbers.

To be fair, this isn't done yet.

Sweden's plan will result in more deaths / infections sooner, but the thinking is it will result in fewer infections/deaths/economic harm over the course the pandemic.

Also, many countries are in far better shape regards their healthcare system Vs the US. We can make a lot of tank and fighter jets quickly, helpful 50 years ago, but we don't put much money into prevention of health problems / general infrastructure.

Absent a vaccine or effective treatment, all this isolation only delays the inevitable. The point was to not overwhelm hospitals with so many patients as many more people die because of lack of any healthcare. Isolation is the only way we have left to space out the infection rate to be able to manage it.

Blackhawk

LOL! Interesting N=1 experiment.

Just like exposure to typhoid, yellow fever, malaria, tuberculosis, smallpox, spanish flu, SARS, MERS, bubonic plague etc etc when no actual vaccines or treatments were available.

Russian roulette. Are you actually as fit to survive as you profess? Or will you end up the recipient of a Darwin award? Young healthy people that contract the virus do not all end up OK. Some end up dead, and some come away with permanent lung scarring rather than more robust immune systems.

I wish you good luck and success.

Last edited:

Renman23

So, basically, "Im willing to risk my health and dont give a Damn if I risk infecting you"....

What a colossal Asshole.

sokaiya

So, basically, "Im willing to risk my health and dont give a Damn if I risk infecting you"....

What a colossal Asshole.

You take care of your own health and i'll take care of mine. And i want you to get right up in my face and call me an asshole. I want to see you do it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me