Has your Cholesterol been affected by TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Arcane

No issues yet, and Im 1 year in, but Ive read that TRT causes skewered lipids in almost everyone on TRT. has this been the case for you? if so, what did you do for it?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
No issues yet, and Im 1 year in, but Ive read that TRT causes skewered lipids in almost everyone on TRT. has this been the case for you? if so, what did you do for it?

If anything I would be far more concerned with diet/body composition let alone having low testosterone!

Having healthy testosterone levels and following a proper diet/training protocol will have a big impact on body composition (muscle gain/fat loss) which will improve overall blood markers.

We are on trt using therapeutic doses in order to achieve a healthy FT level.

Abuse of testosterone/AAS can have a negative impact on lipids and even then it is usually the 17-alpha alkylated orals such as methyltestosterone, oxymetholone, fluoxymesterone, methandienone, oxandrolone, and stanozolol which are notorious for driving down HDL and increasing LDL let alone stressing the liver.

*Effects of testosterone therapy (TTh) on lipid parameters are inconsistent and may depend on treatment duration, route of administration, and adherence. While in short-term studies, testosterone usually lowers HDL, long-term studies seem to increase HDL. Total cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides are either reduced by TTh, or effects are neutral.

*Testosterone modulates the function of different tissues (muscle, adipose, and bone) and cell types (epithelial, endothelial, and hematopoietic) and regulates the metabolism of lipids, carbohydrates, and proteins.

Testosterone is closely related to blood lipid metabolism. Long-term testosterone therapy improves the lipid profile by reducing total cholesterol (TC), low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, and triglyceride (TG) levels, and increasing high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels compared with baseline levels.

NoVa Biker

My doctor started me on strong lipid medications 15 years before I started TRT. TRT (10 years now) did not change my lipid levels. Latest readings were:
Total cholesterol - 140 mg/dL
HDL - 53
LDL - 71

Dicky

My LDL and triglycerides went down by about 10 points. My HDL was unaffected. Granted the improvements could have been due to random fluctuations, but this is what I saw.

xqfq

My HDL-C lowered slightly. I don't think it is clinically meaningful - in the context of heavy anabolic steroid abuse, where HDL-C may be in the single digits - I do think it may be showing something pathological.

I am obsessed with CVD health and listen to lipidology podcasts, etc.

I have learned that HDL-C on its own is not that good of a predictor; it had predictive power when the Framingham studies came out, but that was just because ApoB / LDL-P was not measured.

I watch my non-HDL-C, ApoB, LDL-P and inflammatory markers. My non-HDL-C hovers around ~60, and I try to always keep it below 70; my LDL-C was 40 on my last blood test. I am not on a statin but I may experiment with a low dose of crestor in the future.

Overall my lipids are better on TRT than pre-TRT, but it is likely because I take my diet, health, etc more seriously now - and it's *easier* to do so than it was when I was low T.

I believe that if men see large, negative changes in LDL-C when beginning TRT it is due to eating a lot more (and eating perhaps poorly). Studies of men on TRT do not show a statistically significant change to LDL-C, but do show slight decreases in HDL-C.

BigTex

Abuse of testosterone/AAS can have a negative impact on lipids and even then it is usually the 17-alpha alkylated orals such as methyltestosterone, oxymetholone, fluoxymesterone, methandienone, oxandrolone, and stanozolol which are notorious for driving down HDL and increasing LDL let alone stressing the liver.

I recently added stanozolol @ 25mg/d to my TRT around November 1, 2021 after doing blood work. Here is what my fasted lipid values were before the stanozolol.
Quest lab values
Cholesterol - 154 <200 normal
HDL - 45 > or = 40 normal
Triglycerides - 68 >150 normal
LDL - 94 >100 normal

After about 8 weeks I had my lipids tested again

Cholesterol - 182 up 28 points
HDL - 37 down 8 points
Triglycerides - 97 up 29 points
LDL - 125 up 31 points

No doubt the stanozolol had a terrible effect on my lipids.

Gman86

I recently added stanozolol @ 25mg/d to my TRT around November 1, 2021 after doing blood work. Here is what my fasted lipid values were before the stanozolol.
Quest lab values
Cholesterol - 154 <200 normal
HDL - 45 > or = 40 normal
Triglycerides - 68 >150 normal
LDL - 94 >100 normal

After about 8 weeks I had my lipids tested again

Cholesterol - 182 up 28 points
HDL - 37 down 8 points
Triglycerides - 97 up 29 points
LDL - 125 up 31 points

No doubt the stanozolol had a terrible effect on my lipids.
I wouldn’t say horrible. I would say it impacted ur lipids in a slightly negative way. Ur HDL only went down 8 points. Ur LDL is still fine as long as ur not insulin resistant and aren’t constantly in a very inflammatory state. I personally like to keep my LDL around 200 for optimal health. LDL has quite a few benenfits, and shouldn’t be feared, again, as long as ur not insulin resistant and constantly have high sugar levels in ur blood. Worst part was that ur triglycerides went up 29 points. But ur triglycerides are still pretty damn good.

Notice any benefits from the 25mg of stanozolol per day?

BigTex

Yea, my cardiologist has been on my butt for a while trying to get my HDL up and the rest down more. He almost choked. He still doesn't know why this happened. I also got very little from the Stanozolol. Certainly not worth taking it. I might have needed 50-75mg/day but can't imagine how that have looked.

Gman86

Yea, my cardiologist has been on my butt for a while trying to get my HDL up and the rest down more. He almost choked. He still doesn't know why this happened. I also got very little from the Stanozolol. Certainly not worth taking it. I might have needed 50-75mg/day but can't imagine how that have looked.
Getting HDL up is easy. Just eat more healthy fats. Whole pastured egg yolks, grsssfed ghee/ grassfed butter, raw unpasteurized whole dairy, fatty red meats, organic unrefined coconut oil, for some good examples. The reason some people have a hard time getting their HDL up is because everyone’s scared of their LDL going up as well. But that’s just how the body works. You increase ur healthy fats and both are going to go up. That’s what u want to happen. HDL and LDL are both very beneficial. The body doesn’t have things that are bad for it. Just things that can cause issues when the body isn’t functioning properly. LDL has many benenfits. People just focus on the negatives unfortunately. And for most people u only have to worry about the negatives when concurrently also dealing with insulin resistance and high levels of inflammation.

But long story short, eat more healthy fats, don’t worry about ur LDL increasing a bit, and enjoy being healthy.

What was ur goal with adding the stanazolol in?

bixt

I recently added stanozolol @ 25mg/d to my TRT

That's a solid bodybuilding dose. A therapeutic dose of winstrol (for SHBG lowering) would be 10% of that, and even that dose WILL trash lipids in as little as a few weeks.

I'm not hating, do what you have to do. Been there myself, done that, still experiment from time to time.

BigTex

That's a solid bodybuilding dose. A therapeutic dose of winstrol (for SHBG lowering) would be 10% of that, and even that dose WILL trash lipids in as little as a few weeks.

I'm not hating, do what you have to do. Been there myself, done that, still experiment from time to time.
Most guys I know are doing 50-100mg of winstrol in bodybuilding. But also my source only has 25mg caps. Anyway, I am not going to ever do winstrol again. The little I got from it was not worth the thrashing my lipids got. But I do want to try the Turinabol for maybe 4 weeks.

T

tareload

Most guys I know are doing 50-100mg of winstrol in bodybuilding. But also my source only has 25mg caps. Anyway, I am not going to ever do winstrol again. The little I got from it was not worth the thrashing my lipids got. But I do want to try the Turinabol for maybe 4 weeks.
Good job getting off. It did your trig/hdl-c ratio no favors. This ratio one of the best simple ways to track your lipid particle counts without the nmr test.

Read here on down if you want a nice case study where the dude pulled his lipoprofile to go along with lipid-c panel after it came back poorly. Good example of doing stuff backwards and it got real when he saw his bloodwork.

You have to be in poor shape for oxandrolone / stanozolol reward to outweigh risk. Cosmetic enhancement doesn't seem worth it.

BTW, your drug tolerance gene potential is through the roof @BigTex. If the AAS were legit alot of guys would see bigger impact on hdl / trig. Compounded caps or ugl?

BigTex

Yea, my source is very big and he usually test every thing he buys from China at a lab in Germany. I know he has people that make caps for him with a cap machine. So his products are always very good. I checked again it is was 20mg caps. Believe it or not that was the 1st time I had done oral stanozolol. In the past I had only done Winstrol V which is injectable. Oxandrolone has never been of any used because it would take a hand full to do any good. Women love this stuff though. Needless to say , I won't ever be using either of them again. In fact, I am completely happy with the test cypionate and have finally made peace with myself that my goals in the gym are completely different. Just happy to still be there and not look like I the typical 65 year old man.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me