Has Anyone Tried Kratom ?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

swoops36

Lol yeah, I meant as far as how it affects some ppl differently. I got very sleepy on it; some ppl get tons of energy

I should add, I know that Chris Bell thinks Kratom is the holy grail, but it is addictive, and you can search the internet for stories of ppl trying to quit and finding it as hard as quitting Rx painkillers. I’d def be cautious if you decide to try it
I do sometimes think that the addiction just is moved over to something that is more socially acceptable than OXy's and Heroin, for instance.

swoops36

I do sometimes think that the addiction just is moved over to something that is more socially acceptable than OXy's and Heroin, for instance.
I’d agree with that. I am just as dependent on Suboxone as I was on Vicodin, this is just legal & more acceptable. Kratom would be the same, eventually, I’d think. I think Kratom, if kept in small doses and maybe not every day, would be helpful for sleep, mood disorders, etc.

swoops36

I forgot to add, and this would be really what I’d want to know about, is how Kratom impacts our endocrine system. There are lots of studies showing how opiates impact hormone production, but I haven’t seen any regarding Kratom and TRT.

swoops36

If you google it, it seems like there are a number of studies.

Kratom, an Emerging Drug of Abuse, Raises Prolactin and Causes Secondary
Hypogonadism: Case Report

Link Removed

A coincidence of addiction to "Kratom" and severe primary hypothyroidism.

Link Removed
Links are removed, but I’ll do some googling

DragonBits

Despite my caution, just tired some Katrom, it does have effects, more energy, increased positive mood.

From what I have read, this is typical in lower doses, in higher doses it is sedative, it still higher doses it becomes dangerous.

I tried a fairly small dose, 2-3 grams. I keep in mind those saying it is possibility addictive, though it maybe just a dependance, a bit different from addiction.

It's easy to get, a local vape shop had a banner in the window saying they had it available for sale, so I bought an ounce for $10, about twice the online price.

I have read that Thailand in 2018 legalized both Cannabis and Katrom for medical use, though possession for recreational use can be 5 years in jail, the death penalty for over 10 KG.

I an always interested in Thailand, since I spent 6 months there and my wife is a Thai national with a current Thai passport.

One can never assume what is legal or illegal in another country, melatonin is illegal in Thailand, yet you can buy testosterone without a prescription.

Here is a weird one, " The Playing Cards Act is a law in Thailand that prohibits individuals from owning more than 120 playing cards that have not been registered by the Excise Department". So you don't find anyone playing a friendly game of poker, though lotteries are everywhere.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

DragonBits

It can decrease testosterone. I have talked to 3 guys who have had permanent low T after months of use.

Ironically, I posted the same study in another thread about Katrom.

It isn't really a "study" more like speculation based on Katrom's similarity to opioids and antipsychotics. In this publication, they looked at 3 patients who had higher than normal prolactin and lower testosterone. and retested a few months later then told their doctors they had been taking Katrom (an unknown amount), they then assumed, probably correctly, katrom had something to do with it.

They all returned to normal after 2 months during the retest.

As I understand it, the primary mechanism by which opioids affect testosterone production is by inhibiting the secretion of GnRH which lowers FSH/LH, BUT when taking testosterone my LH/FSH is already near zero.

It seem impossible to lower my testosterone when I am taking it exogenously. I am not sure it's even possible by any means to lower testosterone when at the same time you are also injecting testosterone?

I never measured my prolactin level, but next time I do a test, I will include it.

Any drug that is effective is also dangerous when taking higher than normal doses.

I am more concerned about whether one develops a tolerance, anecdotally it seems likely to happen.

DragonBits

Dr. Christopher McCurdy - Kratom (Mitragyna Speciosa) as a potential therapy

@Nelson-vergel

Somewhat dry but interesting talk about the biochemistry of Kratom, mostly in regards to a therapy for opioid redrawal, he also talks about addiction potential.

DragonBits

UPdate on my Kratom usage.

Now I have tried ~2 grams (nearly) every day since July 22nd.

For me, I would rate it very positive, not as positive as TRT, but the most positive supplement I have taken.

It's very good for manual labor, and while I haven't had a chance to try it in a gym / working out, I expect it would be a big positive.

For me, it affects my mind feeling more focused, motivation, energy levels, appetite declines, I can get a lot more yard work done.

Since it's a stimulant at the levels i am taking no doubt it would keep me awake, but I tend to take it before noon. Latest I have taken it is 4 PM.

I usually take it with 800 mgs of dopa mucuna going on the theory it will synergistically increase dopamine.

I don't take it with cannabis, but maybe give that a try this Friday. Reason for giving it a try that way, cannabis usually makes me sleepy along with the feelings of being "high". But I am under the impression cannabis screws around with REM sleep, so I am am tending to not use it as a sleep aid. At first, I tried using cannabis mostly to help sleep, but it's a mixed picture in regards to sleep. Sometimes cannabis seems more inclined to make me drowsy / unmotivated but also more inclined to say awake longer.

Getting a solid 6-7 hours of sleep are often a challenge for me, while I am not sure, it seems higher levels of testosterone messes around with my ability to stay asleep.

Using kratom, I get really tired at 8-9 PM, since I had often did a fair amount of physical work, I suspect it's the combination of that and kratom fading.

I am not yet sure if kratom is good for administrative work, paper work etc. The focus part is good, but it seems to be better when doing some sort of physical work.

I don't have a lot of chronic pain, it does seem to work to reduce pain, and it's commonly used for that, but chronic pain isn't a big problem for me. I have a touch of arthritis in my hands, at 68 that is pretty common, and it doesn't bother me and I need to focus on stretching my hands to notice it. Lately my neck hurts, not sure why, sleep position maybe arthritis maybe? (The neck pain was before kratom.)

One thing, I am surprised that kratom actually has such a noticeable effect.

AndrewGreen

I tried it, and it helped me. Before kratom, I used medicinal marijuana, which my doctor recommended to me, but it did not help me. I had a severe depression associated with moving to a new city, and the feeling of loneliness was killing me from the inside out. The doctor's advice didn't do me any good, so I decided to try an alternative. My friend from New York recommended white maeng da kratom, which she used herself. After two months, I managed to get a job. I became more sociable and didn't feel lonely. Now I sometimes use kratom, but only because I think it's a good substitute for coffee.

Last edited:

Kev101

I would suggest to never ever touch Kratom!

I'm a former Army officer and "combat vet", I was in some crazy situations during the invasion of Iraq in 03'

For like a decade I proudly showed my collection of all the guys we shot to friends and family and would talk about how cool war is, then slowly my mind started to get weird. I never wanted to go to the VA but I would call alot and ask for help over the phone but they wouldn't do anything unless I came in. Never did.

One day I heard that Kratom was amazing for PTSD and that turned out to be true. Problem is, I was taking a spoon full about 4-5 times per day, for 3 yrs. My wife said my mood change and turnaround was remarkable and I agreed. I took it all through grad school, got straight A's on my MBA staying up to 12-1am smashing my work and crushing life.

I was the director of a robotics team in Nashville just pulling in the cash, everytime I felt stressed or tried, spoon of Kratom and back to being a beast. What was really happening was I would wake up at 4 am shaking, cold, sweating, if I didn't go downstairs and re-dose I would be in withdrawl. If my kilo was 1 day late, I would have to call out of work sick.

It is really addicting! I had to get some weird pills that heroin addicts take called Buprenorphine, and taper down. Oh and Kratom caused my BP to get so high they had me on 3 different pills and it was always 140/90 at best or 165/100 without. We thought it was the TRT and I came off everything, no shots or caffeine or sarms, nothing. Proved to be Kratom, so that's when I got the Buprenorphine to switch opiods, then taper for my high BP.

Maybe if you take it a couple times per week ad- hoc it will be ok but DO NOT take it daily! It is a double edge sword, can ruin you with addiction but will make you a 250k salary badass at the same time haha.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me