Has Anyone Stopped HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Are you on Hcg as part of your TRT protocol?

• Yes

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • No, never have been

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No, have been in past, but stopped

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Yes, on hCG Monotherapy

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Fortunate

I have been on various forms of TRT and I am still fine tuning the ideal protocol. I am starting to believe that the "less is more" approach is wise. Years ago, I was on Hcg monotherapy and realized this did not work well for me. But, I have always been on some form of Hcg along with whatever TRT I have been doing. I have been on 100-150 IU daily (most recently 100 IU). The primary and most compelling reason I have stayed on Hcg has been to preserve autologous T production.

But, for a few reasons, I have been toying with going off Hcg. As I don't mind Natesto that much, I figured the pulsatile nature of it may help me maintain natural production. But, I was recently on a cream and may consider going back to the cream to see how it goes without Hcg. I have concerns about natural production. But, I am starting to think the Hcg was responsible for some of my unwanted side effects, even at the low dose.

This thread is more of a polling, so I have posted a poll as well. My primary question is the prevalence of guys on TRT who are NOT on Hcg. If you elected not to go on Hcg, why? Have you been on Hcg and stopped? Why? I tend to get headaches in general and have noticed far fewer headaches since going off Hcg.

Appreciate your comments and thoughts.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

If your natural T production is low, why do you want to preserve your (disease state) natural T production?
This is actually an excellent point. I have a suspicion that my low T production may have been related to some external factors at the time I was tested years ago. I have no way of testing that theory without completely going off all supplementation and re-testing, which I'd rather not do. So, this was a hedge: treat, but be able to pull off if need be.

Fortunate

what are your side effects on HCG?
Good question. The answer is a bit murky, and it's hard for me to say for sure that HCG caused me problems, but I suspect it could be a possible source of some of my issues. The only one that I really struggle with is headaches. I injected every day, but didn't get headaches every day, so it's hard to say it was HCG. But, headaches are complex and can be multifactorial in nature. So, for the moment, I am stopping hcg to see what happens to headache frequency. I also have a hard time controlling acne (which is not solely HCG). I never did tolerate large doses. So, instead, I had to inject small, daily doses. After several years of this, I am getting tired of daily injections.

Gman86

Good question. The answer is a bit murky, and it's hard for me to say for sure that HCG caused me problems, but I suspect it could be a possible source of some of my issues. The only one that I really struggle with is headaches. I injected every day, but didn't get headaches every day, so it's hard to say it was HCG. But, headaches are complex and can be multifactorial in nature. So, for the moment, I am stopping hcg to see what happens to headache frequency. I also have a hard time controlling acne (which is not solely HCG). I never did tolerate large doses. So, instead, I had to inject small, daily doses. After several years of this, I am getting tired of daily injections.
U can’t do EOD injections? I’ve found those much more favorable than ED injections

Why don’t u go off HCG completely for a bit and see if it has any effect on ur headaches. I would think that would clearly tell u whether the HCG is a factor or not

S1W

U can’t do EOD injections? I’ve found those much more favorable than ED injections
How so, aside from the obvious being able to inject half as many times in a given year lol?

OP: Respectfully, you may be overthinking this. Just stop using hcg and see how it goes. If you find you felt better on it, hop back on.

FWIW, I’ve done TRT with and without hcg and prefer it without.

Last edited:

Fortunate

How so, aside from the obvious being able to inject half as many times in a given year lol?

OP: Respectfully, you may be overthinking this. Just stop using hcg and see how it goes. If you find you felt better on it, hop back on.

Agree. It's not rocket science. But, one of the reasons for the thread was to get a sense of prescribing patterns in the community. It seems very common for HCG to be prescribed with TRT. I kind of want to get a sense of how common it is to do TRT without it. These replies have all been helpful.

Gman86

I’ve done both ED and EOD injections, and for some reason the day off inbetween EOD makes a big difference mentally. Just having that one day off is plenty for me. ED just seemed too frequent and got a bit annoying. But EOD doesn’t bother me at all and been doing it for years. Everyone’s probably different, but EOD is perfect for me personally

ryan98366

I have been on various forms of TRT and I am still fine tuning the ideal protocol. I am starting to believe that the "less is more" approach is wise. Years ago, I was on Hcg monotherapy and realized this did not work well for me. But, I have always been on some form of Hcg along with whatever TRT I have been doing. I have been on 100-150 IU daily (most recently 100 IU). The primary and most compelling reason I have stayed on Hcg has been to preserve autologous T production.

But, for a few reasons, I have been toying with going off Hcg. As I don't mind Natesto that much, I figured the pulsatile nature of it may help me maintain natural production. But, I was recently on a cream and may consider going back to the cream to see how it goes without Hcg. I have concerns about natural production. But, I am starting to think the Hcg was responsible for some of my unwanted side effects, even at the low dose.

This thread is more of a polling, so I have posted a poll as well. My primary question is the prevalence of guys on TRT who are NOT on Hcg. If you elected not to go on Hcg, why? Have you been on Hcg and stopped? Why? I tend to get headaches in general and have noticed far fewer headaches since going off Hcg.

Bro, I agree with you 100% on HCG. I get two positive things from HCG: fuller balls and a little better orgasim. However, the negatives: irritated, moody, bloated, cloudy headed, low energy and raised blood pressure. The HCG raises my E2.

TRT doctors always convince me to try it again. And after a month or two I quit.

One tip: my sex drive goes lower without the HCG. I add in 15 mg DHEA every morning and my sex drive is good.

DixieWrecked

Bro, I agree with you 100% on HCG. I get two positive things from HCG: fuller balls and a little better orgasim. However, the negatives: irritated, moody, bloated, cloudy headed, low energy and raised blood pressure. The HCG raises my E2.

TRT doctors always convince me to try it again. And after a month or two I quit.

One tip: my sex drive goes lower without the HCG. I add in 15 mg DHEA every morning and my sex drive is good.
I've noticed that since adding in cream to the scrotum my mind is alot sharper and I also dropped about 4 pounds of water. Much leaner looking. I just added hcg back in in hopes that the increased dht will counter those pesky hcg side effects. I'll see how it goes

DixieWrecked

Been doing some low dose cyp. Like 70mg weekly with 3-4 clicks of normal cream a day. Just added in 150iu of hcg a day. My plan is just to bail on the cyp now that I am on hcg. I also have some hydrogel on the way to replace the cream

DS3

Any time I stop HCG and just take exogenous testosterone, my energy levels plummet. So, I’ve continued to take HCG with my testosterone for years now.

JimGainz

Any time I stop HCG and just take exogenous testosterone, my energy levels plummet. So, I’ve continued to take HCG with my testosterone for years now.
Same here. Plus, after about a month or so, one of my testicles shrink and keeps popping up inside of me which is really painful and annoying. I plan on continuing to use it

Smokey

cycling HCG works for me. Too long off and I start to not feel optimal and too long on is the same. I will jump on HCG for about 3-4 weeks and then off for around two months but not set in stone just go by the way I feel. Been on TRT since 2010. also, EOD, daily, twice per week seems to raise my estrogen over 1 shot of 200MG per week Good luck.

madman

Super Moderator
cycling HCG works for me. Too long off and I start to not feel optimal and too long on is the same. I will jump on HCG for about 3-4 weeks and then off for around two months but not set in stone just go by the way I feel. Been on TRT since 2010. also, EOD, daily, twice per week seems to raise my estrogen over 1 shot of 200MG per week Good luck.

That is a whopping dose of T whether injecting once weekly or split twice weekly (every 3.5 days), EOD let alone daily.

Bet your trough FT level is through the roof.

One can easily have an absurdly high trough FT let alone estradiol when injecting more frequently let alone daily (peak--->trough minimal) if the overall weekly dose of T is too high.

Where did your trough TT/FT/e2 levels sit on the more frequent injection protocols?

You would need to have tested using accurate assays to know where your levels truly sit.

TT/e2 (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

Where does your SHBG sit?

gerardo

Hello. I am happy when I see someone with more than 10 years of TRT. I tried to use hcg and the headache when I woke up made me stop. Have you been all these years without TRT at any time? Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me