Hair loss

Buy Lab Tests Online

Luke717

Been on TRT for 7 months. I feel like when I take a shower I definitely am losing / shedding hair. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY HAIR. I have a nice full head. My
Dihydrotestosterone DHT has been 68 in April and it was 99 in June.

Does DHT directly effect hair loss? seems to be mixed opinions... If so how do I get this # down? Is it related to E2 because thats high too.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

Over the counter Nizoral shampoo 2-3x per week is the easiest 'treatment'.

You can get 2% Nizoral prescription strength shampoo if you want to navigate online pharmacies.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Anecdotally, my results suggest that peak testosterone may be a driver of hair loss. Last year I tried daily propionate injections and experienced pretty severe shedding, with the shower drain providing ample evidence. This occurred even though my total weekly testosterone dose was mostly similar to before. The difference: peak testosterone was being pushed well over 1,000 nd/dL, presumably pushing peak DHT up as well. This year I reduced my TRT dose to keep my peaks below 800 ng/dL, and the hair loss stopped just like that.

If you are measuring trough testosterone on an E3.5D injection schedule then your peak testosterone could be as much as 60% higher.

Systemlord

I shed more hair on TRT, but the volume of hair is relatively unchanged. My fingernails grow much faster and ear wax production is increased from zero off TRT, was insane when I first started TRT and tapered to a normal amount weeks afterwards.

I have more grey hairs on TRT than when compared to no TRT and is reversed if I stop treatment. My skin looks a bit wrinkly on TRT as well.

Seanc34

I've watched several videos of physicians recommending finasteride. I know a lot of people don't like the drug but it seems like scalp DHT can be blocked significantly in evan small doses(0.5mg). Would be curious to hear if anyone else has experience using fin while on TRT

poweller

I've watched several videos of physicians recommending finasteride. I know a lot of people don't like the drug but it seems like scalp DHT can be blocked significantly in evan small doses(0.5mg). Would be curious to hear if anyone else has experience using fin while on TRT
I’ve been on TRT for 3 years. About 3 months into it, I noticed temporal hair loss, and I developed a prominent widow’s peak. I didn’t actually notice any shedding (more on that later), but my hair was thinning. I started taking finasteride, and the thinning hair stopped and eventually reversed after about 6 months. I had no negative side effects. 9 months ago, I decided to supplement TRT with nandrolone to see if I could rid myself of pesky joint issues. I read about nandrolone & stopped finasteride. I replaced finasteride with Rogaine and a laser cap while on nandrolone. 10 weeks into the nandrolone, my hair started coming out in handfuls. I had never actually experienced shedding, but there was hair all over the bathroom. I would run my hand through my hair and have handfuls of hair. Had never experienced that. I stopped nandrolone. Still shedding. About 6 weeks after stopping nandrolone, I resumed finasteride. It took about 8 weeks, but the shedding stopped. At 12 weeks, I think my hair is beginning to thicken back up. Nandrolone was great for relieving joint pain, but I don’t want to go bald. Can’t really say if reversing hair loss was due to stopping nandrolone, resuming finasteride, or a little of both.

Seanc34

I’ve been on TRT for 3 years. About 3 months into it, I noticed temporal hair loss, and I developed a prominent widow’s peak. I didn’t actually notice any shedding (more on that later), but my hair was thinning. I started taking finasteride, and the thinning hair stopped and eventually reversed after about 6 months. I had no negative side effects. 9 months ago, I decided to supplement TRT with nandrolone to see if I could rid myself of pesky joint issues. I read about nandrolone & stopped finasteride. I replaced finasteride with Rogaine and a laser cap while on nandrolone. 10 weeks into the nandrolone, my hair started coming out in handfuls. I had never actually experienced shedding, but there was hair all over the bathroom. I would run my hand through my hair and have handfuls of hair. Had never experienced that. I stopped nandrolone. Still shedding. About 6 weeks after stopping nandrolone, I resumed finasteride. It took about 8 weeks, but the shedding stopped. At 12 weeks, I think my hair is beginning to thicken back up. Nandrolone was great for relieving joint pain, but I don’t want to go bald. Can’t really say if reversing hair loss was due to stopping nandrolone, resuming finasteride, or a little of both.

Thanks for sharing! Your experience makes me feel a bit better about potentially starting TRT, as I've been on finasteride for about 4 months now for MPB(had a transplant). Curious, what is your fin and TRT dosage? I'm currently taking 1.25mg(proscar split into 4) three times a week. Been thinking about lowering since studies show much lower doses to be almost as effective

Been on TRT for 7 months. I feel like when I take a shower I definitely am losing / shedding hair. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY HAIR. I have a nice full head. My
Dihydrotestosterone DHT has been 68 in April and it was 99 in June.

Does DHT directly effect hair loss? seems to be mixed opinions... If so how do I get this # down? Is it related to E2 because thats high too.
I hear you brother. Yes, it does directly effect hair loss.

I have 5 brothers - from 51 to 63 (me) - each with a thick head of hair. We look 20 years younger than all our friends when we stand for a group Pic.

So after 3 years into trt I was disturbed to see my hair thinning. There was less of it on top and the actual strands were thinner. It didn't stand up any longer, it was laying flat.

I didn't have those omg shower moments, sadly lifting a gunk of hair from the drain like a dead pet mouse.

But my famous hair was stealthily departing the station. Not good.

Checked with my guys at Defy (not an ad!) and they are experts at pulling those many objectives/side effects levers.

And I loath drugs, BTW. Whenever a doctor says "no problem just take this" I'm out.

That being said, we're taking about my Hair here. I have a Sampson like devotion to it.

So Yea, trt pops your dht. Dht is the hair killer. I had been trying Rogaine, special shampoos, essential oils, and changed my food and pH levels to fix it... Very little effect. Although the oils smelled good. But didn't like all the veggies I had to eat.

Time to go all in : finesteride. 1mg daily. With Rogaine.

That did the trick. 8 weeks in now and the thinning has stopped and starting to grow new "baby hair." it still doesn't stand up like it used to but I'm told that will take 3 to 6 months.

Seems you gotta bring a knife to a knife fight. I'm likely going to stop the Rogaine too at some point, I'm confident it's the fin doing the heavy lifting. Defy tells me my strands should grow back as thick as original. That's the goal.

You may have heard that Fin has a wood killer rep... I haven't experienced that in the least.

Although I do take daily drops of tadalafil for longevity and other health reasons which I don't fully understand but it's" essential " as a trusted friend assured me.

So to wrap up, me: .25 T, 3x week... Nandro, .15, 3x week, (take for joint pain and lean muscle growth as body builder) hcg .35 3x week, 1mg fin daily, 7 drops of tadalafil, 3x daily.

One thing I've learned is no matter how great a researcher you are if you don't do this for a living - or have a crazy passion for these things - get a guy to advise you who does.

Makes the whole experience less frustrating and easier and safer to achieve your goals.

Good luck and crush!

I hear you brother. Yes, it does directly effect hair loss.

I have 5 brothers - from 51 to 63 (me) - each with a thick head of hair. We look 20 years younger than all our friends when we stand for a group Pic.

So after 3 years into trt I was disturbed to see my hair thinning. There was less of it on top and the actual strands were thinner. It didn't stand up any longer, it was laying flat.

I didn't have those omg shower moments, sadly lifting a gunk of hair from the drain like a dead pet mouse.

But my famous hair was stealthily departing the station. Not good.

Checked with my guys at Defy (not an ad!) and they are experts at pulling those many objectives/side effects levers.

And I loath drugs, BTW. Whenever a doctor says "no problem just take this" I'm out.

That being said, we're taking about my Hair here. I have a Sampson like devotion to it.

So Yea, trt pops your dht. Dht is the hair killer. I had been trying Rogaine, special shampoos, essential oils, and changed my food and pH levels to fix it... Very little effect. Although the oils smelled good. But didn't like all the veggies I had to eat.

Time to go all in : finesteride. 1mg daily. With Rogaine.

That did the trick. 8 weeks in now and the thinning has stopped and starting to grow new "baby hair." it still doesn't stand up like it used to but I'm told that will take 3 to 6 months.

Seems you gotta bring a knife to a knife fight. I'm likely going to stop the Rogaine too at some point, I'm confident it's the fin doing the heavy lifting. Defy tells me my strands should grow back as thick as original. That's the goal.

You may have heard that Fin has a wood killer rep... I haven't experienced that in the least.

Although I do take daily drops of tadalafil for longevity and other health reasons which I don't fully understand but it's" essential " as a trusted friend assured me.

So to wrap up, me: .25 T, 3x week... Nandro, .15, 3x week, (take for joint pain and lean muscle growth as body builder) hcg .35 3x week, 1mg fin daily, 7 drops of tadalafil, 3x daily.

One thing I've learned is no matter how great a researcher you are if you don't do this for a living - or have a crazy passion for these things - get a guy to advise you who does.

Makes the whole experience less frustrating and easier and safer to achieve your goals.

Good luck and crush!
Here's me at 57. It's my "hair standing up" goal.

Attachments

• -1wdqn7~2.jpg
    -1wdqn7~2.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 136

poweller

Thanks for sharing! Your experience makes me feel a bit better about potentially starting TRT, as I've been on finasteride for about 4 months now for MPB(had a transplant). Curious, what is your fin and TRT dosage? I'm currently taking 1.25mg(proscar split into 4) three times a week. Been thinking about lowering since studies show much lower doses to be almost as effective
I used to split the little 5 mg finasteride pills into quarters and take a quarter pill daily. Recently, I’ve just been taking the whole 5 mg daily. I notice no side effects. My TRT dose is 100 mg testosterone cypionate IM weekly. For four weeks, I’ve been experimenting with 10 mg test per day subQ with an insulin syringe (3/10 ml, 30G, 1/2”). I get really painful, stubborn cystic acne on my scalp with weekly injections. BTW, it turns out short needle length compensates for small gauge. I have no trouble drawing it up. Just takes about 60 seconds. Labs drawn Friday. Much less scalp acne with this daily and lower dose (only 70 mg/week).

fifty

Here are a few studies that may be of interest. The actual papers are online free somewhere but the abstracts are pretty good.

Basically you can take a tiny dose of finasteride either orally (as low as 0.05mg/day) or topically (0.1ml to 0.2ml of 0.25% solution once daily) and it will block DHT in the scalp without a big effect on serum levels initially. The problem is that eventually over time, finasteride seems to build up in your system and it all ends up reducing serum DHT quite a big regardless of the dose (orally or topically).

I had used a topical solution at (1ml of 0.05% solution) once daily and it helped my hair slightly on TRT but after a few months my serum DHT came back at 24. Right now I'm off TRT and my DHT is usually high 60s.

Personally, I think DHT is one of the main benefits of TRT and crushing it for hair purposes is a long road to haul.

The effects of finasteride on scalp skin and serum androgen levels in men with androgenetic alopecia

Effects of a Novel Finasteride 0.25% Topical Solution on Scalp and Serum Dihydrotestosterone in Healthy Men With Androgenetic Alopecia

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator

ajax31

Preventable Effect of L-threonate, an Ascorbate Metabolite, on Androgen-Driven Balding via Repression of Dihydrotestosterone-Induced dickkopf-1 Expression in Human Hair Dermal Papilla Cells

Mi Hee Kwack 1, Ji Sup Ahn, Moon Kyu Kim, Jung Chul Kim, Young Kwan Sung

Abstract
In a previous study, we recently claimed that dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-inducible dickkopf-1 (DKK-1) expression is one of the key factors involved in androgen-potentiated balding. We also demonstrated that L-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate (Asc 2-P) represses DHT-induced DKK-1 expression in cultured dermal papilla cells (DPCs). Here, we investigated whether or not L-threonate could attenuate DHT-induced DKK-1 expression. We observed via RT-PCR analysis and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay that DHT-induced DKK-1 expression was attenuated in the presence of L-threonate. We also found that DHT-induced activation of DKK-1 promoter activity was significantly repressed by L-threonate. Moreover, a co-culture system featuring outer root sheath (ORS) keratinocytes and DPCs showed that DHT inhibited the growth of ORS cells, which was then significantly reversed by L-threonate. Collectively, these results indicate that L-threonate inhibited DKK-1 expression in DPCs and therefore is a good treatment for the prevention of androgen-driven balding.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me