Hair Issues

Buy Lab Tests Online

cheters23

Hi all,

I have been noticing a lot more hair than usual coming off my head in the shower and it has never happened before. I noticed my T3 meds last 2 orders have been the slow released version from empower, so can this play a role in this hair falling out? I am currently taking 20 mcg of t3 (10 mcg in morning and 10 mcg at night) or can it be something else? I haven't had any labs done since I have been on the SR version of the meds, so not really sure where they are at.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hair loss and thyroid disease
Severe and prolonged hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can cause loss of hair. The loss is diffuse and involves the entire scalp rather than discrete areas. ... It is unusual for mild (e.g. subclinical) hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, or short-lived thyroid problems to cause hair loss.
1571678650487.png

British Thyroid Foundation › 109-h...
Hair Loss and Thyroid Disorders - British Thyroid Foundation

apsjiml

Hi all,

I have been noticing a lot more hair than usual coming off my head in the shower and it has never happened before. I noticed my T3 meds last 2 orders have been the slow released version from empower, so can this play a role in this hair falling out? I am currently taking 20 mcg of t3 (10 mcg in morning and 10 mcg at night) or can it be something else? I haven't had any labs done since I have been on the SR version of the meds, so not really sure where they are at.

Hair loss can be low thyroid just as well. I will say this, including myself. I have seen 100's of labs of people that are on sustained release (12 hr post thyroid dosage-is what you need) and the sustained release does not work well for many. Some it does but not many. Also, if you have a deiodinase issue (thyroid conversion) adding in t3 can make it worse. If you have a iron issue-low iron (you need a full iron panel with saturation and ferritin) that can cause hair loss as well.

cheters23

I was curious so I had my Thyroid labs retested and here are the results:
TSH 3.430 uIU/mL 0.450-4.500
T4,Free(Direct) 0.85 ng/dL 0.82-1.77
Triiodothyronine (T3), Free 3.7 pg/mL 2.0-4.4
Reverse T3, Serum 10.8 ng/dL 9.2-24.1
Thyroglobulin Antibody <1.0 IU/mL 0.0-0.9
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab 6 IU/mL 0-34

I am on 20 mcg of SR Liothyronine Sodium(t3) med from empower I take 10mcg in morning and 10mcg in the evening. My TSH is always elevated a bit even after taking t3 for over a year, so is that normal or should it have dropped by now? My free t4 is bottom of range, so does anyone think I would benefit on also taking a t4 medication alongside my t3 to get both in optimal range?

I am not sure why my hair is having these issues, but I just thought about how I donated blood after my last bloodwork on 06/14/19 these were my levels on this date:
Ferritin, Serum 59 ng/mL 30-400
I think i heard when you donated it knocks off about 20 points off that number, so maybe my iron just needs to replenish? I donated because my follow up he suggested I do so because of my hemoglobin was a little high and these are the numbers:
Hemoglobin 17.5 g/dL 13.0-17.7
Hematocrit 49.6 % 37.5-51.0

Vince

Super Moderator

I am on 20 mcg of SR Liothyronine Sodium(t3) med from empower I take 10mcg in morning and 10mcg in the evening. My TSH is always elevated a bit even after taking t3 for over a year, so is that normal or should it have dropped by now? My free t4 is bottom of range, so does anyone think I would benefit on also taking a t4 medication alongside my t3 to get both in optimal range?

I am not sure why my hair is having these issues, but I just thought about how I donated blood after my last bloodwork on 06/14/19 these were my levels on this date:
I think i heard when you donated it knocks off about 20 points off that number, so maybe my iron just needs to replenish? I donated because my follow up he suggested I do so because of my hemoglobin was a little high and these are the numbers:
I'm sure as you know, your hair loss isn't from your thyroid. Your HCT wasn't too high, I probably wouldn't have donated, I'm sure it didn't hurt to.

apsjiml

My question to when was your last dosage before that thyroid tested? free t3 is not matching up to how high your tsh is and there is a few reasons why This usually is. #1 you took your thyroid medication the morning of the lab test. it should be at least 12 hrs after your last dosage otherwise it will falsely raise t3 levels. #2 you have elevated t3 antibodies this would give a false high free t3 level. The way to find this out is to test total along with free t3. If it were me I wpuld be doin a full iron panel at least once to see what saturation is.

cheters23

My question to when was your last dosage before that thyroid tested? free t3 is not matching up to how high your tsh is and there is a few reasons why This usually is. #1 you took your thyroid medication the morning of the lab test. it should be at least 12 hrs after your last dosage otherwise it will falsely raise t3 levels. #2 you have elevated t3 antibodies this would give a false high free t3 level. The way to find this out is to test total along with free t3. If it were me I wpuld be doin a full iron panel at least once to see what saturation is.
I took my t3 meds 15 hours before I did my bloodwork.

I did an Iron panel back earlier this year, but keep in mind I donated blood in February and also in July. Maybe I am tanking my Ferritin with donating blood, because my June Ferritin was 59. Here are results from 1/30/19:

Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 353 ug/dL 250-450
UIBC 229 ug/dL 111-343
Iron 124 ug/dL 38-169
Iron Saturation 35 % 15-55
Ferritin, Serum 79 ng/mL 30-400

apsjiml

Well, the last time I have seen lab tests like that with a free t3 in the upper portion of the range but yet elevated tsh was with someone with a form of thyroid hormone resistance. However 12hrs after dose is based upon what a person should do that takes thyroid meds but with a sustained release t3 that is a little different. I don't know if that is not accurate or indeed a form of thyroid hormone resistance. If it were me, I would be getting a total t3 done as well to see if I had t3 antibodies causing a false elevated free t3 level. I will be honest here, I have been in thyroid group groups since there were thyroid groups and honestly, hardly anyone does very well on a sustained release t3. They just do not absorb that very well.

cheters23

I would be getting a total t3 done as well to see if I had t3 antibodies causing a false elevated free t3 level
I just got a Total t3 done to see where it was at. Here it is:
Triiodothyronine (T3) 115 ng/dL 71-180

Not sure what that will show, but that is what my total t3 result was.

apsjiml

Total and free should pretty simiar . Free t3 is in the upper portion somewhere then we would expected total t3 to be in the same regions. But it is not and total t3 is actually low on the range and and free t3 is in the upper portion. t3 antibodies are the big cause of that.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me