Grower or shower? Predictors of change in penile length from the flaccid to erect state

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Abstract
In colloquial English, a “grower” is a man whose phallus expands significantly in length from the flaccid to the erect state; a “shower” is a man whose phallus does not demonstrate such expansion. We sought to investigate various factors that might predict a man being either a grower or a shower. A retrospective review of 274 patients who underwent penile duplex Doppler ultrasound (PDDU) for erectile dysfunction between 2011 and 2013 was performed. Penile length was measured, both in the flaccid state prior to intracavernosal injection (ICI) of a vasodilating agent (prostaglandin E1), and at peak erection during PDDU. The collected data included patient demographics, vascular, and anatomic parameters. The median change in penile length from flaccid to erect state was 4.0 cm (1.0–7.0), and was used as a cut-off value defining a grower (≥4.0 cm) or a shower (4.0 cm). A total of 73 men (26%) fit the definition of a grower (mean change in length of 5.3 cm [SD 0.5]) and 205 (74%) were showers (mean change in length of 3.1 cm [SD 0.9]). There were no differences between the groups with regards to race, smoking history, co-morbidities, erectile function, flaccid penile length, degree of penile rigidity after ICI, or PDDU findings. Growers were significantly younger (mean age 47.5 vs. 55.9 years, p < 0.001), single (37% vs. 23%, p = 0.031), received less vasodilator dose (10.3 mcg vs. 11.0 mcg, p = 0.038) and had a larger erect phallus (15.5 cm vs. 13.1 cm, p < 0.001). On multivariate analysis, only younger age was significantly predictive of being a grower (p < 0.001). These results suggest that younger age and single status could be predictors of a man being a grower, rather than a shower. Larger, multicultural and multinational studies are needed to confirm these results.

Conclusions
Based on our penile vascular study measurements, a man whose penis expands ≥4 cm, the median change in penile length from flaccid to erect state was 4.0 cm (1.0–7.0), upon maximal erection may be considered a “grower.” Our results also suggest that younger age, and single status, may be predictors of being considered a grower, rather than a “shower.” Larger, multi-institutional and cross-cultural studies are needed for confirmation.

Attachments

• MAR16-GROWER-SHOWER-yafi2018.pdf
    375.3 KB · Views: 96
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GreenMachineX

Interesting read...I’ve always though of myself as a grower, but I am also concerned that it has to do with excess stimulation/vasoconstriction coinciding with daytime BP of 150/70, but waking up with a BP of 118/70. When first waking, if no morning wood (or when waking to urinate in the middle of the night), I have much flaccid fullness (shower), but as the day goes by...it goes bye bye like a frightened turtle. Trying to figure this out...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me