Got bloodwork back after 2 months on a new protocol. Advice on where to go from here?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Arcane

I was previously administering 50 mg Test cyp every 3.5 days and here were my last blood results:

Total T: 1316 ng/dl (264-916)
Free T: 28.3 ng/dl (9.3-26.5)
Estradiol (sensitive): 40.1 pg/ml (8.0-35.0)
SHBG: 45.2 nmol/l (16.5-55.9)
IGF1: 252 ng/mL (101-307)

I wanted to lower my E2 a few points without taking an AI so I tried dropping the dose to 80 mg a week and felt worse. I then decided to try the same dose but split into EOD.

so for 2 months I have been administering 30 mg test cyp EOD and just got my bloodwork back:

Total T:
907 ng/dl (250-1100)
Free T:
167.0 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)
Estradiol (Ultrasensitive): 45 pg/ml (< OR = 29 pg/mL)
SHBG: 29.2 nmol/l (10-50)

My SHBG and Total Test went down, which im very happy about since eIve always had sky high SHBG and it wouldn't lower much on twice a week dosing.

But my E2 went up. I was under the impression that it would lower?

Im considering dropping. my dose to 20 mg a week but am worried that my total test will drop too low. any advice on where to tweak my 30mg EOD test cyp protocol from here?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I notice the results are from two different labs, so comparing them is questionable. I would first knock the testosterone dose down to 24 or 26 mg EOD and give it a few months. It is common to feel less good initially with dose reductions, so expect that and try to get through it. But having total testosterone at 700-800 ng/dL is still above average for young men, and will also get your estradiol closer to being in range without an AI.

madman

Super Moderator
I was previously administering 50 mg Test cyp every 3.5 days and here were my last blood results:

Total T: 1316 ng/dl (264-916)
Free T: 28.3 ng/dl (9.3-26.5)
Estradiol (sensitive): 40.1 pg/ml (8.0-35.0)
SHBG: 45.2 nmol/l (16.5-55.9)
IGF1: 252 ng/mL (101-307)

I wanted to lower my E2 a few points without taking an AI so I tried dropping the dose to 80 mg a week and felt worse. I then decided to try the same dose but split into EOD.

so for 2 months I have been administering 30 mg test cyp EOD and just got my bloodwork back:

Total T:
907 ng/dl (250-1100)
Free T:
167.0 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)
Estradiol (Ultrasensitive): 45 pg/ml (< OR = 29 pg/mL)
SHBG: 29.2 nmol/l (10-50)

My SHBG and Total Test went down, which im very happy about since eIve always had sky high SHBG
and it wouldn't lower much on twice a week dosing.

But my E2 went up. I was under the impression that it would lower?

Im considering dropping. my dose to 20 mg a week but am worried that my total test will drop too low.
any advice on where to tweak my 30mg EOD test cyp protocol from here?

Keep in mind that it is pointless to compare labs as you did not use the same lab let alone the same assay (most accurate) for FT!

1st set was the piss poor direct immunoassay and the 2nd set was Ultrafiltration (most accurate).

As I stated in your previous thread regarding the 1st set of labs your trough TT 1316 ng/dL was absurdly high which had your FT high (using the piss poor direct immunoassay) and it would have most likely been much higher than you think (if you had it tested using the most accurate assays such as ED or UF.

With an absurdly high trough TT 1316 ng/dL even with a highish SHBG of 45.2 nmol/L you can rest assured that your FT would be very high!

Although you kept your overall weekly dose the same labs are trough levels on 2 different injection frequency protocols twice weekly (every 3.5 days)--->EOD.

Your trough TT 907 ng/dL is far from being absurdly high and seeing as your SHBG dropped from 45.2--->29.2 nmol/L your FT is just over the top end.

With a high FT your e2 will be higher.

Regardless of where your trough TT/FT/e2 levels sit as of now on the new protocol (30 mg T/EOD) if you feel good overall and blood markers are healthy then I would not change a thing.

Top it all off that you are only 2 months in on the new protocol and as you should very well know that when tweaking a protocol (dose T/injection frequency) hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels stabilize (4-6 weeks).

Even then once blood levels have stabilized it will take another 2-3 months for the body to adapt and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall on such protocol.

Dropping the dose now would be a bad move!

My SHBG and Total Test went down, which im very happy about since eIve always had sky high SHBG

Again an SHBG 45.2 nmol/L is far from sky high!

Arcane

Keep in mind that it is pointless to compare labs as you did not use the same lab let alone the same assay (most accurate) for FT!

1st set was the piss poor direct immunoassay and the 2nd set was Ultrafiltration (most accurate).

As I stated in your previous thread regarding the 1st set of labs your trough TT 1316 ng/dL was absurdly high which had your FT high (using the piss poor direct immunoassay) and it would have most likely been much higher than you think (if you had it tested using the most accurate assays such as ED or UF.

With an absurdly high trough TT 1316 ng/dL even with a highish SHBG of 45.2 nmol/L you can rest assured that your FT would be very high!

Although you kept your overall weekly dose the same labs are trough levels on 2 different injection frequency protocols twice weekly (every 3.5 days)--->EOD.

Your trough TT 907 ng/dL is far from being absurdly high and seeing as your SHBG dropped from 45.2--->29.2 nmol/L your FT is just over the top end.

With a high FT your e2 will be higher.

Regardless of where your trough TT/FT/e2 levels sit as of now on the new protocol (30 mg T/EOD) if you feel good overall and blood markers are healthy then I would not change a thing.

Top it all off that you are only 2 months in on the new protocol and as you should very well know that when tweaking a protocol (dose T/injection frequency) hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels stabilize (4-6 weeks).

Even then once blood levels have stabilized it will take another 2-3 months for the body to adapt and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall on such protocol.

Dropping the dose now would be a bad move!

Again an SHBG 45.2 nmol/L is far from sky high!
1) not sure what you want me to do.. go back on my old protocol then use the same bloodwork Im using now?

2) my bloodwork is different due to 1 set of labs being from my HRT provider and the 2nd being from Discounted Labs

3) My SHBg used to be in the 80s nmol/L. 35 is the lowest ive ever had it.

madman

Super Moderator
1) not sure what you want me to do.. go back on my old protocol then use the same bloodwork Im using now?

2) my bloodwork is different due to 1 set of labs being from my HRT provider and the 2nd being from Discounted Labs

3) My SHBg used to be in the 80s nmol/L. 35 is the lowest ive ever had it.

If you feeling well overall and blood markers are healthy then stick it out for a few more months before jumping to any conclusions let alone tweaking your protocol (dose T/injection frequency).

An SHBG 80 nmol/L pre-trt would be absurdly high.

You just keep speaking as if an SHBG 45.2 nmol/L is absurdly high.

Most healthy young men have an SHBG 30-35 nmol/L.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me