Gman's thyroid labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

I've had thyroid labs drawn about 10 times over the years, and they basically all look identical to the labs on 2-20-19. I put those labs as a reference of what my thyroid labs usually look like, while taking no thyroid medication, and my thyroid labs on 4-30-19 while being on NDT for a month.

2-20-19
T3 total - 83 (76-181)
T4 total - 5.6 (4.5-10.5)
Free T3 - 3.7 (2.3-4.2)
Free t4 - 0.9 (0.8-1.8)
Rt3 - 11 (8-25)
TSH - 0.73 (0.4-4.5)
Thyroglobulin antibodies - (<1)
Thyroid peroxidase antibodies -(1) Range - (<9)

4-30-19
Thyroid Protocol: WP Thyroid (NDT) 1.5 grains in AM, 1 grain mid day for about a month prior to these labs. Rule of thumb when checking thyroid is to not take a dose 12-17 hours prior to lab draw. So morning of lab day, I took all 2.5 grains at 5am, and had labs done 12 hours later at 5pm.

T3 total - 230 (76-181)
T4 total - 9.4 (4.5-10.5)
Free T3 - 7.3 (2.3-4.2)
Free t4 - 1.6 (0.8-1.8)
Rt3 - 22 (8-25)
TSH - 0.01 (0.4-4.5)
Thyroid peroxidase antibodies - (1) Range - (<9)

So moral of the story, WP thyroid is clearly a lot stronger than I thought! I don't really feel good with these levels. Feel a little more foggy than usual, and a little more tired I think. Other than that, don't notice much difference compared to before starting thyroid medication.

My plan is to drop my NDT dose down to around 1 grain, and add in T3, to get my RT3 down. Most likely just going to get quick release T3 from Empower. Going to start low with the T3, probably 5mcg, and raise 5mcg per week. Then going to get labs done in probably a month.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

Your numbers before meds look ok with good FT3 and RT3. After meds your RT3 is too high because your taking too much Thyroid. Instructions I get is to take your meds as always and labs 2-3hrs after.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've had thyroid labs drawn about 10 times over the years, and they basically all look identical to the labs on 2-20-19. I put those labs as a reference of what my thyroid labs usually look like, while taking no thyroid medication, and my thyroid labs on 4-30-19 while being on NDT for a month.

2-20-19
T3 total - 83 (76-181)
T4 total - 5.6 (4.5-10.5)
Free T3 - 3.7 (2.3-4.2)
Free t4 - 0.9 (0.8-1.8)
Rt3 - 11 (8-25)
TSH - 0.73 (0.4-4.5)
Thyroid peroxidase antibodies -(1) Range - (<9)

4-30-19
Thyroid Protocol: WP Thyroid (NDT) 1.5 grains in AM, 1 grain mid day for about a month prior to these labs. Rule of thumb when checking thyroid is to not take a dose 12-17 hours prior to lab draw. So morning of lab day, I took all 2.5 grains at 5am, and had labs done 12 hours later at 5pm.

T3 total - 230 (76-181)
T4 total - 9.4 (4.5-10.5)
Free T3 - 7.3 (2.3-4.2)
Free t4 - 1.6 (0.8-1.8)
Rt3 - 22 (8-25)
TSH - 0.01 (0.4-4.5)
Thyroid peroxidase antibodies - (1) Range - (<9)

So moral of the story, WP thyroid is clearly a lot stronger than I thought! I don't really feel good with these levels. Feel a little more foggy than usual, and a little more tired I think. Other than that, don't notice much difference compared to before starting thyroid medication.

My plan is to drop my NDT dose down to around 1 grain, and add in T3, to get my RT3 down. Most likely just going to get quick release T3 from Empower. Going to start low with the T3, probably 5mcg, and raise 5mcg per week. Then going to get labs done in probably a month.
I would have to agree with you. I would cut down the NDT dose and add in the T3, get your reverse T3 down.

HarryCat2

It's not clear from your post why you are taking thyroid other than you don't like your labs. What symptoms are you trying to address by taking thyroid meds?

Your labs on NDT are very similar to what mine looked like on NDT. I found that I don't have a problem converting T4 to T3 as needed and switching to a T4 only med gave me much better results.

Gman86

Your numbers before meds look ok with good FT3 and RT3. After meds your RT3 is too high because your taking too much Thyroid. Instructions I get is to take your meds as always and labs 2-3hrs after.

When to get your labs done probably varies, depending on who you talk to. I’ve been getting a lot of my information from Stop The Thyroid Madness’ FB group, and they recommend 12-17 hours after last dose. So you’re probably not wrong, I’m just going by one group’s specific recommendations. But again, maybe 2-3 hours is the correct way to do it. I’m honestly not sure.

1557081570154.png

Gman86

It's not clear from your post why you are taking thyroid other than you don't like your labs. What symptoms are you trying to address by taking thyroid meds?

Your labs on NDT are very similar to what mine looked like on NDT. I found that I don't have a problem converting T4 to T3 as needed and switching to a T4 only med gave me much better results.

So the main symptoms are brain fog, and lethargy. Mostly the brain fog though. The other main symptom is my low morning temps. Before treatment, I was around 96.0-96.2. It should be closer to 97.7-98.6. Obv the closer to 98.6 you can get, the better. Low morning temps are a strong indicator of low thyroid function.

So what dose of NDT were you taking when your labs came back similar to mine? And what T4 only medication are you taking now? And have you had labs done while on T4 only?

MarcoFL

just curious if you could give more detail on your switch from NDT to just Levo. Thank you, Mark

HarryCat2

So the main symptoms are brain fog, and lethargy. Mostly the brain fog though. The other main symptom is my low morning temps. Before treatment, I was around 96.0-96.2. It should be closer to 97.7-98.6. Obv the closer to 98.6 you can get, the better. Low morning temps are a strong indicator of low thyroid function.

So what dose of NDT were you taking when your labs came back similar to mine? And what T4 only medication are you taking now? And have you had labs done while on T4 only?

I was taking 65mg of Westhroid. I was getting hyper symptoms so I wasn't going to go higher. Messed around with lower dosages for a while then just went back to T4 only.
My last labs on 50mcg of Unithroid were TSH=1.47 (0.5-5.8), freeT4=1.15 (.75-1.64) and freeT3=2.66 (2.0-4.9). As a result of these labs I've increased my dose to 75mcg and will be retesting in a few weeks. I've also switched brands from Unithroid to Sandoz. I don't think I was absorbing Unithroid as well.

BTW, Flyingfool on PeakT's forum came up with what I think is one of the better ways to dial in thyroid meds.

Question about T3 only

Gman86

I was taking 65mg of Westhroid. I was getting hyper symptoms so I wasn't going to go higher. Messed around with lower dosages for a while then just went back to T4 only.
My last labs on 50mcg of Unithroid were TSH=1.47 (0.5-5.8), freeT4=1.15 (.75-1.64) and freeT3=2.66 (2.0-4.9). As a result of these labs I've increased my dose to 75mcg and will be retesting in a few weeks. I've also switched brands from Unithroid to Sandoz. I don't think I was absorbing Unithroid as well.

BTW, Flyingfool on PeakT's forum came up with what I think is one of the better ways to dial in thyroid meds.

Question about T3 only

I really like his point of view. I think he’s most likely pretty spot on with his opinions. My current plan is to basically do exactly what he is saying. The only difference is that instead of getting free T4 dialed in with synthetic T4, I’m going to try and get my free T4 optimal with low dose NDT. I basically want to have just enough NDT in my system to have optimal total T3 and free T4 levels, and then dial in free T3 with added T3 only medication. I’m hoping that the addition of T3 will lower RT3, and I will continue to up my T3 dose until free T3 and RT3 are optimal. I’m hoping both optimize around the same time.

Do you know if T3 only medication increases total T3, or does it just increase free T3?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me