Gluten Content of Top 200 Drugs

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
"About 18 million Americans with gluten sensitivities and about 1 in 133 Americans with celiac disease may be trying to avoid gluten in their dietary intake, but they should also be aware that some of their medications may contain gluten.

Gluten proteins can be found in wheat, barley, and rye. For patients with celiac, consuming gluten can lead to gastrointestinal upset, headache, weight loss, osteoporosis, depression, and infertility. Even consuming 30 mg to 50 mg of gluten can lead to adverse effects, so patients not only have to look out for the protein in food and medications, but also be vigilant about products like lip balm.

On the legislative side, Ohio State Representative Tim Ryan introduced a bill in 2013 that would require companies to disclose gluten as an ingredient in medication labels. It was reintroduced again by Rep. Ryan and New York Congressman Nita Lowey in 2015, but GovTrack.us stated that it had a 0% chance of being enacted."

"In the article, she included a list that was created with the help of the University of Kansas Drug Information Center. Using an article published in Pharmacy Times in July 2012 about the top 200 drugs by total prescriptions, the center contacted manufacturers to determine whether their drugs were considered gluten-free.

Only yes or no answers were accepted, and medications were listed as not gluten-free if the companies declined to participate. "

http://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/gluten-content-of-top-200-drugs-key-information-for-pharmacists

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Superman

its crazy how many things we consume that have gluten in them. i have been on a gluten free diet for a few years now per doctors orders and when it was new to me i was just floored when i would read labels and see what was in the product i was about to eat.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me