Buy Lab Tests Online
I'm 70 and been on TRT since January. .3cc 2x a week. My HCT went from 48 to 54. I have donated blood twice during this time. I let the clinic know I was concerned about this. I was told to cut the dose to .25cc 2x a week. I really didn't see much different since I began using TRT. I don't think my T levels were ever that low around 750, I believe the went up to the 800's, I believe my binding hormone is high. I am thinking of stopping TRT, getting tired of having to worry about HCT, my feritin level was low on the last lab test. The clinic suggested eating more red meat. My primary Dr. ( doesn't know I'm on TRT) has been after me to eat less meat to lower my CHL,. Any suggestion on getting off the TRT. Does it need to be tapered off, or can it just be stopped? Thanks for any advice.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

M.J

I'm 70 and been on TRT since January. .3cc 2x a week. My HCT went from 48 to 54. I have donated blood twice during this time. I let the clinic know I was concerned about this. I was told to cut the dose to .25cc 2x a week. I really didn't see much different since I began using TRT. I don't think my T levels were ever that low around 750, I believe the went up to the 800's, I believe my binding hormone is high. I am thinking of stopping TRT, getting tired of having to worry about HCT, my feritin level was low on the last lab test. The clinic suggested eating more red meat. My primary Dr. ( doesn't know I'm on TRT) has been after me to eat less meat to lower my CHL,. Any suggestion on getting off the TRT. Does it need to be tapered off, or can it just be stopped? Thanks for any advice.

just stop and run clomid course 25 mg every day for few weeks to restart nature testosterone production, stoping without this could take time for nature testosterone to start (this is normal most people do this after trt)

running trt need an experience doctor, low ferritin can cause sleep issues (I went through this and solve it with iron supplements)
To restore ferritin eating meet is not a solution better take iron supplements+Lysine+vitamin C to increase ferritin.
You should do this under a doctor supervision.

TLawyer

That's right. That is what I experienced on Clomid. I felt absolutely fine coming off TRT cold first time. Let your body dictate what it does best-balance itself.
I am coming off cold turkey at the moment. About 4.5 weeks in. A little down mentally about weeks 2-3, but feeling better now. Honestly, feel better than when I was on TRT from a physical standpoint. TRT was giving me a dopamine rush, which is a bit missed, although I think Wellbutrin may be a better option to pursue if that's the issue.

MarcoFL

One thing I cannot emphasize enough to anyone on TRT is you need to be very intentional about hydration! I am 57 taking 150mg per week and my hematocrit never goes over 47. I usually drink the equivalent of 10-12 bottles of water. I just had a friend that does not-will not drink so he had to quit his program. Water is just so easy and fixes so many things!

Why did you start?

Were you symptomatic?

Wolverine

One thing I cannot emphasize enough to anyone on TRT is you need to be very intentional about hydration! I am 57 taking 150mg per week and my hematocrit never goes over 47. I usually drink the equivalent of 10-12 bottles of water. I just had a friend that does not-will not drink so he had to quit his program. Water is just so easy and fixes so many things!
How many ounces is that per day? I have had HCT issues and noticed that my HCT has been significantly more than 3 times my HGB (recent labs, HCT 57, HGB 17), which I believe is a sign of dehydration. Still need to bring the HGB numbers down, and have lowered my TCyp dosage to 90mg per week split equally three times in a week. I have donated blood in the past to bring the numbers down, but then tank my ferritin. Last week I started drinking a gallon of water per day. Tx

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I don’t believe I could ever drink that much water. I would never stop urinating. I drink about 5 to 6 now and I think it’s a lot.

MarcoFL

How many ounces is that per day? I have had HCT issues and noticed that my HCT has been significantly more than 3 times my HGB (recent labs, HCT 57, HCB 17), which I believe is a sign of dehydration. Still need to bring the HGB numbers down, and have lowered my TCyp dosage to 90mg per week split equally three times in a week. I have donated blood in the past to bring the numbers down, but then tank my ferritin. Last week I started drinking a gallon of water per day. Tx
one gallon is great!

S1W

I am coming off cold turkey at the moment. About 4.5 weeks in. A little down mentally about weeks 2-3, but feeling better now. Honestly, feel better than when I was on TRT from a physical standpoint. TRT was giving me a dopamine rush, which is a bit missed, although I think Wellbutrin may be a better option to pursue if that's the issue.

How old are you and how long were you on TRT?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the he
Why did you start?

Were you symptomatic?
I didn't have much in the way of the classic symptoms, suck as low energy, moody or tired all the time. My concen was I wasn't making much progress on the weights I was lifting. I have not lifted in about 10 years, but after 3+ years I couldn't get close to what I did at 60. I read about TRT on a lifting forum I belong to a thought it was worth a try. I spent 2,200 for a year long program, includes test, syringes and lab work every 3 months. I just feel the results and the possible side effects not worth the dangers. I have a blood donation scheduled for the end of July, I will continue to use the test till then I see if they will accept the donation. My next lab work is going to be in Sept.

Tman

Thanks for all the he

I didn't have much in the way of the classic symptoms, suck as low energy, moody or tired all the time. My concen was I wasn't making much progress on the weights I was lifting. I have not lifted in about 10 years, but after 3+ years I couldn't get close to what I did at 60. I read about TRT on a lifting forum I belong to a thought it was worth a try. I spent 2,200 for a year long program, includes test, syringes and lab work every 3 months. I just feel the results and the possible side effects not worth the dangers. I have a blood donation scheduled for the end of July, I will continue to use the test till then I see if they will accept the donation. My next lab work is going to be in Sept.
/
Who did you go through

One thing I cannot emphasize enough to anyone on TRT is you need to be very intentional about hydration! I am 57 taking 150mg per week and my hematocrit never goes over 47. I usually drink the equivalent of 10-12 bottles of water. I just had a friend that does not-will not drink so he had to quit his program. Water is just so easy and fixes so many things
!
Elevate Men's Health Clinic in NJ
I sure don't drink ¹
/
Who did you go through

TucsonJJ

Vince, I use it a lot and can be a hassle. I just think water is so important.
True... but watch your mineral levels if not taking a multi-mineral supplement... a gallon/day will wash out your essential minerals if not careful. Two liters/day is the common daily recommendation.

cboss

I am a Pharmacist & Biochemist Certified in Advanced Hormone Optimization through WorldLink Medical (Dr Neal Rouzier MD). Doctors (and Google) confuse Polycythemia Vera( a medical condition)with Erythrocytosis (harmless). Testosterone by injection is likely to raise hematocrit but it is HARMLESS erythrocytosis. It happens via the same exact mechanism that raises HCT when a person lives at high altitude. Do doctors tell the Himalayan Sherpas or guys who live in Denver who have HIGH HCT's to donate blood. No! Why? Because erythrocytosis is not harmful! Polycythemia Vera is different ...you will get high HCT but also high blood cells and platelets. That is dangerous.
To solve your issue, you could change to a topical testosterone...ask the doctor to order testosterone powder to be put into a hydrogel base called "Atrevis". This base outperforms all others. Absorption of testosterone is optimal and levels of well over 1000 can be reached depending on dose. The topical doesn't affect HCT. Iron levels will usually drop when men have regular phlebotomies then they wonder why they are tired...
Your doctor is many years behind if he thinks a high cholesterol number means you are at risk of a cardiovascular event but that's another topic for another day. The sex hormones are all MADE of cholesterol along with Vitamin D and some adrenal hormones. If cholesterol is too low you will not have enough starting ingredient to MAKE all these hormones!
Testosterone is very health protective and should be replaced when it is low. Optimal levels as per the medical literature are higher than traditional doctors with no or not much hormone experience or training know. Most use doses that are too low and not effective for lowering health risks which is the whole point of using it in the 1st place. It was not in your best interest for the clinic to have "cut" your dose.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me