Getting off TRT after 2 years

Buy Lab Tests Online

DragonBits

Hello all. Looking for a little guidance. I have been taking 40mg of testosterone cypionate every 3.5 days. And 300 iu e3d of hcG.

I have been trying to have kids and want to get off TRT since I have not had any luck for over 1 year. Hoping this will help.

I am given the test cyp from a Dr and the hcG from an online source. Is it safe to go cold turkey and keep doing the hcG? I don't have access to clomid as I've read that's a possibility. Can anyone recommend or guide me in this?

I assume you already had a sperm test to determine what is going on? If not, it could be your partner that has a problem.

BTW, you can actually do your own sperm testing buying the right microscope.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

KenLowT

This is a great thread, thanks for starting it. I'm strongly considering getting off TRT as well. The only reason I started TRT was to regain a libido I had lost from 20's. My pre TRT TT levels was 396 which was taken when I was 41 years old. I tried HCG monotherapy to keep my fertility which is important for me and my levels never budged, in fact it went down a few points to 383. I started TRT in May of 2018 and my libido has not budged. I feel exactly the way I did when I was on HCG monotherapy. The gym benefits have been great, but nothing otherwise. I'm getting tired of poking myself for no apparent reason.

After a while I realized that my anxiety was killing my libido so I took care of that. My thyroid is now functioning at optimal capacity and numbers are strong, but still no libido. It really does suck. At this point I'd rather stop putting these chemicals in my body if I have nothing to show for it. I have my next consult with Defy soon and I will be asking the doctor what he thinks. Fertility is really important for me, I want to have another child, but with no libido it has been next to impossible. I'm just never in the mood and it sucks. Perhaps it's because I'm way overweight, I'm trying to get myself back in shape, but that takes a while.

Most guys like me who started TRT to gain or improve libido rarely do. I'm willing to still switch to primarily HCG monotherapy since I'm already injecting 500iu's 3x per week because I remember how awful it was to go cold turkey from HCG. I had ED for a while. Any other thoughts from you guys would be great to read. Thanks.

smith721

I would try FSH injections. I stayed on TRT, but reduced test to 50 mg MWF, and first supplemented with 500iu HCG MWF. After 4 months on Test and HCG, sperm count barely increased. Added in 75iu FSH T,Th,S and after 2 months my sperm count was normal and wife is now pregnant.

KenLowT

I would try FSH injections. I stayed on TRT, but reduced test to 50 mg MWF, and first supplemented with 500iu HCG MWF. After 4 months on Test and HCG, sperm count barely increased. Added in 75iu FSH T,Th,S and after 2 months my sperm count was normal and wife is now pregnant.

Thanks for the suggestion. Congratulations on your new pregnancy. Hopefully I'll have some good news like that in the near future. I have read about FSH on prior posts so I plan to talk to the doctor about it, however my only concern with FSH is how pricey it is. I think I recall it being like $350 a pop. Still, if it works I would say it's worth it.

smith721

Thanks for the suggestion. Congratulations on your new pregnancy. Hopefully I'll have some good news like that in the near future. I have read about FSH on prior posts so I plan to talk to the doctor about it, however my only concern with FSH is how pricey it is. I think I recall it being like $350 a pop. Still, if it works I would say it's worth it.
You’re right, it was $350. But it does last for about 3 months so it stretches pretty far. You could probably even get good results on 50 iu 3x week and stretch it a little further

KenLowT

You’re right, it was $350. But it does last for about 3 months so it stretches pretty far. You could probably even get good results on 50 iu 3x week and stretch it a little further
Well it won't help with libido though, but at least it'll help me remain fertile. That darn libido though, will I ever crack this mystery?

James

Quit cold turkey a few years back. I felt fine (not great, not bad), and my numbers went pretty much to where they were pre TRT. Numbers never went lower than baseline, which is what I was expecting.

KenLowT

Quit cold turkey a few years back. I felt fine (not great, not bad), and my numbers went pretty much to where they were pre TRT. Numbers never went lower than baseline, which is what I was expecting.
Why did you quit? Did you start for libido as well?

James

Why did you quit? Did you start for libido as well?
I quit because of terrible E2 symptoms. Low-dose AI proved to be a lifesaver for me. My libido was always good, but I originally started because my numbers were low, I had low energy, and about 3 years prior somehow became much weaker n the gym.

Robotics

how were able to get a prescription for fsh, did you go through your gp, a fertility clinic? what country are you in?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me