Getting Insurance After Being on Self Administered TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

KJ8888

I've been on TRT for about three years now. Unfortunately I came into financial difficulties immediately after going on TRT. I have gotten routine blood work on my own, but have not consulted with any doctors, nor have any health insurance. I am now looking to work with a doctor and also get health insurance. My main question is, what should I be aware of when getting health insurance after self prescribing testosterone for so long? Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but it seems a bit of a sticky issue. Not really expecting TRT to be covered by new insurance, but just looking how to go about this to have proper health insurance. I'm sure there's a fair share of men out there that have gone through this before. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

As far as getting insurance to cover TRT you would first need two tests confirming low-T and if you didn't have any of the relevant lab work, you would need to cease TRT and get the tests to confirm low-T.

Markee

I don't know what insurance you have but I'm on Obama care. I've had 3 different insurance companies through the years and all of them paid and pay for any and all my blood work ordered by any doctor and also pay for my script for Test and Anastrozole none will pay for HCG.

RobertCollapse

There aren't many men that have gone through what you're dealing with at the moment. One of the most important things to do when taking testosterone is to consult a doctor on a regular basis, in order to keep your health in a good shape. The best advice I could give you is to go check your health and discuss with your doctor about the health insurance options available at the moment. After that, if you're not pleased with the information you get from your doctor, check all the medicare supplement plans available online and choose your Medicare supplement plan for 2022 in advance, just to have it cleared out in your checklist.

Last edited:

primalman

OP, I successfully self-administered for years even with insurance, but didn't use it. $42 for 1 10mL vial with GoodRx. I now have a doctor and still use GoodRx instead of insurance. I too did all the blood work on my own. Now my insurance pays for some of the blood work. Maybe you can do something similar...

DragonBits

OP, I successfully self-administered for years even with insurance, but didn't use it. $42 for 1 10mL vial with GoodRx. I now have a doctor and still use GoodRx instead of insurance. I too did all the blood work on my own. Now my insurance pays for some of the blood work. Maybe you can do something similar...
You still needed a doctor to write a script for testosterone. generally that's the hard part.

DragonBits

I've been on TRT for about three years now. Unfortunately I came into financial difficulties immediately after going on TRT. I have gotten routine blood work on my own, but have not consulted with any doctors, nor have any health insurance. I am now looking to work with a doctor and also get health insurance. My main question is, what should I be aware of when getting health insurance after self prescribing testosterone for so long? Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but it seems a bit of a sticky issue. Not really expecting TRT to be covered by new insurance, but just looking how to go about this to have proper health insurance. I'm sure there's a fair share of men out there that have gone through this before. Thanks!
Yes, you seem to overthinking it.

If you aren't expecting insurance to cover TRT, then what do you imagine is the problem?

It would be nice if your doctor supported your need for TRT, but it's not critical for the doctor to agree with your decision.

f16doc_FitMD

This is very good advice. I am a physician who prescribes a lot of testosterone. I use GoodRx for instead of insurance for my prescription so that I can get a 10 ml vial for around the same price point you note (actually currently $36 in my area). I find this very useful for my patients when either insurance won't cover (as in my Medicaid patient's who are androgen deficient but not necessarily hypogonadal by definition) or who prefer to get the larger vial. In general, a good commercial insurance policy will cover the script even for my androgen deficient patient's for a copay that is even less than with GoodRx but they often are limited to getting only a 3 month supply (insurance rule rather than state controlled substance rule) at a time.

hrusselvets

Choosing medical insurance is very difficult; I recommend considering your medical needs and how much insurance can cover the costs of your treatment.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me