Generic Adderall Users...

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaveK22

I was recently prescribed Adderall (generic name Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine) and my Primary said within 1 day I should feel it's effects. On Day 3, I have felt zero difference.

I looked into the generic brand that I was given and it is from Aurolife Pharma. The Google review on this company are horrible & many negative reviews are about their Adderall being junk. One reviewer even called it "poison" which was probably an exaggeration to make their point. I also found a warning letter from FDA on them too.

That's enough for me so I will need to look into switching generic brands. Next refill I will call pharmacy first to inquire what brand they currently prescribe based on the dose ordered by my Dr. I saw one reference to "Teva" brand being good but who knows.

Can anyone using this med give a recommendation on a good quality generic brand? Per my Dr. I'm starting at 10mg 2x day. My Dr did not want to start with XR.

Here is some links which makes me question Aurolife Pharma brand...
Google reviews
FDA Warning Letter

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

I am not on adderrall, but the the situation with generic psychoactive meds is totally out of control.

I am on ambien/benzos for sleep and find that some generics work, while others don't. I literally have to chew my current generic "slow release ambien" to make the active ingredient release, otherwise it does not work at all. The problem is not that it doesn't contain the active, but that the excipients/fillers do not release the active properly.

Many generics are made by Indian companies and while FDA requires testing of the original brand formulation for effectiveness, it doesn't test the generic formulations for effectiveness, and I doubt the Indian companies do that testing. The result is generic formulations mixed with ingredients that do not release the active properly and have diminished effectiveness.

DaveK22

I am not on adderrall, but the the situation with generic psychoactive meds is totally out of control.

I am on ambien/benzos for sleep and find that some generics work, while others don't. I literally have to chew my current generic "slow release ambien" to make the active ingredient release, otherwise it does not work at all. The problem is not that it doesn't contain the active, but that the excipients/fillers do not release the active properly.

Many generics are made by Indian companies and while FDA requires testing of the original brand formulation for effectiveness, it doesn't test the generic formulations for effectiveness, and I doubt the Indian companies do that testing. The result is generic formulations mixed with ingredients that do not release the active properly and have diminished effectiveness.
I hear ya but the generic I'm referring to is based in NJ.

sammmy

No matter who the manufacturer is, generic formulas with their ingredients do not require testing and prove of effectiveness. It is just assumed that they work the same as the brand formula because they contain the same active ingredient. Reality shows otherwise. I constantly read patient reviews on psychoactive ingredients and they always claim some generics do not work as well as others.

I've experienced that firsthand with zolpidem (generic Ambien) and temazepam (generic benzo for sleep). Last time I requested a specific generic temazepam that I know works better than the other generic. The pharmacy made the request but could not deliver it, so I had to fill in the bad generic. I will complain about the particular generic to FDA but nothing will change.

DaveK22

I had a one on one consult with a CVS Pharmacist. She said that Teva or Sandoz are both generic brands she says they use a lot with no complaints.

I will give an update once I get switched over to one of those.

DFL

If you’re not feeling 10mg it’s probably crap. I get Amphetamine Salts at CVS and 10mg will make me very productive and energetic for 4 hours. I can clearly feel it come on after around 20 minutes.

Edit: One warning, for me it decreases my sex drive and causes anorgasmia. I have to stop it 2 days before a nice weekend with my girl, therefore I don’t take it very often any more. May not be the same for you of course.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching