Freezing HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

PAUL-E

Sorry if this is a dumb question but a few member on here mentioned they preload there HCG syringe and freeze them my question is since water expands do you leave a little are in the syringe as well or dose the plunger just push out itself? and how long do you put the syringe in the refrigerated to thaw before injection?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

As long as the syringe is not 100% full the expansion would not push the plunger out. With HCG dosing of, just for example, 500 IU mixed normally, that is going to be half full on a 1ml syringe so plenty of expansion room.

That's my experience too. The effect is not noticeable with the plastic insulin syringes.

Thawing: I don't freeze these days but when I did I would just take one from the freezer and hold it in my hand, put in my pocket, or lay it on the counter for a few minutes. That's all it takes.

davidrn

I have increased my Hcg dosing recently,(to 900iu/week) but when I was using 700iu a week, I reconstitution the 10,000iu vial, and drew up half the vial (5ml) into a 10 ml syringe, pulled about an ml of air in, and froze it in my freezer for a month or two. Then I defrosted it, and returned it to the original vial for individual doses. No problems with this system.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
From another thread (by Shaun Noorian):

Dr Justin Saya is correct: "Once reconstituted, the general recommendation is to NOT freeze, however damage to the peptide likely increases proportional to the number of freeze-thaw cycles. In other words, if you are keeping it to only ONE freeze-thaw cycle there should be far less potential damage to the peptide than for more/repetitive freeze-thaw cycles."

Once you reconstitute the HCG it's recommended to refrigerate, not freeze it. Freezing is unnecessary as HCG is stable under refrigeration for up to 60 days after reconstitution.

It is not recommended to refrigerate or freeze Testosterone Cypionate as it is a supersaturated solution. Decreasing a solution's temperature decreases its solubility. This will cause the Testosterone Cypionate to precipitate out of solution.

Forty2

NEVER freeze reconstituted HCG as it destroys the HCG molecule rendering it useless.

It's okay to freeze un-reconstituted HCG for up to 24 months but never after it's been reconstituted.

Read this: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?3492-How-to-care-for-and-store-your-HCG-(or-any-peptide)
Are you sure this is true? I've read many posts on other forums from guys who have frozen their reconstituted hCG and reported no subjective loss in potency.
What do other members here think about freezing reconstituted hCG?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but a few member on here mentioned they preload there HCG syringe and freeze them my question is since water expands do you leave a little are in the syringe as well or dose the plunger just push out itself? and how long do you put the syringe in the refrigerated to thaw before injection?

Thanks
NEVER Freeze ANY peptide after reconstitution.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
In my experience there's minimal loss of potency in one freeze-thaw cycle with the peptides I use. Peptide Sciences has a page on the subject. Most relevant:

Reconstituted (Mixed)
Short term - Peptide solutions generally remain stable up to 30 days when stored in the refrigerator at 4C (39F) depending on the length of the peptide sequence and its inherent
instability factors.
Long term - If peptides absolutely must be stored in solution, sterile buffers at pH 5-6 should be used if possible, and the peptide solution should be separated into aliquots to avoid repeated freezing and thawing. Freezing at -80C (-112F) is optimal in order to preserve the peptide's
stability.

Another tip for putting hCG and peptides in the freezer is to first place them in an insulated bag or small cooler along with several ice packs. This buffers against defrosting and short power outages.

In my experience there's minimal loss of potency in one freeze-thaw cycle with the peptides I use. Peptide Sciences has a page on the subject. Most relevant:

Reconstituted (Mixed)
Short term - Peptide solutions generally remain stable up to 30 days when stored in the refrigerator at 4C (39F) depending on the length of the peptide sequence and its inherent
instability factors.
Long term - If peptides absolutely must be stored in solution, sterile buffers at pH 5-6 should be used if possible, and the peptide solution should be separated into aliquots to avoid repeated freezing and thawing. Freezing at -80C (-112F) is optimal in order to preserve the peptide's
stability.

Another tip for putting hCG and peptides in the freezer is to first place them in an insulated bag or small cooler along with several ice packs. This buffers against defrosting and short power outages.
Good read and education thanks !!

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Good read and education thanks !!
I see your site says something similar:

Storage of peptides in solution
Peptides in solution are less stable than their lyophilized counterparts. It is recommended to aliquot peptide solutions before freezing them to avoid thaw-refreeze cycles, which can damage peptides. Solution stability depends on the type of solvent, the pH (pH 5-7 is considered as optimal), and the amino acid sequence. Peptides containing Asn, Gln, Cys, Met, Trp or Tyr tend to be less stable. Stock solutions of peptides are best prepared in dry (anhydride) organic solvents to avoid premature hydrolysis. The stability of the aliquots may range from weeks to months. What is globally accepted for peptides in solution is that they are generally stable for 1-2 weeks at +39°F, for 3-4 months at -4°F, and for 1 year at -112°F.

I see your site says something similar:

Storage of peptides in solution
Peptides in solution are less stable than their lyophilized counterparts. It is recommended to aliquot peptide solutions before freezing them to avoid thaw-refreeze cycles, which can damage peptides. Solution stability depends on the type of solvent, the pH (pH 5-7 is considered as optimal), and the amino acid sequence. Peptides containing Asn, Gln, Cys, Met, Trp or Tyr tend to be less stable. Stock solutions of peptides are best prepared in dry (anhydride) organic solvents to avoid premature hydrolysis. The stability of the aliquots may range from weeks to months. What is globally accepted for peptides in solution is that they are generally stable for 1-2 weeks at +39°F, for 3-4 months at -4°F, and for 1 year at -112°F.
It does and that is the universally agreed thought, I am one who sides on the conservative side and it is my thought the freezing process damages the HCG as it molecule rendering it less effective. Most things frozen get damaged, do not see why this would be any different.

L

loadtear

Ok, I see your point, great read and education, thank you agin!

I guess the next question is how do you do it? I know from my ICU medical experience and background that you should never freeze a syringe. So if one breaks it down into aliquots what would you store it in?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me