For those that do not benefit from TRT alone: Is growth hormone an option?

Buy Lab Tests Online

broker

Just read an article about a guy who was a bit low in testosterone. Thyroid was fine and was in ok shape but had low T. Doc prescribed T injections which helped libido but still had low energy despite his T levels now being 785 opposed to his natural level of 326. His free T was also in a good range. Rather than increase the dose, his doc decided to check his GH ( growth hormone ) levels and it was low. He was then precribed a very small dose of gh which got him very slightly above “ mid range” and his energy and mood improved dramatically. Again, his gh levels are now just a tad above mid range.
Have to wonder if many guys here who complain T isnt helping are actually experiencing low GH levels in conjunction with low T ???

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

So you are spot on, and you’re missing the boat, all at the same time lol. Just like testosterone isn’t a panacea, growth hormone isn’t either. What this man’s story is actually telling us, is that the body works as an entire unit, and that it’s very difficult to feel optimal by just optimizing one hormone deficiency. So in this man’s case, he needed to optimize both growth hormone and testosterone to feel optimal. Some men just have a testosterone deficiency. Some men have low testosterone and are hypothyroid. But moral of the story, and specifically this man’s story, you have to correct all hormone deficiencies to feel good. You can’t only correct one, and leave other hormones deficient. The body doesn’t work like that. So if this man was to correct his growth hormone first, and do nothing about his testosterone, he would feel much worse than he does now. Correcting both is what dramatically improved things for him, not the growth hormone specifically.

Gman86

I don't know much about GH. What would be good normal levels of IGF-1 and IGF-BP3?

Just like with any hormone, you want it in the upper part of the range, or slightly above. The specific numbers would depend on the lab you had draw your blood. As we know, ranges can vary, depending on which lab you use.

Charliebizz

Just like with any hormone, you want it in the upper part of the range, or slightly above. The specific numbers would depend on the lab you had draw your blood. As we know, ranges can vary, depending on which lab you use.
Is this a fact or just an assumption ? Everyone is different. Some people function fine mid to low in the range. So always aiming for a high normal number seems silly to me.

I would work more toward symptom relief then the actual number.

fifty

How many of us “don’t benefit from trt” because of a rough patch in our lives? If we were on a long Tahiti vacation then our protocols would probably work better.

captain

Many go through a rough patch with the doctor that put them on TRT. Then they move on to a doctor that can help them. By this time many have a mental problem cause by the first doctor.;)

broker

Average range for GH levels in adult males is .4 - 10 ng/ ml..
Like T, which has a normal range of 300 - 900, a level of 350 is low for a 50 year old so i would suspect with Gh, a level of 4 or higher is optimal. To me, Gh could be dangerous so a doc would need to tread lightly when prescribing. I would think a gh level between 4-7 would be optimal.

Charliebizz

Average range for GH levels in adult males is .4 - 10 ng/ ml..
Like T, which has a normal range of 300 - 900, a level of 350 is low for a 50 year old so i would suspect with Gh, a level of 4 or higher is optimal. To me, Gh could be dangerous so a doc would need to tread lightly when prescribing. I would think a gh level between 4-7 would be optimal.
Who’s to say 350 is low for a 50 year old. What if he feels fine and isn’t symptomatic. I would assume that is a good level for that said person. This number game drives me nuts

Gman86

Is this a fact or just an assumption ? Everyone is different. Some people function fine mid to low in the range. So always aiming for a high normal number seems silly to me.

I would work more toward symptom relief then the actual number.

Very good point! I’d have to agree with you completely on this. I mean, just look at the guy in the original example, he’s feeling amazing with his growth hormone just above mid range.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me