Following Up- Blood tesf results. 28M

Buy Lab Tests Online

Seanc34

Hi All,

Following up from my last post. I'm a 28M for reference. Got my blood work back and have an appointment with defy and also a local urologist next week. This panel was ordered via defy. Below are some highlights, if you want me to add anything let me know. Test was taken at aroun 7:15AM.

Highlights:

Total T: 439 ng/dl, range 264-916.

Free t: 12.1 pg/ml, range 9.3-26.5.

PSA: 0.3 pg/ml, range 0.0-4.0

Estradiol: 19.2 pg/ml, range 8.0-35.0

SHBG: 30.0 nmol/L, range 16.5-55.9

LH was 6.8, range of 1.7-8.6.

Estradiol was 19.2, range 8-35.0

Overall this is my third t-test, all showing similar levels ranging from 395-439 total. Symptoms are ED, very fatigued, low motivation, etc. As my previous posted mentioned, doc have tried treating these symptoms over the years with other drugs such as xanax, lexapro and adderall. It felt like these were all bandaids and not solutions. I know TRT isn't a magic bullet and won't solve everything. I scheduled with defy and also a urologist to get a second opinion. I know its normal range but what about for a 28 male?

Sounds like defy will treat me with these levels, but wanted to follow up if anyone else here is of similar age and levels. Was thinking about trying clomid, any advice here?

I want to have kids with my fiance in the next 3 years, so ill go on hcg. Also, ill have my semen frozen and stored at a local facility just in case.

Attachments

• 20200704_063217.jpg
    20200704_063217.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200705_171003.jpg
    20200705_171003.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 73
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jcmaxwell

Before you make any decision to begin treatment at age 28, you need to run a valid free Testosterone (fT) test. The gold standard is the Equilibrium Dialysis assay; another alternative is Equilibrium Ultrafiltration, which is less expensive but correlates very well with Equilibrium Dialysis. The fT test ordered by Defy is the inexpensive Direct Immunoassay test, which has been discredited by top researchers. It is known to be completely inaccurate and does not correlate with any other testosterone test. (You could be mid-range on an Equilibrium Dialysis assay but 20 percent below the low end reference range on a Direct Immunoassay test.) I recently posted the following:

"In fact, Direct Immunoassay fT has been completed discredited over the last 20 years. William Rosner wrote a scathing Letter to the Editor (July 2001, Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism) entitled, 'An Extraordinarily Inaccurate Assay for Free Testosterone is Still with Us'. He cited the work of Vermeulen and others demonstrating that Direct Immunoassay fT 'is seriously inaccurate, underestimating its concentration by many-fold.'"

Last edited:

Seanc34

Before you make any decision to begin treatment at age 28, you need to run a valid free Testosterone (fT) test. The gold standard is the Equilibrium Dialysis assay; another alternative is Equilibrium Ultrafiltration, which is less expensive but correlates very well with Equilibrium Dialysis. The fT test ordered by Defy is the inexpensive Direct Immunoassay test, which has been discredited by top researchers. It is known to be completely inaccurate and does not correlate with any other testosterone test. (You could be mid-range on an Equilibrium Dialysis assay but 20 percent below the low end reference range on a Direct Immunoassay test.) I recently posted the following:

"In fact, Direct Immunoassay fT has been completed discredited over the last 20 years. William Rosner wrote a scathing Letter to the Editor (July 2001, Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism) entitled, 'An Extraordinarily Inaccurate Assay for Free Testosterone is Still with Us'. He cited the work of Vermeulen and others demonstrating that Direct Immunoassay fT 'is seriously inaccurate, underestimating its concentration by many-fold.'"

Wow thanks for the valuable information. I have an appointment with a urologist next week and will ask to have this test run, hopefully my insurance will cover it.

fifty

Before you make any decision to begin treatment at age 28, you need to run a valid free Testosterone (fT) test. The gold standard is the Equilibrium Dialysis assay; another alternative is Equilibrium Ultrafiltration, which is less expensive but correlates very well with Equilibrium Dialysis. The fT test ordered by Defy is the inexpensive Direct Immunoassay test, which has been discredited by top researchers.
Or you could just use this: TruT Free Testosterone Calculator by FPT

RLW

For me it would be a tough call based on your age. I had very similar numbers to you when I started but I was 39 and already had kids. That was 3 years ago and it's been amazing for me.

Whatever you do you need a new doctor. The fact that you had ED, fatigue, and low motivation and your doctor put you on Xanax, is downright criminal.

Seanc34

For me it would be a tough call based on your age. I had very similar numbers to you when I started but I was 39 and already had kids. That was 3 years ago and it's been amazing for me.

Whatever you do you need a new doctor. The fact that you had ED, fatigue, and low motivation and your doctor put you on Xanax, is downright criminal.

Thansk for the response! I started clomid four days ago at the recommendation of my urologist and aldo defy medical. Hoping for good results!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me