Flaxseed milk and Phytoestrogens

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nomad

Well, long story short... I switched to flaxseed milk a month ago for the extra 3000mg omega 3’s daily.... been having a really bad acne breakout for about two weeks. In the past I learned high e2 gives me horrible acne... looks like I’m switching back to regular or almond milk.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I've never used flaxseed or flaxseed milk. I have read though that it can increase estrogen in men. I'm wondering if it's having that effect on you.

Nomad

I've never used flaxseed or flaxseed milk. I have read though that it can increase estrogen in men. I'm wondering if it's having that effect on you.

most definitely. My skin goes to shit with high estrogens. It tasted really good in protein shakes too. Really considering the accutane route so I don’t have to watch this stuff in the future. Was a really easy 3-5k omega 3’d added to my diet.

xqfq

Blackhawk

Not sure if you know about bioavailability for omega 3 from flax. There are several forms of Omega 3s. Plant based forms are ALA (alpha linolenic acid). ALA needs to be broken down into EPA and DHA to be bioavailable. This conversion is not very efficient compared to taking/eating Omega 3 already in EPA and DHA form. Also, presence of LA (Omega 6) further impairs conversion of ALA.

Can adults adequately convert alpha-linolenic acid (18:3n-3) to eicosapentaenoic acid (20:5n-3) and docosahexaenoic acid (22:6n-3)? - PubMed - NCBI

DHA/EPA Omega-3 Institute - Conversion Efficiency of ALA to DHA in Humans

There appears to still be debate over benefits or how much DHA and EPA are desirable. They each have different benefits physiologically. Both EPA and DHA are plentiful in fish oils and directly bioavailable. Algae sources contain DHA.

My personal take on it is that eating some flax here and there is not a big deal, but excess is questionable. I also take some fish oil daily.

Nomad

Not sure if you know about bioavailability for omega 3 from flax. There are several forms of Omega 3s. Plant based forms are ALA (alpha linolenic acid). ALA needs to be broken down into EPA and DHA to be bioavailable. This conversion is not very efficient compared to taking/eating Omega 3 already in EPA and DHA form. Also, presence of LA (Omega 6) further impairs conversion of ALA.

Can adults adequately convert alpha-linolenic acid (18:3n-3) to eicosapentaenoic acid (20:5n-3) and docosahexaenoic acid (22:6n-3)? - PubMed - NCBI

DHA/EPA Omega-3 Institute - Conversion Efficiency of ALA to DHA in Humans

There appears to still be debate over benefits or how much DHA and EPA are desirable. They each have different benefits physiologically. Both EPA and DHA are plentiful in fish oils and directly bioavailable. Algae sources contain DHA.

My personal take on it is that eating some flax here and there is not a big deal, but excess is questionable. I also take some fish oil daily.

i had no idea, thank you. I’m going back to fish oil and buying higher end pills this time and hopefully won’t get the fish burps.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me