Fish Oil Recommendations

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
what is more important DHA or EPA? and is there a brand I should check out? HDL and LDL out of range low.

Both are important and the best way to obtain such would be from oily fish such as salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel, trout as you would also be getting quality protein let alone micronutrients/antioxidants.

If you prefer the supplementation route then you could purchase a seed oil that contains a balance of omega 3/6 such as Udo's Oil or Hemp which is made up of the essential fatty acids linoleic acid (omega 6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3) which your body will convert to EPA/DHA.

Many would prefer to consume fish oil (mainly omega 3) which is made up of EPA/DHA.

Carlson makes a high-quality fish/cod liver oil but there are numerous products to choose from.

Many other members can chime in on what brands they prefer when it comes to supplementation.

DixieWrecked

Both are important and the best way to obtain such would be from oily fish such as salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel, trout as you would also be getting quality protein let alone micronutrients/antioxidants.

If you prefer the supplementation route then you could purchase a seed oil that contains a balance of omega 3/6 such as Udo's Oil or Hemp which is made up of the essential fatty acids linoleic acid (omega 6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3) which your body will convert to EPA/DHA.

Many would prefer to consume fish oil (mainly omega 3) which is made up of EPA/DHA.

Carlson makes a high-quality fish/cod liver oil but there are numerous products to choose from.

Many other members can chime in on what brands they prefer when it comes to supplementation.

Virtually no one in the developed world should be supplementing with more Omega 6s. We are already getting a boatload of seed oils in our diet.

madman

Super Moderator
Virtually no one in the developed world should be supplementing with more Omega 6s. We are already getting a boatload of seed oils in our diet.

Of course, most are taking in way too many Omega 6 but there are also many who are strict with fat intake when it comes to diet and a balance of Omega 3/6 is needed.

Hope you understand that there are many on the other end of the spectrum who follow higher carbohydrate (low GL/GI), moderate protein, low-fat diets, and these are the same individuals that are prone to developing a deficiency in EFAs (3/6).

DixieWrecked

Of course, most are taking in way too many Omega 6 but there are also many who are strict with fat intake when it comes to diet and a balance of Omega 3/6 is needed.

Hope you understand that there are many on the other end of the spectrum who follow higher carbohydrate (low GL/GI), moderate protein, low-fat diets, and these are the same individuals that are prone to developing a deficiency in EFAs (3/6).

The fats in the Western Diet are causing an imbalance of omega3/Omega6. Even healthy fats like olive oil or avocado create an imbalance in favor of Omega6s. I'm not saying its impossible that someone is Omega 6 deficient but the number of people that are is so small its negligible and the seed oils that companies sell as health foods are just manufacturing bi-products. For someone to go out of their way to consume more omega 6, they would have to basically be starving.

madman

Super Moderator
The fats in the Western Diet are causing an imbalance of omega3/Omega6. Even healthy fats like olive oil or avocado create an imbalance in favor of Omega6s. I'm not saying its impossible that someone is Omega 6 deficient but the number of people that are is so small its negligible and the seed oils that companies sell as health foods are just manufacturing bi-products. For someone to go out of their way to consume more omega 6, they would have to basically be starving.

Most definitely but it comes down to the individual and what type of diet they are following.

For those consuming minimal fats, a balance of EFAs is critical and yes there is such a thing as too much Omega 3s.

Golfboy307

I am fairly allergic to fish, shell fish etc so really can't easily take fish oil capsules or consume seafood. What else would you recommend? My understanding is that flax seed oil etc contains little of Omega 3's (as mentioned above about 6's).

Anything I can do to boost my Omega 3?

Vince

Super Moderator
I am fairly allergic to fish, shell fish etc so really can't easily take fish oil capsules or consume seafood. What else would you recommend? My understanding is that flax seed oil etc contains little of Omega 3's (as mentioned above about 6's).

I’ve never really researched it. But I would look into walnuts for omega 3.

madman

Super Moderator

Flaxseed oil is the richest source but keep in mind balance is key and depending on whether you rely on the PARENT OILS alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3)/linoleic acid (omega 6) or the PHYSIOLOGICAL EFAs (EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), AA (arachidonic acid) that large amounts are not needed.

Masterjohn considers DHA and AA the most important source of physiological EFAs.

Too many go overkill when it comes to supplementation of Omega 3s whether using the parent oils or physiological essential fatty acids.

Take-home point at 4:35

madman

Super Moderator
I stated previously that there is such a thing as consuming too much Omega 3 when using the supplementation route and balance is KEY!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me