First time shallow IM. More painful than deep IM?

Buy Lab Tests Online

krm

Hi guys, I usually do "deep" IM (with a roughly 20mm / 6/8" needle in 25G) into my quads. I do this ED, alternating between 16 sites (2 "lines" of 4 spots in the "available middle outer third" of each quad). Never any issues, little bit of a sting when entering (I do it slowly) but apart from a little soreness, no PIP.

Yesterday, I tried shallow IM for the first time with a 1/2", 29G needle. hit it right in real quick (as the needle is so short, wasn't worried about hitting any nerves/veins). Virtually painless. Great!

A few days later, this injection turned out to be the most "painful" so far (painful being relative to other injections). It's a shart pain in the injection site everytime I move my leg, it hurts when putting pressure on the spot, and it's overall "uncomfortable".

Given that I never had this with "deep" IM (20+mm), I was wondering whether I just hit a shallow nerve or something and it's just bad luck that this is on my first "shallow IM" injection? Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I also inject with an Easy Touch 29g 1/2"syringe. I never inject in the quad, it does get sore for me there. I only inject in my shoulders and ventorgluteal

mooseman109

I ise same needles as vince, i do quads twice a week. Most of the time no issue. A couple of times i must have hit a nerve as it smarted a bit. I have problems with shoilders, i just dont think i get relaxed enough there

Everyone has a post site reaction like this from time-to-time, it's a minor problem and as long as you're monitoring for infection, it's otherwise benign. A good vigorous rub and hold some pressure on the spot after removal can help post site reactions.

fifty

I don’t think a .5” vs a 20mm is going to help you avoid veins. Most of those are on the surface. I would chalk it up to a different injection style Stabbing vs pushing

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me