First Labs After TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hello Guys...

So this is where I stand with 150mg subq ethanate divided into two doses weekly.

This is pre and post trt in orange.
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 12.11.33 PM.png

Free test seems a little low to me, libido is OK and I feel great, but wonder if I could be better!

Only had sensitive nipples that started "protuding" like little cones but that has gotten better this week. No Acne.

Used to get the cold frequently now it does not happen, I am more open, social and have greater outlook in life.

Thanks
JC

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Free test seems a little low to me, libido is OK and I feel great, but wonder if I could be better!
You more than likely have high SHBG given your high Total T and subpar Free T. You need to bump up your dosage.

You’ll more than likely have to get the Total T above 1000 ng/dL to get the Free T to the top 25 percentile.

The Free T is the more important bio marker for measuring success on TRT.

We have a thread with a poll for at what Free T levels our members feel best->

At what Free T level do you feel optimal?
Only had sensitive nipples that started "protuding" like little cones but that has gotten better this week.
This was most likely fluid retention.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Hello Guys...

So this is where I stand with 150mg subq ethanate divided into two doses weekly.

This is pre and post trt in orange.
View attachment 26356

Only had sensitive nipples that started "protuding" like little cones but that has gotten better this week. No Acne.

Used to get the cold frequently now it does not happen, I am more open, social and have greater outlook in life.

Thanks
JC

You started therapy on Oct.9th and had bloodwork done on Oct.26th (17 days later).

You have not even reached a steady state yet!

Bloodwork was done too soon and your T levels are still increasing as hormones are in FLUX.

When using esterified TC/TE it will take 4-6 weeks for blood levels to stabilize due to the half-life of the ester.

Blood work should be done at the 6 weeks mark and you want to test at the true trough (lowest point).

Seeing as you are injecting twice weekly (75 mg T every 3.5 days) then blood work would be done 84 hrs after your last injection.

Say if you were injecting Monday am and Thursday pm then you would have blood work done Monday morning just before your next injection.

Have no clue when you tested and seeing as you had bloodwork done too early then your TT/FT/estradiol levels will be higher once you reach a steady state.

When it comes to lab work it is critical to use the most accurate assays TT/estradiol (LC-MS/MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

Keep in mind that although TT is important your FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of T responsible for the positive effects.

Looking over your labs you most likely used the standard immunoassays for TT, FT, and estradiol.

Would not put too much weight behind where FT level truly sits unless you had it tested using an accurate assay.

Sure there is a good chance you may have highish/high SHBG but unfortunately, you never had it tested.

Critical markers TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG, RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit, and PSA.

Definitely would not increase your dose and would have your levels retested using the most accurate assays once you reach steady-state.

No point in testing LH/FSH as your hpta will be shut down.

I am sorry I made a mistake in the Excel file I started TRT in September 10th… so exactly 6.5 weeks passed when first labs…

Bloodwork was done 48 hours after Monday’s injection.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
I am sorry I made a mistake in the Excel file I started TRT in September 10th… so exactly 6.5 weeks passed when first labs…

Bloodwork was done 48 hours after Monday’s injection.

It's okay no apology needed s**t happens!

As you can see you are hitting a high-end TT 831 ng/dL with FT on the lower-end 48 hrs post-injection and seeing as this would not be true trough (84 hrs post-injection) then your levels would have been lower.

Again we have no idea where your FT level truly sits as you most likely never had it tested using an accurate assay (ED/UF).

If anything I would retest your TT/FT using an accurate assay to see where your FT level truly sits before jacking up your dose.

Just make sure to test at the true trough (84 hrs post-injection).

If you just want to up your dose and retest in 4-6 weeks then do what you feel is best for you.

I would rather test using accurate assays before tweaking my protocol.

You can use Nelson's discountedlabs.

Labcorp is also an option.

It's okay no apology needed s**t happens!

As you can see you are hitting a high-end TT 831 ng/dL with FT on the lower-end 48 hrs post-injection and seeing as this would not be true trough (84 hrs post-injection) then your levels would have been lower.

Again we have no idea where your FT level truly sits as you most likely never had it tested using an accurate assay (ED/UF).

If anything I would retest your TT/FT using an accurate assay to see where your FT level truly sits before jacking up your dose.

Just make sure to test at the true trough (84 hrs post-injection).

If you just want to up your dose and retest in 4-6 weeks then do what you feel is best for you.

I would rather test using accurate assays before tweaking my protocol.

You can use Nelson's discountedlabs.

Labcorp is also an option.

Thanks Madman!

So what levels are we generally shooting of peaks and vallleys of TT and FT?

Thanks!
JC

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale