I think I'm a candidate for TRT, but thyroid results confuse me

Buy Lab Tests Online

cookman

Hey guys

New member here but I've been following the group on fb for awhile now. I have an upcoming consultation with Dr Saya in the next few weeks but I'm pretty anxious on seeing what's wrong with my labs. Seems my test is low, prolactin high which explains the libido issues. The thing that eludes me is the Thyroid results, it's hypothyroid but do I look like I'd have hashimotos?

I posted 2021 lab results and ones from 2018. I did test for a bit in 2018 but the cystic acne was insanely gross, as in growing 3 giant white heads, along with terrible shoulder and chest acne. I'm willing to give it a shot now and try to control that.

I'd appreciate the help on what you guys are seeing with these results? Planning on doing keto + Fasting for attempt at preventing diabetes due to my levels being close to prediabetic. I am going to add more iron, b12 and supplement vitamin d3 + k2 as per results

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2021 Lab part 1.png
    2021 Lab part 1.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 2021 Lab part 2.png
    2021 Lab part 2.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 2018 lab part 1.png
    2018 lab part 1.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 2018 lab part 2.png
    2018 lab part 2.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The first thing I would do is to look deeper at why your TSH is so high. Are you taking iodine?

If you are not on iodine, then I would run this panel:

Hopefully, you don't have Hashimoto's disease.

Your ferritin is very high also. Your testosterone is on the low side but that may improve if you treat your hypothyroidism first.

Systemlord

TRT isn't expected to show good results in those with thyroid problems and am going to echo what Nelson suggested, treat the thyroid first.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I did test for a bit in 2018 but the cystic acne was insanely gross, as in growing 3 giant white heads, along with terrible shoulder and chest acne.

I am also concerned about your acne issues. They may get worse on TRT.
Do you consume a lot of milk products, whey protein, chocolate, and sugary drinks?

cookman

The first thing I would do is to look deeper at why your TSH is so high. Are you taking iodine?

If you are not on iodine, then I would run this panel:

Hopefully, you don't have Hashimoto's disease.

Your ferritin is very high also. Your testosterone is on the low side but that may improve if you treat your hypothyroidism first.
Thanks for the insight,

No iodine, only thing I can think of is iodine fortified salt? I read that's a thing, not sure if my salt has that or it even does anything. I too idodine supplements a few times but I'd say less than 8 capsules. Never took the whole bottle given to me by a physician a few years back.

I believe I had the comprehensive exam done as I told Defy that I'd like to rule out hashimotos.

Looking at the labs I see :
Thyroid Peroxidase TPO Ab: 9 Iu/ML Reference 0-34
Thyroglobulin Antibody: <1.00 IU/ml Reference 0 - .09
Free T3 : 4.1 pg / ML Reference 2.0 - 4.4
Reverse T3: 17.2 ng / dL Reference 9.2-24.1
Free T4 : 1.1 ng / dL Reference .82 - 1.77
TSH 7.05 uIU/mL Reference .450 - 4.5

I read on two pub med studies that ferretin were high in covid patients but I believe it's only during infection as one article mentions. I don't have hyperferratinimenia but I had a rough time with covid about two months back, oxygen was low at 85-90 causing me to wake up gasping for air, lasted two weeks of intense fluxations. Lost 20 lbs, and currently I have eczema (never had it) on my face, along with more body pains. I always had digestion issues and we've been looking to rule out any auto immune issues but no tests done yet. The virus jacked me up, even now it feels my breathing capacity isn't the same.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am sorry to hear about your COVID experience. My sister had it two months ago and she still feels tired. She is in her 40's and I got her hormones checked and they were on the floor. This virus screws up hormones for sure!

I am glad you are in Defy Medical's hands. What do they say about your high TSH in the presence of low to no antibodies? When the thyroid gland is overstimulated by excessive amounts of TSH, it will produce large quantities of ferritin. Thanks for posting that report of the link of COVID and high ferritin. I had no idea! Hopefully your high TSH and high ferritin is a temporary situation that gets better with time as your body heals from COVID.

Are you starting TRT soon with Defy?

VacationMan

Not sure what's going on with you, but I know I have Hashimotos. Both of my thyroid antibodies were seriously elevated, FT4 a little low and FT3 a little low (both were in range though). TSH was seriously elevated (17+).

Doc tried the NDT med route, but it wasn't working too well. Nature Throid becomes scarce so we go to WP Thyroid. WP Thyroid goes on nationwide back order so we go to Armour. None of these did much good for me. Still had TSH issues, FT4 too low, FT3 too high. No way to adjust doses of T4/T3 using NDT, so we went the synthetic route and started all over again.

Started with only synthetic T4 meds. That brought FT4 into the upper range, but RT3 kicked in and prevented conversion to T3...so my FT3 levels weren't where they needed to be. TSH was still elevated as were antibodies. Doc added a low dose of synthetic T3 med to the mix and things started turning around. Basically, I had to get FT4 in the upper range and take FT3 a little above range in order to get TSH below 2.5 where it should be.

Feeling gobs better now. Wish I had started with an Endo that specializes in thyroid issues. That would have likely cut my 3+ year journey in normalizing my thyroid condition to a matter of months. My 2/100ths worth.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me