Finally hacked my sleep! Now I have a question?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DragonBits

What kind of b12 was that? I've recently figured out methylcobalamin is no good for me due to genetic COMT mutations resulting in severe insomnia and other stimulating effects. I'm experimenting with hydroxycobalamin and adenocobalamin now.
This was Carlson tri-b with B-6, b-12 and folic acid with a small amount of calcium.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

Thought I was update. I put back these supplements.

1) AREDS 2
2) Boron (calcium borogluconate) 6 mg
3) Koncentrated K Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone 5mg) Vitamins MK4 (Menaquinone 4, 25 mg) and MK7 (Menaquinone 7, 0.5 mg) Astaxanthin (2 mg)
4) Magtein magnesium l-threonate 1 tabs 11% DV
8) Super Bio-Curcumin®NIH Curcumin

My guess is the most likely problem I was having was with pregnenolone, or maybe coq10.

It seems like I bleed a little more from blood tests or a finger stick, and maybe a little less energy during the day. I still wake up several times a night to pee, but it's not too hard to go back to sleep. Previously it was terrible, I would toss and turn all night long.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I take Coenzyme Q-10, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, and Vitamin D in the morning since I noticed years ago that nigh time dosing affected my sleep. A B complex makes me sleepy.

I also chew on two melatonin 5 mg gummies at 9 pm and I start yawning 30min later.

DragonBits

Doesn't cacao powder have caffeine?
Yes, Cacao has 12 mg of caffeine per tablespoon. But I failed to mention, I always put a teaspoon of this along with protein powder in my morning coffee, and I don't drink any after ~12 noon. Also, Cacao has 10 times more Theobromine than caffeine, there are studies on theobromine which indicates it stimulates serotonin and melatonin. I use the cacao powder mainly to help raise HDL, which even before TRT was ~40. TRT didn't drop my HDL, but it certainly didn't help.

I am pretty tolerant of caffeine, I can drink a cup of this at 5:AM and go right back to sleep.

What I really would like to control is my nocturia, I get up to pee 3-4 times a night. It'seems difficult to raise Antidiuretic hormone (ADH), also called arginine vasopressin (AVP), which controls nighttime urine production. I did try and limit all fluids after 7PM, which lead to being dehydrated. This is not BPH, as when I do get up, I have a normal fairly large quantity of urine, not just a dribble.

ADH normally has a circadian rhythm, raising at night to suppress urine production.

sammmy

I've seen recommendation to people with neurologic disorder POTS to raise the head of the bed by 10 degrees. That allegedly decreases urine output during sleep.

Fortunate

Do you have an update on this? I think I may have had a eureka moment recently. I have had recurrent episodes of anxiety - only in the evenings, and some nights of insomnia. I realized that this coincided somewhat with my doubling my CoQ10 dose. I am fairly confident it was the culprit, but I am now watching things after stopping CoQ10. I will report back when I gather more data.

GreenMachineX

Do you have an update on this? I think I may have had a eureka moment recently. I have had recurrent episodes of anxiety - only in the evenings, and some nights of insomnia. I realized that this coincided somewhat with my doubling my CoQ10 dose. I am fairly confident it was the culprit, but I am now watching things after stopping CoQ10. I will report back when I gather more data.
I've had a eureka moment as well, except mine is with whey protein. For some reason, if I drink whey around 7am, I'll wake up that night about 12am wide awake and feeling stimmed up. If I workout that day as well, it's even worse. I'm not sure why whey would do this, except there is a study showing whey increases b12 utilization and I'm super sensitive to b12 and folate.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've had a eureka moment as well, except mine is with whey protein. For some reason, if I drink whey around 7am, I'll wake up that night about 12am wide awake and feeling stimmed up. If I workout that day as well, it's even worse. I'm not sure why whey would do this, except there is a study showing whey increases b12 utilization and I'm super sensitive to b12 and folate.
I can't use whey protein either. It increases my A1C and fasting glucose levels.

sammmy

Protein is high in Glutamate, which is an excitatory neurotransmitter. Paradoxically, the healthy pea protein is the highest in glutamate.

I sleep on Ambien much better since I stopped eating sugar and protein/meat, except naturally occuring in beans.

Fortunate

Wish I could drink whey. Gives me headaches, possibly related to glutamate as referenced above.

DragonBits

Have you tried to stop all supplements after 4 pm for two days to see if this improves your nocturia? You may be overloading your kidneys.
The whole nocturia thing seems to have stopped.

Not sure why, I take a slew of supplements before sleep, it could be one of the two I added that helped, but I have no idea.

I take magnesium glycinate, gaba, black garlic extract, lycopene, l-theanine, but I had been taking those all along. I take the gaba and garlic for BP. I most recently added l-tryptophan and taurine, so it could be one of those.

DragonBits

Protein is high in Glutamate, which is an excitatory neurotransmitter. Paradoxically, the healthy pea protein is the highest in glutamate.

I sleep on Ambien much better since I stopped eating sugar and protein/meat, except naturally occuring in beans.
I have some ambien, my wife tells me when I take it I jerk around in my sleep for hours.

I suspect the Gaba supplement I take several times a day, including an hour before bed, interacts with the Ambien, as ambien works by activating the neurotransmitter GABA and binding it to the GABA receptors. I don't notice any problems, though one time I took the gaba and ambien at the same time, I had some god awful nightmare waking me up in a cold sweat an hour after sleep.

I was thinking Suvorexant/Belsomra would work better for me, as it works as an orexin antagonist.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me