Finally dialed in after 2 years (my current protocol)

Buy Lab Tests Online

HealthMan

I think it might be useful to share my current protocol after 2 years chasing a protocol that would address all my symptoms and minimize side effects.
I started TRT for one main reason. I was tired ALL the time (i started TRT in my mid 30s). Libido was not great. Erection quality so so. Very low estradiol (i was worried about long term effects of such low estradiol - low single digits before commencing TRT). Despite of eating very healthy and exercise 4-5 times a week my fasted blood glucose was borderline high and lipid levels far from ideal.
After starting TRT my main reason to start got fixed right away. I was no longer tired. Quite the opposite. I had a lot of energy and felt awesome. However my HCT got elevated and I started donating blood which ended up tanking my ferritin. My fertility was negatively affected by TRT (despite using HCG) and my sperm count got as low as 1mm/ml.
After a lot of experimentation i got to the following conclusion: if you are having these side effects it just meant one thing... your testosterone dosage is too high for your body. At the perfect dosage you shouldn’t be having these side effects. With that in mind i tried to reduce my dosage and after months BINGO. I felt awesome and side effect were gone. HCT under control and estradiol within range with no AI. Also results at the gym are great. I know a lot of people start TRT willing to improve body composition. So don’t fear lowering your dosage will kill your gym gains. Also a lower dosage improved something a LOT: sleep. And sleep is very important for someone’s health. My current protocol is:

- 50mg testosterone cypionate 2x a week
- 0.125mg anastrozole 2x a week (despite my estradiol being within range i am prone to gyno so i am still using a small dosage AI)
- 400IU HCG 2x a week
- 40IU FSH 2x a week (for fertility)
- 10mg DHEA daily
- 10mg Pregnenolone daily

My TT is in the low 700s, FT low-mid 20s and estradiol low-mid 20s. My blood glucose in the low 80s (i am using metformin however my blood glucose only improved significantly once i got my protocol dialed in). Lipids look good (HDL was a bit low but i still have to check it again after i reduced my dosage). HCT at 49 and probably getting lower. Fertility is back after adding FSH. Sleep is much better (i have add CALM injections daily and that has helped a lot).

I couldn’t be happier.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

I think it might be useful to share my current protocol after 2 years chasing a protocol that would address all my symptoms and minimize side effects.
I started TRT for one main reason. I was tired ALL the time (i started TRT in my mid 30s). Libido was not great. Erection quality so so. Very low estradiol (i was worried about long term effects of such low estradiol - low single digits before commencing TRT). Despite of eating very healthy and exercise 4-5 times a week my fasted blood glucose was borderline high and lipid levels far from ideal.
After starting TRT my main reason to start got fixed right away. I was no longer tired. Quite the opposite. I had a lot of energy and felt awesome. However my HCT got elevated and I started donating blood which ended up tanking my ferritin. My fertility was negatively affected by TRT (despite using HCG) and my sperm count got as low as 1mm/ml.
After a lot of experimentation i got to the following conclusion: if you are having these side effects it just meant one thing... your testosterone dosage is too high for your body. At the perfect dosage you shouldn’t be having these side effects. With that in mind i tried to reduce my dosage and after months BINGO. I felt awesome and side effect were gone. HCT under control and estradiol within range with no AI. Also results at the gym are great. I know a lot of people start TRT willing to improve body composition. So don’t fear lowering your dosage will kill your gym gains. Also a lower dosage improved something a LOT: sleep. And sleep is very important for someone’s health. My current protocol is:

- 0.125mg anastrozole 2x a week (despite my estradiol being within range i am prone to gyno so i am still using a small dosage AI)
- 400IU HCG 2x a week
- 10mg DHEA daily

My TT is in the low 700s, FT low-mid 20s and estradiol low-mid 20s. My blood glucose in the low 80s (i am using metformin however my blood glucose only improved significantly once i got my protocol dialed in). Lipids look good (HDL was a bit low but i still have to check it again after i reduced my dosage). HCT at 49 and probably getting lower. Fertility is back after adding FSH. Sleep is much better (i have add CALM injections daily and that has helped a lot).

I couldn’t be happier.
Good for you! Just curious, 100mg of T cyp isn't really a low dose, how much were you injecting before?

KenLowT

- 400IU HCG 2x a week
- 10mg DHEA daily

I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks for giving me hope. My problem isn't only energy, but most definitely libido. I started TRT 6 weeks ago at 175mg a week. My estrogen came back really high, I was moody, no real improvement in libido, and too many highs and lows. I dialed it back 2 weeks ago to 100mg per week, 50mg two times per week like you. The first week was great, but now I'm feeling hypogonadal all over again. No libido, no pep in my step, but strength in the gym remains. I'm hoping that I'll come out from under this hole and feel better. People warned me that after changing my protocol Week 2 and 3 would be difficult, boy were they right!

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Excellent!! Your numbers are somewhat in the ballpark with mine. It's about balance, and you're finding that zone. I'm banking that with a little extra refinement you might just be able to ditch the AI all together. Great job!

HealthMan

Good to hear :D So how much of the CALM are you doing and do you inject right before bed? I was considering that as well...
0.5ml 30min to right before bed (makes me sleep and relaxed quickly). It has been working GREAT. Lets see if it keeps working

Last edited:

HealthMan

Thanks for giving me hope. My problem isn't only energy, but most definitely libido. I started TRT 6 weeks ago at 175mg a week. My estrogen came back really high, I was moody, no real improvement in libido, and too many highs and lows. I dialed it back 2 weeks ago to 100mg per week, 50mg two times per week like you. The first week was great, but now I'm feeling hypogonadal all over again. No libido, no pep in my step, but strength in the gym remains. I'm hoping that I'll come out from under this hole and feel better. People warned me that after changing my protocol Week 2 and 3 would be difficult, boy were they right!

First few weeks are tough. Hang in there and don’t take any conclusions yet. Wait 6-8 weeks. If still feeling off then time to adjust protocol again

HealthMan

Just an update. Last year i reduced my Anastrozole dosage to 0.125mg once a week (ideally i should have broken down to 0.0625 twice a week but i was not in the mood to mess with splitting the capsule content). After a few weeks no nipple sensitivity. So all good. A few weeks ago i stopped Anastrozole completely and upped my DIM dosage to 200mg twice a day. So far so good. In a few weeks i will try to reduce DIM back to 200mg once a day.
As some of you know i was only using Anastrozole because of nipple issues. If after an additional 4-6 weeks i am still not having nipple issues i would have succeed in getting rid of Anastrozole. All possible because of my change in protocol and dosage reduction. I have tried more frequent injections and it worked for lowering my E2 but increased my HCT.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me