Few thoughts on elevated iron serum

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

Ok. After 6 weeks of taking zinc 15mg a day (amongst other things that I mentioned in this chat) with 1mg copper my iron serum went from 232 to 174 (range 38-169). So i will up zinc to 30mg a day and retest in 4 weeks.

very nice, do you always measure Iron Serum on empty stomach? try not to take it with whole grains or phytic acid. I still have to measure mine after I have increased my test dose, I'm 3 weeks in, I'll wait two more weeks.

I take 30mg zinc 2 copper but I sometime take one multivit capsule which gives me 12.5mg zinc, so I may get about 40mg most of the days, I'm actually afraid to push Iron low too much, my skin improved as well, maybe because a Zinc deficiency I have developed throughout my TRT, or maybe just because I gave up on grains

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

very nice, do you always measure Iron Serum on empty stomach? try not to take it with whole grains or phytic acid. I still have to measure mine after I have increased my test dose, I'm 3 weeks in, I'll wait two more weeks.

I take 30mg zinc 2 copper but I sometime take one multivit capsule which gives me 12.5mg zinc, so I may get about 40mg most of the days, I'm actually afraid to push Iron low too much, my skin improved as well, maybe because a Zinc deficiency I have developed throughout my TRT, or maybe just because I gave up on grains
10-12 hours fasting always. I think upping the zinc will do the trick. Also it has been only 6 weeks since I lowered my testosterone dosage. Last time i was taking 30mg zinc my serum iron was in the 100s. I dont take a multivitamin and i exercise a lot. So i guess 30mg zinc might be better than 15mg. Maybe next time i will test zinc, i will wait a few weeks before i test again. Where is you serum iron now?

Gianluca

10-12 hours fasting always. I think upping the zinc will do the trick. Also it has been only 6 weeks since I lowered my testosterone dosage. Last time i was taking 30mg zinc my serum iron was in the 100s. I dont take a multivitamin and i exercise a lot. So i guess 30mg zinc might be better than 15mg. Maybe next time i will test zinc, i will wait a few weeks before i test again. Where is you serum iron now?

Last time I checked was back in June the 22nd, it was 109, the blood was taken after a meal, the meal was brekfast blueberries, apple, 3 whole eggs and Walnuts, so a little iron in there plus the vit C of the fruits which would increase absorption as well.

I will wait two weeks then go again, I think Zinc is a must on TRT, same could apply for a diet high in potassium, and extra magnesium. Consider also we absorb about 20% of ingested supplemental minerals.

But I do think increasing Redmeat consumption probably helped with that, I know it sounds paradoxical, but read meat is a good source of Zinc as well

HealthMan

Last time I checked was back in June the 22nd, it was 109, the blood was taken after a meal, the meal was brekfast blueberries, apple, 3 whole eggs and Walnuts, so a little iron in there plus the vit C of the fruits which would increase absorption as well.

I will wait two weeks then go again, I think Zinc is a must on TRT, same could apply for a diet high in potassium, and extra magnesium. Consider also we absorb about 20% of ingested supplemental minerals.

But I do think increasing Redmeat consumption probably helped with that, I know it sounds paradoxical, but read meat is a good source of Zinc as well
I will check my iron again in 2-3 weeks. Today I started 30mg zinc 1mg of copper before bed. Lets see if that does the trick

Gianluca

I will check my iron again in 2-3 weeks. Today I started 30mg zinc 1mg of copper before bed. Lets see if that does the trick

ok, just for my Iron Serum back, this time I went in the am on an empty stomach, my Iron came back at 135, so a little bit more than last time which was 109, but still within the range. I have been eating red meat 2 times per week and sometime 3, plus my test dose increased

But I'm afraid taking 30mg Zinc plus an additional 12.5 from my multivitamin have tanked my E2, I'm waiting for results. I have stopped the additional 30mg Zinc and my sex drive and well being increased substantially, maybe a coincidence as at the same time it was the 1 month marker after Test increase, let's see what the labs says

Last edited:

BJE

I have hemochromatosis and as such my blood iron is always high. I have kept my ferritin level from getting high by regular blood donation. I’m supposed to keep my ferritin at around 30. However I’ve gotten it as low as 7.7. I’ve been donating less blood and when last tested it was up to 31.

It’s my understanding that high blood iron isn’t a problem, it’s stored iron that is the problem. High blood iron means you’ll be storing more iron.

Apparently I function well at a very low ferritin level because despite having a low level of stored iron, my blood iron is always high, as is my percent saturation.

HealthMan

ok, just for my Iron Serum back, this time I went in the am on an empty stomach, my Iron came back at 135, so a little bit more than last time which was 109, but still within the range. I have been eating red meat 2 times per week and sometime 3, plus my test dose increased

But I'm afraid taking 30mg Zinc plus an additional 12.5 from my multivitamin have tanked my E2, I'm waiting for results. I have stopped the additional 30mg Zinc and my sex drive and well being increased substantially, maybe a coincidence as at the same time it was the 1 month marker after Test increase, let's see what the labs says
A lot of zinc also kills my libido and makes me tired. But not sure the mechanism that explains that is a reduction in estradiol. I switched back to 15mg

Last edited:

HealthMan

I have hemochromatosis and as such my blood iron is always high. I have kept my ferritin level from getting high by regular blood donation. I’m supposed to keep my ferritin at around 30. However I’ve gotten it as low as 7.7. I’ve been donating less blood and when last tested it was up to 31.

It’s my understanding that high blood iron isn’t a problem, it’s stored iron that is the problem. High blood iron means you’ll be storing more iron.

Apparently I function well at a very low ferritin level because despite having a low level of stored iron, my blood iron is always high, as is my percent saturation.
I think high serum iron can increase oxidative stress

Gianluca

that is what I knew as well, at least I have always heard High Ferrtin is problematic. Have you tried NAC? it has reduced Ferritin in allot of Guys, for me it keeps mine at about 80

Gianluca

A lot of zinc also kills my libido and makes me tired. But not sure the mechanism that explains that is a reduction in estradiol. I switched back to 15mg

very possible your libido is off because E2 lowered. I started to doubt this, because I have developed hot flashes, I gave up on the extra 30mg Zinc last Friday and I think they have diminish, along with an increase in libido and sex drive and well being. I will update you when I get back the E2 result. I do still take 12.5mg Zinc in my multi, probably 42.5mg total extra Zinc is a bit too much, and maybe, after all was the Copper I was taking with the Zinc lowering Iron serum??

HealthMan

very possible your libido is off because E2 lowered. I started to doubt this, because I have developed hot flashes, I gave up on the extra 30mg Zinc last Friday and I think they have diminish, along with an increase in libido and sex drive and well being. I will update you when I get back the E2 result. I do still take 12.5mg Zinc in my multi, probably 42.5mg total extra Zinc is a bit too much, and maybe, after all was the Copper I was taking with the Zinc lowering Iron serum??
Zinc doesn’t lower my estradiol. I tested already. Gotta be some other sort of interaction. As of now i am taking a total of 20mg zinc a day (my multivitamin has 5mg) and 1mg of copper. I will retest iron in a few weeks

Gianluca

Zinc doesn’t lower my estradiol. I tested already. Gotta be some other sort of interaction. As of now i am taking a total of 20mg zinc a day (my multivitamin has 5mg) and 1mg of copper. I will retest iron in a few weeks

DHT! possibly, Zinc can lower that too

HealthMan

One thing I noticed after looking at all my protocols and bloodworks. Everytime i wasn’t using anastrozole my serum iron was normal. Not sure if coincidence or not since many other variables changed but makes me think

Systemlord

I'm currently experiencing the symptoms of excessive iron with a ferritin of 123, this was measured a week ago. It seems my iron deficiency was caused by a lack of vitamin C, now only supplementing vitamin C ferritin in 2 months went from 63-->123.

In June I stopped iron because ferritin was 101 (101-->63--> now 123) supplementing iron mixed with vitamin C which I stopped do to these same symptoms and ferritin drop to 63 within 5 weeks, but had symptoms that was later the result of vitamin C deficiency.

I started supplementing 250mg vitamin C and now 2 months later ferritin is 123. Symptoms included, above range AST levels, climbing glucose, abdominal pain, arthritis like burning pain in joints, headaches and abnormal heart rhythm at certain times.

Seeing hematologist tomorrow, I hope he isn't stuck on reference ranges, but also symptoms. When I decrease the vitamin C by a tiny amount I get horrible rashes on stomach and center of chest and deadly sick.

I got to get this iron out of me, I did better with ferritin 63 or less, these last several weeks I am slowly feel worse which I thought was low iron, surprised to say the least.

In the history of lab testing, I have never recorded such a high AST level in my life, nor have I ever had ferritin this high either. I always thought recovering from full blown iron deficiency in 4 weeks was a little too quick.

I was absorbing iron from food since I was on vitamin C and I was supplementing iron.

I wonder if reducing the vitamin C is somehow effecting iron absorption is such a way that causes rashes to appear on my body... Kind of like a reversal of what's happening now.

Last edited:

BJE

that is what I knew as well, at least I have always heard High Ferrtin is problematic. Have you tried NAC? it has reduced Ferritin in allot of Guys, for me it keeps mine at about 80
Since I’ve been giving blood high ferritin has not been an issue, low ferritin has been the issue.

apsjiml

My blood serum comes elevated most of the times. And my ferritin is stuck since 2017 at 75/80, and I haven't donated since then. I see that is a problem that different people have on TRT.

But is having elevated iron serum as bad as having elevated ferritin? is elevated Iron Serum prooxidant? or is the body just trying to pull more iron into the blood for storage and different processes?

I tried last month to stay off my multivitamin which has about 470mg of VitC, I thought that was the answer, but I still have elevated Iron serum, beside, elevated after a meal.

I have been complaining of "flushing" most of the time while I eat, and I'm starting to think is the Iron elevating in my blood.
I'm actually thinking the body may need iron, since Iron serum is always elevated and ferritin always at 75/80. SO best way to lower Iron serum could possibly give extra iron to the body.

thoughts?

Iron Saturation is the other that you need tested. Serum iron does not really tell you much. That is going to tell you what you need to know. Ferritin of 75 is just fine but you need a full iron panel I have Hemochromatosis Tests to Determine Iron Levels

Gianluca

One thing I noticed after looking at all my protocols and bloodworks. Everytime i wasn’t using anastrozole my serum iron was normal. Not sure if coincidence or not since many other variables changed but makes me think

that's interesting, Anastrozole is a toxic compound, we probably don't fully know anything that it effects

I tested my E2 and Zinc did not lowered it, it came back at 52

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching