Fertility Restored While on TRT with hCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Arcane

Hello everyone. These forums were very helpful to me on my fertility journey over the past 6 months, so I thought I would share more story. The more info people have, the better I think. If anyone wants more detail I'm happy to share. I don't know if I put this in the right forum so feel free to move it. I did not use clomid.

I'm 42 and been on testosterone gel for almost 15 years. Partner and I decided we want kids so we went straight to a fertility clinic. Our doctor is a reproductive endocrinologist. Did the semen analysis and 0 sperm, which I expected. At this point the doctor told me a few things turned out to not be accurate.

1) Insurance won't cover fertility meds for men. Out of pocket per month was gonna be around $1500 for hcg and fsh. Did a ton of research and Aetna will cover this as long as it's framed as the meds are needed for fertility due to hypogonadism. Not just for fertility. In essence, the diagnosis must be hypogonadism not infertility. Copays cost me $120/month.

2) You must go off testosterone or your sperm count won't go up. Even if I go off, the count will still be so low we'll almost certainly need IVF. I told her I want to try the meds while staying on testosterone. If after 6 months my count is still low, I will go off. She reluctantly agreed.

3) Take 10,000 units of hcg 1x week. I instead took 1000 EOD for 2 weeks. 750 EOD for 2 weeks. Then 500 EOD thereafter. I don't know if the higher doses at first were necessary or not, but my theory was my system needed a strong jumpstart after being shut down for 15 years. I also took between 75 and 125 units of fsh EOD the whole time. I played with the dose because it made me nauseous.

Did my second semen analysis 5 months in and the count went from 0 to a concentration of 24 million/ML. This test did concentration, not total. I'm guessing that would be somewhere around 75-100 million total in an average load. Never reduced the testosterone. My significant other got pregnant a couple weeks after that. Just hoping for a healthy pregnancy now! All I can say is what worked for me. Good luck to others that are trying!
I know this was a later reply, but was the pregnancy healthy?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

hfbjr

@Hopeful Story
We just had a consultation with a urologist that is supposed to be knowledgeable on trt and fertility. She gave us a prescription for hcg and fsh, but we just found out his insurance wont cover it for hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, that's what she stated on the perscription form for insurance. The insurance came back saying that he has to have a testosterone serum of under 200 in order to cover the prescriptions, his is just under 900. Should we contact the insurance company and say it's for fertility due to hypogonadotropic hypogonadism? I was under the impression insurance wouldn't cover those injectables for guys if it was for fertility. Hes currently taking hcg, but its $200 a vial, so if we could get insurance to help pay that would be great. This whole process has been so hard and frustrating. Any advice you could give me will be greatly appreciated!
Try optimum pharmacy. HCG is 110.oo for a vial 10k IUS and that includes shipping. All you need is a script. That price is without insurance

hfbjr

Also everyone's insurance is different. My insurance has a separate dept for infertility and they have been amazing. WIN, or eomens infertility network( I'm a man, go figure). But they have covered all my HCG so far, sending me 12 individual10k IU vials st once. They also are covering fsh after my second semen analysis. We're praying that count goes up from 2million, which was on 500 mgs of test a week, no hcg. I'm on 250 mgs a week, and 1666 ius of hcg.might drop my test to 30 mgs twice a week, as my testosterone is 250 mgs per ml, not 200

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale