Fertility help

Buy Lab Tests Online

DRay

Hello all,

Currently, my wife and I are hoping to conceive. I have been on TRT therapy for 3 years now. I have also used HCG for the first two years, though, this past year I stopped taking it (I feel better on T only). I am 27 years old. I saw my doctor and his fertility/restart protocol is as follows

Cease TRT
HCG 1,000 iu on day 1. Days 2-6: 500 iu daily. Day 7: 1,000 iu HCG and continue HCG 500iu daily until pregnant
ALSO
Clomid 50mg TWICE daily until pregnant.

My last T shot was 12 days ago. I started his recommended protocol immediately the day after last injection. Needless to say I am feeling pretty bad. My libido and erections have been a roller coaster. Motivation to exercise is down. Lethargic. Most notably I have gained a considerable amount of bloat and water weight around the abdomen. I am in fear that my E2 has climbed very high. My last sensitive E2 reading prior to stopping TRT was 24.

I have seen mixed thoughts on protocol for fertility. And I’m beginning to doubt my protocol.

Should I discontinue HCG and continue Clomid monotherapy but lower dose to only 50mg or even 25 daily? I have arimidex in hand to help against E2.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hello all,

Currently, my wife and I are hoping to conceive. I have been on TRT therapy for 3 years now. I have also used HCG for the first two years, though, this past year I stopped taking it (I feel better on T only). I am 27 years old. I saw my doctor and his fertility/restart protocol is as follows

Cease TRT
HCG 1,000 iu on day 1. Days 2-6: 500 iu daily. Day 7: 1,000 iu HCG and continue HCG 500iu daily until pregnant
ALSO

My last T shot was 12 days ago. I started his recommended protocol immediately the day after last injection. Needless to say I am feeling pretty bad. My libido and erections have been a roller coaster. Motivation to exercise is down. Lethargic. Most notably I have gained a considerable amount of bloat and water weight around the abdomen. I am in fear that my E2 has climbed very high. My last sensitive E2 reading prior to stopping TRT was 24.

I have seen mixed thoughts on protocol for fertility. And I’m beginning to doubt my protocol.

Should I discontinue HCG and continue Clomid monotherapy but lower dose to only 50mg or even 25 daily? I have arimidex in hand to help against E2.

Thoughts?
You should only use 12.5 mg of clomid, I would try every other day and if you need to you can use that 12.5 daily. I would not recommend going any higher.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hello all,

Cease TRT
ALSO

Thoughts?
Semen analysis results after adding FSH to TRT and hCG

DRay

You should only use 12.5 mg of clomid, I would try every other day and if you need to you can use that 12.5 daily. I would not recommend going any higher.
Thanks Vince.

And I’m assuming you mean ONLY use Clomid and cease the HCG?

Ronnny

I was taking 25mg/day Clomid. I felt good. But when I started taking more than 25mg/day i felt bad for some reason. So I tolerated up to 25mg/day without any issue or side effects.

DRay

I was taking 25mg/day Clomid. I felt good. But when I started taking more than 25mg/day i felt bad for some reason. So I tolerated up to 25mg/day without any issue or side effects.
And how was your results using 25mg/day? Did it restore your levels? Fertility success?

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks Vince.

And I’m assuming you mean ONLY use Clomid and cease the HCG?
Yes I would only use clomid for your restart protocol. High dose clomid causes too many sides effect. 12.5 mg will work fine, it's always better to start low. So I would use clomid every other day first.

Ronnny

And how was your results using 25mg/day? Did it restore your levels? Fertility success?
Yes my Total Testosterone went up and I felt better. I have secondary hypogonadism. But I switched to TRT recently. I might try HCG also later. I think if you are concerned about fertility , you should definitely stay on Clomid.

I tried clomid just to see if I am secondary or primary, and to see if Clomid works for me or not.

Jayyy

Yes my Total Testosterone went up and I felt better. I have secondary hypogonadism. But I switched to TRT recently. I might try HCG also later. I think if you are concerned about fertility , you should definitely stay on Clomid.

I tried clomid just to see if I am secondary or primary, and to see if Clomid works for me or not.
Any recommendation for guys with primary hypogonadism who wants to preserve fertility while on TRT? Like clomid or HCG + FSH? Any thoughts?

Vince

Super Moderator
Any recommendation for guys with primary hypogonadism who wants to preserve fertility while on TRT? Like clomid or HCG + FSH? Any thoughts?
Primary and want to remain fertile, that's a tough one. I would start a new thread, with all your labs. Are you currently on trt or considering it.

Jayyy

Primary and want to remain fertile, that's a tough one. I would start a new thread, with all your labs. Are you currently on trt or considering it.
No I am not on TRT as i am afraid that my sperm count will become zero. Right now i have 2 million total sperm count which can be used for IVF. I am thinking to start TRT along with HCG and FSH, so that the sperm count will not decrease. Ya i will start a new thread also. Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me