Feeling normal- i have been off T for 2 years

Buy Lab Tests Online

broker

I have been off T for a little over 2 years. I am not taking any clomid or anything.
It took almost 2 years for me to really recover. Yes, thats how long it took.
I can now have sex and get an erection anytime with no issues. My mood is much better and consistent. My energy level is good but not great, then again i am over 50. My pumps at the gym are also good.
The best part about being off T is consistency. I am much more consistent natural.
When using T, inconsistency is a way of life. Happy one day, sad the next. High libido one day, low the next. High energy one day, low energy the next day. Then of course side effects., higher psa, higher cholesterol, higher blood pressure, higher hematocrit, prostate issues, hair loss, water retention. The never ending quest of finding the perfect dose and then always changing it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

broker

I was on therapy on and off for 12 years.
I was under the care of a highly regarded urologist who specialized in mens health. Many men on T are constantly adjusting dosage, adding adjunctive therapy, and experience inconsistent results.
I actually feel emancipated. That said, it takes a lot of time to revert back to normal. I was a former steroid user and convinced i permanently damges my hpta. I did but it took over 2 years to fix. Another reason steroids are a bad decision.
T replacement is replete with inconsistency. Thats my view.

Charliebizz

I’m with you on this one. And very happy to see this post. I’ve said it before myself I would rather feel consistently ok then great one day and awful another. Trt never really got me the great feeling either.

I understand why people use trt and how it’s helped plenty of guys. But I would much rather feel ok with my body doing things natural. Also a guy like me when I’m on trt I over analyze how I feel. It’s mentally draining for me also.

eli

Interesting, I did not recover. I was off for 2 years also, T came back at 220 LOL and I'm 30

was on roids and testosterone for 5-6 years prior

DragonBits

I have been off T for a little over 2 years. I am not taking any clomid or anything.
It took almost 2 years for me to really recover. Yes, thats how long it took.
I can now have sex and get an erection anytime with no issues. My mood is much better and consistent. My energy level is good but not great, then again i am over 50. My pumps at the gym are also good.
The best part about being off T is consistency. I am much more consistent natural.
When using T, inconsistency is a way of life. Happy one day, sad the next. High libido one day, low the next. High energy one day, low energy the next day. Then of course side effects., higher psa, higher cholesterol, higher blood pressure, higher hematocrit, prostate issues, hair loss, water retention. The never ending quest of finding the perfect dose and then always changing it.

Without labs it appears you never needed to be on TRT in the first place.

Your former steroid use likely messed up your hpta axis and you would have recovered in 2 years if you had not gone on TRT.

But just guessing from your story, without labs hard to say.

I will note that the "side effects" I have noted are the same side effects many men not on TRT face, it's all life style and simple aging. 1 in 3 Americans have high blood pressure, 37% of men your age all have high blood pressure, they aren't all on TRT.

Golfboy307

Yes, I can sympathize with the ups and downs after 4 years of TRT. I consider myself dialed in sexually (erections, libido) about 75% of the time. The other 25%: EQ declines, libido tanks despite labs being "in range". A mystery (and frustration) to me and my doctor.

For me the benefits still outweigh the inconsistency: lowered my A1C from pre-diabetes to 5.2, much lower cholesterol readings, improved RBC counts from near anemia levels, improved mood, confidence and workouts. No PSA issues or hemocrit sides for me.

Before TRT, 75% of the time sexually was bad with natty levels in the 300's. Not sure I am willing to go back there. Like you, I am in my early 50's.

I am sure we all wrestle with this thought from time to time. Thanks for posting.

Gman86

Yes, I can sympathize with the ups and downs after 4 years of TRT. I consider myself dialed in sexually (erections, libido) about 75% of the time. The other 25%: EQ declines, libido tanks despite labs being "in range". A mystery (and frustration) to me and my doctor.

For me the benefits still outweigh the inconsistency: lowered my A1C from pre-diabetes to 5.2, much lower cholesterol readings, improved RBC counts from near anemia levels, improved mood, confidence and workouts. No PSA issues or hemocrit sides for me.

Before TRT, 75% of the time sexually was bad with natty levels in the 300's. Not sure I am willing to go back there. Like you, I am in my early 50's.

I am sure we all wrestle with this thought from time to time. Thanks for posting.

What is your current protocol?

Golfboy307

Right now I am on about 75-80mg total test cyp. per week, injecting IM every 3.5 days. I am a high responder so that puts me right at about 950 TT, sensitive E2 of 22, DHt of 94, SHBG of 44 as of my September labs. I am considering pulling my prolactin, and retesting cortisol. Just to rule out any issues with those hormones. No AI or HCG. I started out weekly, quickly moved to every 5 days, and now twice per week.

slicktop

Inconsistency may be a way of life for someone who hasn't found the right regimen for them, or that has other underlying health issues that makes it hard to get them dialed in. Inconsistency is not at all something I struggle with any longer. I feel physically great 90% of the time (I had a double laminectomy 14 years ago and my back reminds me of it from time to time, say when I forget I'm over 40 and decide to pick up a loaded trailer tongue instead of using the jack) and I'm mentally great almost always. Never low libido. PSA has maintained, cholesterol isn't much different, I was bald in my 20's and literally lasered my entire head so I can't speak to TRT related hair loss.

I'm absolutely not trying to be argumentative, just don't want to scare someone away that may stumble upon this and think that "just ok" is as good as it gets.

Gman86

Same. I feel fine pretty much everyday. Don’t really have much to complain about. Still have stupid brain fog, but that’s from mold exposure at the last house I was in for 5 years, and is unrelated. It’s the only negative symptom that I’ve had all throughout HRT, and imo isn’t something I can get rid of by tweaking my HRT protocols.

What’s your HRT protocol, if you don’t mind me asking.

Charliebizz

My biggest thing is my mental state. I start to feel so flat emotional and low grade anxiety on trt at many differen
Inconsistency may be a way of life for someone who hasn't found the right regimen for them, or that has other underlying health issues that makes it hard to get them dialed in. Inconsistency is not at all something I struggle with any longer. I feel physically great 90% of the time (I had a double laminectomy 14 years ago and my back reminds me of it from time to time, say when I forget I'm over 40 and decide to pick up a loaded trailer tongue instead of using the jack) and I'm mentally great almost always. Never low libido. PSA has maintained, cholesterol isn't much different, I was bald in my 20's and literally lasered my entire head so I can't speak to TRT related hair loss.

I'm absolutely not trying to be argumentative, just don't want to scare someone away that may stumble upon this and think that "just ok" is as good as it gets.
See bro that’s what these forums are about. Great post. Understanding that yes it doesn’t work for everyone but also sometimes some of us can be missing the right piece of the protocol to work.

I unfortunately feel I might be the underlying health issue guy since I get such strange sides on trt. But I also don’t feel great off I’m ok but some days I hate that I have to push hard just to live a normal life. I don’t want to think about how I feel or how I’m going to feel while doing xyz. I’m really contemplating going back on trt. But I also have low shbg and want nothing to do with anti e or hcg. So I don’t know what I can do different to make it work.

Charliebizz

Same. I feel fine pretty much everyday. Don’t really have much to complain about. Still have stupid brain fog, but that’s from mold exposure at the last house I was in for 5 years, and is unrelated. It’s the only negative symptom that I’ve had all throughout HRT, and imo isn’t something I can get rid of by tweaking my HRT protocols.

gman do you lift weights often ? Reason I ask the only way I was able to almost completely resolve brain fog was quitting lifting. I absolutly cant stand that I Had to but I proved it to myself time and time again that lifting hurts me. I do have low normal cortisol but I can’t seem to fix that either. I’ve tried it all

Gman86

My biggest thing is my mental state. I start to feel so flat emotional and low grade anxiety on trt at many differen
See bro that’s what these forums are about. Great post. Understanding that yes it doesn’t work for everyone but also sometimes some of us can be missing the right piece of the protocol to work.

I unfortunately feel I might be the underlying health issue guy since I get such strange sides on trt. But I also don’t feel great off I’m ok but some days I hate that I have to push hard just to live a normal life. I don’t want to think about how I feel or how I’m going to feel while doing xyz. I’m really contemplating going back on trt. But I also have low shbg and want nothing to do with anti e or hcg. So I don’t know what I can do different to make it work.

I’m kind of in the same boat. I’m also that underlying other problem guy kind of. Been on HRT since I was 27, now 33, and have tried every protocol under the sun to get rid of my brain fog, but nothing has gotten rid of it. The difference between u and me is, luckily I feel way better on HRT than I did with the brain fog before HRT. And recently found out the house I moved into around 6-7 years ago had black mold everywhere. Just moved out 2 months ago. Im assuming that the black mold exposure is the real source of my brain fog, and is why HRT was never able to rid me of it.

slicktop

me? 20mg enanthate daily, 250 iu of HCG Monday and Wednesday, 500 on Friday, AI when I feel like I need it. DHEA and magnesium every morning, DIM morning and night, turmeric 3x a day. Bourbon on Friday and Saturday evenings only, gym M-F.

Gman86

gman do you lift weights often ? Reason I ask the only way I was able to almost completely resolve brain fog was quitting lifting. I absolutly cant stand that I Had to but I proved it to myself time and time again that lifting hurts me. I do have low normal cortisol but I can’t seem to fix that either. I’ve tried it all

Very interesting observation. I do lift weights. Have lifted ever since I was 14. I also do have low normal cortisol. And a lot of times I will feel a little worse after a workout. Maybe a little more foggy, and more fatigued.

How long after cessation of the gym did you notice your brain fog improving? Has your brain fog disappeared completely?

I honestly could never give up the gym. It’s just part of me at this point. It’s like breathing. Plus, I’m a nurse, and am around all girls at work, and constantly have girls saying how sexy my arms are. I had a girl not too long ago literally tell me she wanted to fck my arm lol. No idea what that even means, but ended up fcking her in the back of my car like a month ago. So needless to say, giving up the gym is not happening. I’ll take getting girls over having brain fog everyday of the week lol.

I did hear of a guy that had brain fog, and it ended up being caused by his whey protein. So I stopped taking my whey protein like 1-2 days ago to see if that will help.

Gman86

me? 20mg enanthate daily, 250 iu of HCG Monday and Wednesday, 500 on Friday, AI when I feel like I need it. DHEA and magnesium every morning, DIM morning and night, turmeric 3x a day. Bourbon on Friday and Saturday evenings only, gym M-F.

Just picked up some turmeric like 20 mins ago from Whole Foods. How long have you been taking it? Do you mix black pepper with it?

slicktop

Just picked up some turmeric like 20 mins ago from Whole Foods. How long have you been taking it? Do you mix black pepper with it?
For about a year. I get a turmeric curcumin supplement from amazon, and it already has "bioperene" (a made up name for black pepper extract) in it. Alzheimers and dementia runs on my moms side of the family, and turmeric is showing huge steps to combatting both. And while I don't think I'm as predisposed to it as my sister is, the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of it are also really good.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me