Buy Lab Tests Online

Zooulie12

I’m seeing a lot more post with people who have test levels above 1000 who feel crappy. Even with everything else in range e2, DHT, prolactin etc. I’ve also have seen post of people almost using microdose amounts and feeling way better. My question is, is this the new thing? Because my doctor thinks higher the levels the better I should feel. I’m on 20mg a day. With 1 click of 200mg/ml of cream once daily applied to scrotum. And this was with my labs of test being 1500 and everything else being in range. But I just feel crappy as well- low libido and mood, fatigue, increased in belly fat even though I have a physical job and eat decently well while doing intermittent fasting.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gladiator

I told my doctor I feel best on 400mg a week. We settled with 175mg a week. My last blood are way over normal high and I feel great. Dropped my amount down to 125mg a week to see what happens. I seem to feel great as long as my free testosterone is at high normal or higher.

Belekas

nobody
The million dollar question and only way to answer it is to experience it yourself. Some tolerate and function better at higher levels, some at lower levels and some somewhere in between. And some can't tolerate it at all. It's always not that easy as it sounds on paper. Easier till you get involved yourself and then see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Hope you find what works best for you and let us know. All the best!

SpyrosB

It's not precisely about the numbers. Both your T and E levels need to be above a certain limit, and below a high end. Within that window you need to find the T/E ratio that works specifically for you. The window is pretty massive usually which is why guys like Gladiator will feel amazing almost no matter the dose, so long as their T/E ratio remains within a certain range.

Gladiator

It's not precisely about the numbers. Both your T and E levels need to be above a certain limit, and below a high end. Within that window you need to find the T/E ratio that works specifically for you. The window is pretty massive usually which is why guys like Gladiator will feel amazing almost no matter the dose, so long as their T/E ratio remains within a certain range.
The rule of thumb for t and e is E2 needs to be 10% of free testosterone.
That’s how it’s done in Australian with the labs we use.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I’m seeing a lot more post with people who have test levels above 1000 who feel crappy. Even with everything else in range e2, DHT, prolactin etc. I’ve also have seen post of people almost using microdose amounts and feeling way better. My question is, is this the new thing? Because my doctor thinks higher the levels the better I should feel. I’m on 20mg a day. With 1 click of 200mg/ml of cream once daily applied to scrotum. And this was with my labs of test being 1500 and everything else being in range. But I just feel crappy as well- low libido and mood, fatigue, increased in belly fat even though I have a physical job and eat decently well while doing intermittent fasting.
If testosterone's only effect were promoting muscle growth then this doctor's more-is-better thinking wouldn't be quite as idiotic. However, testosterone has myriad functions and influences a lot of other hormones. The average healthy guy has total testosterone that maxes out at about 600-700 ng/dL. What might reasonably be expected if he goes on TRT later in life and pushes his testosterone up over 1,000 ng/dL? Any semblance of balance that testosterone has with other hormones is out the window. Why would anyone think this would feel better?

What exactly is a "microdose"? The physiological range of testosterone production is about 3-9 mg per day. This is equivalent to about 4-13 mg of testosterone cypionate per day. Personally I've tried doses in this entire range and find I do best close to the bottom. But 4-5 mg TC is still physiological, and thus should not be characterized as "micro".

Way too many of us have learned the hard way that excessive dosing is not better for overall health. A sample:

DS3

When my levels are too high my mental and physical energy suffers, libido decreases, muscles grow, stomach protrudes, cognition decreases, and my mood is unstable. There are plenty of guys like me, yet there are plenty of men that do well jacking their TT and FT through the roof.

T

tareload

If testosterone's only effect were promoting muscle growth then this doctor's more-is-better thinking wouldn't be quite as idiotic. However, testosterone has myriad functions and influences a lot of other hormones. The average healthy guy has total testosterone that maxes out at about 600-700 ng/dL. What might reasonably be expected if he goes on TRT later in life and pushes his testosterone up over 1,000 ng/dL? Any semblance of balance that testosterone has with other hormones is out the window. Why would anyone think this would feel better?

What exactly is a "microdose"? The physiological range of testosterone production is about 3-9 mg per day. This is equivalent to about 4-13 mg of testosterone cypionate per day. Personally I've tried doses in this entire range and find I do best close to the bottom. But 4-5 mg TC is still physiological, and thus should not be characterized as "micro".

Way too many of us have learned the hard way that excessive dosing is not better for overall health. A sample:
Thank you for taking the time and effort to put that post together.

SpyrosB

And yet way too often we see guys claiming they feel amazing on 500mg Test, or felt best back when they were blasting, or feel better at 300mg but settle for 175 so that their hematocrit doesn't climb. Way too often for them to be exceptions. How do you account for them?

DS3

And yet way too often we see guys claiming they feel amazing on 500mg Test, or felt best back when they were blasting, or feel better at 300mg but settle for 175 so that their hematocrit doesn't climb. Way too often for them to be exceptions. How do you account for them?
You account for them the same as you would any drug. Varying levels of drug tolerance will produce groupings of responses to the drug. There is a group of men that respond very well to very high levels (way over the range) of testosterone. There are men do well with moderately high levels (slightly over the range) of testosterone. Some men do well with moderate levels (mid-range), and some men have issues at any level and have to settle for near hypogonadal levels to minimize side effects.

T

tareload

I felt my best on some Vicodin and muscle relaxants after an injury. That was a couple days. Felt f'n fantastic! Felt Fine F'n Dandy as a smart dude once used to say.

How would I have felt after 3 months, 6 months, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years on that protocol? A time horizon and objective function must always be defined. Very imprecise language being thrown around on this feelz discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DS3

I felt my best on some Vicodin and muscle relaxants after an injury. That was a couple days. How would I have felt after 3 months, 6 months, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years on that protocol? A time horizon and objective function must always be defined. Very imprecise language being thrown around on this feelz discussion.
Your point is understood. Subjective response is, however, one of the more important variables in the context of TRT. Quantifiable measurements do not tell us how we feel. What good does it do a person to have perfect labs yet feel unwell?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
My emphasis is on overall health. These doses have nothing to do with that. As @readalot suggests, feeling "amazing" in the short run isn't the same as feeling good for decades due to continued good health.

Your point is understood. Subjective response is, however, one of the more important variables in the context of TRT. Quantifiable measurements do not tell us how we feel. What good does it do a person to have perfect labs yet feel unwell?
It's been suggested that if it takes supraphysiological testosterone to make a guy feel well then there's something else going on and he'd be well-advised to investigate it thoroughly.

SpyrosB

You account for them the same as you would any drug. Varying levels of drug tolerance will produce groupings of responses to the drug. There is a group of men that respond very well to very high levels (way over the range) of testosterone. There are men do well with moderately high levels (slightly over the range) of testosterone. Some men do well with moderate levels (mid-range), and some men have issues at any level and have to settle for near hypogonadal levels to minimize side effects.
Genetic variation cannot be the only answer. Yes it has a role in all this but it leaves too many questions unanswered, and probability deems it highly unlikely that outliers are so common and responses so different. In the end, we are more similar than we are different. We have the same HPTA, which produces and responds to the same substances, in a predictable manner, and which substances produce predictable effects across every human bar those with genetic insensitivity, who are extremely rare (documented cases you can count using your fingers). That's how we have any clue what we're doing with TRT in the first place, because cause and effect are generalisable with these medications and hormones. There is a precise and measurable reason why someone is a high or low responder, and we cannot chalk it up to medication response so easily in the first place. when we don't know that reason, we say "genetics". But we can't just say "genetics" whenever we reach a point that our current understanding fails to predict. It allows too wide a degree of variation in an otherwise too predictable system. Saying "I have no clue" is more accurate, and trying to improve our understanding so that it can predict that outcome as well is necessary if we are to know what we're doing eventually.

A good theory should be testable, coherent, economical, generalizable, explain known findings and be predictive of new ones. The more it explains and predicts the better it is.

My emphasis is on overall health. These doses have nothing to do with that. As @readalot suggests, feeling "amazing" in the short run isn't the same as feeling good for decades due to continued good health.

Overall long term health is a separate effect from feeling at any given time. Detrimental long term health effects are usually not even felt until it's too late. Think chronic high BP, cholesterol, hematocrit etc. Whereas hormonal effects on mood, confidence, energy, libido are almost instantaneous and can be evaluated at any given moment. Clearly when people feel amazing on 500mg they are referring to the second part, which needs to be evaluated separately from the first.

DS3

Genetic variation cannot be the only answer. Yes it has a role in all this but it leaves too many questions unanswered, and probability deems it highly unlikely that outliers are so common and responses so different. In the end, we are more similar than we are different. We have the same HPTA, which produces and responds to the same substances, in a predictable manner, and which substances produce predictable effects across every human bar those with genetic insensitivity, who are extremely rare (documented cases you can count using your fingers). That's how we have any clue what we're doing with TRT in the first place, because cause and effect are generalisable with these medications and hormones. There is a precise and measurable reason why someone is a high or low responder, and we cannot chalk it up to medication response so easily in the first place. when we don't know that reason, we say "genetics". But we can't just say "genetics" whenever we reach a point that our current understanding fails to predict. It allows too wide a degree of variation in an otherwise too predictable system. Saying "I have no clue" is more accurate, and trying to improve our understanding so that it can predict that outcome as well is necessary if we are to know what we're doing eventually.

A good theory should be testable, coherent, economical, generalizable, explain known findings and be predictive of new ones. The more it explains and predicts the better it is.
What you are seeking is a precise and predictable answer, for which there is none. Genetic variations is a catch all phrase for responses to medications because it aptly explains at a high level why people respond differently; there is no alternative explanation that is more encompassing and valid. Longitudinal research can show us, on average, how people respond to a medication, but it will not necessarily show us a comprehensive list of underlying genetic variables at play producing the outcome, nor will it tell us how we will individually respond.

…and probability deems it highly unlikely that outliers are so common and responses so different. In the end, we are more similar than we are different.
When considering mass data (enough people tested over long periods of time), this statement is true because results are averaged over and again until individual variation is essentially rooted out. This allows us, in research, to create normalized outcomes that we leverage to predict future outcomes. In medicine, mass data gives us the false impression that we will all respond within the norms of research findings. Individual variation is not the focus of most research, but rather the average response across groups of people.

We have the same HPTA, which produces and responds to the same substances, in a predictable manner, and which substances produce predictable effects across every human bar those with genetic insensitivity, who are extremely rare (documented cases you can count using your fingers).
This is an interesting point of view. Point me to 5 individuals who take the exact same TRT dose and experience the exact same subjective and objective responses. I’ll wait. There’s also 42,000 members of this forum, most of whom do not fall into the normal response group.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Overall long term health is a separate effect from feeling at any given time. Detrimental long term health effects are usually not even felt until it's too late. Think chronic high BP, cholesterol, hematocrit etc. Whereas hormonal effects on mood, confidence, energy, libido are almost instantaneous and can be evaluated at any given moment. Clearly when people feel amazing on 500mg they are referring to the second part, which needs to be evaluated separately from the first.
Nonetheless, a guy cannot be said to have good health if his mood is poor most of the time, or he's lethargic most of the time, or his libido is poor most of the time. Each is suggestive of an underlying problem. Hormonal effects are not just instantaneous: Three months is considered a reasonable minimum time for evaluating a TRT protocol. Anecdotally, some of the effects of HPTA shutdown seem to manifest over months to years. How long would a guy continue to feel amazing on 500 mg TC per week? Presumably the blast-and-cruise concept exists because there usually are negative consequences to continuing high doses indefinitely.

SpyrosB

This is an interesting point of view. Point me to 5 individuals who take the exact same TRT dose and experience the exact same subjective and objective responses. I’ll wait.

I don't know where you read that this is my claim. It's not. I don't believe anything of the sort. But I can have an answer why any certain guy feels any certain way at any certain dose. One that includes individual variation but does not completely rely on it so carelessly as saying "oh it's genetics!" and one that can explain the 500mg guys and the 100mg guys with the same reasoning. And that, your logic cannot do.

Nonetheless, a guy cannot be said to have good health if his mood is poor most of the time, or he's lethargic most of the time, or his libido is poor most of the time. Each is suggestive of an underlying problem. Hormonal effects are not just instantaneous: Three months is considered a reasonable minimum time for evaluating a TRT protocol. Anecdotally, some of the effects of HPTA shutdown seem to manifest over months to years. How long would a guy continue to feel amazing on 500 mg TC per week? Presumably the blast-and-cruise concept exists because there usually are negative consequences to continuing high doses indefinitely.

I agree with everything you said here. The problem is what often happens and lacks explanation is guys blasting 500mg, feeling great in terms of the mood, lethargy and libido aspect which you described, and being sad they have to eventually come off due to the detrimental effects that dose produces on other markers.
" Instantaneous " is relative to the effects of chronic high BP, cholesterol, and the like, which most definitely will take years if not decades until they present actual pathology, of course also depending on the level of the abuse. But compared to that timescale, the few weeks it may take to begin experieincing hormonal effects is nigh instantaneous. Especially considering that most will feel at least some improvement on week 1. Hell I felt a significant surge of energy on day 1 and could achieve erections on day 2 after it being near impossible for months on end.

Last edited:

DS3

But I can have an answer why any certain guy feels any certain at any certain dose. One that includes individual variation but does not completely rely on it so carelessly as saying "oh it's genetics!" and one that can explain the 500mg guys and the 100mg guys with the same reasoning. And that, your logic cannot do.
Pray tell.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching