Feel very lightheaded after consuming creatine and protein powder!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

I feel lightheaded right after consuming creatine and protein powder which is continuing for several hours. I just finished my loading doses (1 g each 4x daily) for the creatine. I also have never consumed three measure scoops of protein powder in one day.

Urination is normal.

This was my second dose today, should I skip a day or two and go to 1 g daily?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Mark David

Hmmm. I've been using creatine and protein powder for about 30 years with no problems like that. They are two of the most studied sport supplements and considered safe and generally benign in any type of side effects. I'm assuming that the creatine and protein supps you are taking don't have any other additives that might have caused the reaction. Loading phase for creatine isn't really needed. If you take the 1-2g a day for a month you will end up at the same levels that you would have if you'd loaded, just getting there a little later.

Mark David

Yep, juts creatine. It wasn’t as bad as yesterday because this was only one dose and not two.
Maybe try a different brand I case this creatine is contaminated some how. I would also use just plain old creatine monohydrate, if you arent already, and not the other forms that are more expensive

Systemlord

Only thing I can think of is some type of contamination in that batch.
I have been loading for a week, 4x daily and all of a sudden…

I do have Gilbert’s Syndrome that was discovered when daily dosing of cypionate and enanthate. I do have a hard time ridding myself of certain compounds from medications, even red blood cells hence the elevation in bilirubin.

Mark David

I have been loading for a week, 4x daily and all of a sudden…

I do have Gilbert’s Syndrome that was discovered when daily dosing of cypionate and enanthate. I do have a hard time ridding myself of certain compounds from medications, even red blood cells hence the elevation in bilirubin.
Don't know much about Gilbert's, but that might be at the root of the problem. Maybe 1/2 a gram 2x a day might help alleviate? I really don't know, creatine is generally regarded as very safe.

ralphmeyer

I'm new here but I just wanted to chime in and say and I'm sorry to hear about your lightheadedness. It's definitely not something you should ignore. Maybe try taking a break for a few days from the creatine and protein powder and see if that helps. Have you considered adding in some powdered coconut milk? It contains MCTs that can aid in digestion and might be a good substitute for protein powder. Plus, the organic coconut milk powder from ZNatural Foods is loaded with vitamins and minerals that can help with energy levels. I hope you start feeling better soon!

excelnelg

My role of thumb whenever something feels off is to always suspect the drug/supplement first. My personal opinion is to listen to YOUR body and ignore anything that talks about a problem not being a typical symptom or side effect of something. The fact is, it may be a one in a million chance, but you just might be that one. If you suspect that it's the creatine or protein, it will not harm you to take a break from what you're taking and see if the problem clears up. After that, you can experiment with different brands or products. Also take into account any other supplements that you may be ingesting that you might be overlooking. I've recently taken a break from protein and creatine myself because of digestive and kidney issues. Listen to what YOUR body is telling you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me