feedback from Thyroid users, and possible side effects

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

Optimal FT3 levels seems to be between 3.7 to 4.1, I know as usual everyone is different, but still would like to know your feedback or experience dialing in FT3.

I'm a low SHBG guy and increasing FT3 has a profound effect on my TRT. I was on thyroid before, stopped in April this year and restarted last month again. I brought my FT3 at 4.1 again, but this time with only half grain of NDT compared to two years ago, where I was using a grain and obtained 4.1, I now use Lugols 2% one drop and it has made the difference.

Point is, FT3 at 3.0 I feel miserable, at 4.1 I feel more sex drive, libido, better erections, better sex, better mood, energy, no really need to nap after lunch and my afternoon is more productive, my skin also looks really much better, I look tighter and more defined, and I'm more joyful, I'm stronger in my workouts, and I don't get as stressed as before. So this would be a win! But I noticed I can be less patient, more irritable/nervous like I'm more direct to people if something bothers me, I think BP is slightly higher as well, last week end I noticed also that I would need not to do too many things otherwise I would get nervous/impatient.

First thing I thought was to cut back a 1/4, but really loved the good side effects and I was thinking maybe if I could adjust to it, but it makes more sense to cut back and see how I do with just a 1/4 of NDT for a few weeks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Have u ever checked ur morning temps?

On days that u get ur thyroid levels checked, do u take the NDT that morning or skip it?

MarcoFL

I am 58 and now taking 2 grains in am and 2 around 4pm along with 5 drops of Lugols 2% over the day. My FT3 runs 4.2 FT4 is 1.2 and TSH suppressed, RT3 is 15. I have struggled to find the right level as I my serum iodine was non detectable along with 24hour urine showed very low. I have been on the iodine for about 6 days and notice improvement in sleep and more regular with energy improving. I had almost 40yr very high stress career and retired two years ago now working on health in pretty good shape with about 14% body fat. I do believe low thyroid is cause of many major problems like brain and cardiovascular.

Gman86

I am 58 and now taking 2 grains in am and 2 around 4pm along with 5 drops of Lugols 2% over the day. My FT3 runs 4.2 FT4 is 1.2 and TSH suppressed, RT3 is 15. I have struggled to find the right level as I my serum iodine was non detectable along with 24hour urine showed very low. I have been on the iodine for about 6 days and notice improvement in sleep and more regular with energy improving. I had almost 40yr very high stress career and retired two years ago now working on health in pretty good shape with about 14% body fat. I do believe low thyroid is cause of many major problems like brain and cardiovascular.

Did u start with 5 drops of lugols 2% right away or work ur way up to that?

MarcoFL

I started with 1in am and 1 in pm then worked up to 4-5 a day. I plan to see what my level is after about 90 days. I will stop for 5 days then run labs to see where it is. My TRT and ND likes it in the 60-90 range. He claims that T3 does not get in to the cellular level without iodine.

Gianluca

Have u ever checked ur morning temps?

On days that u get ur thyroid levels checked, do u take the NDT that morning or skip it?

I haven't' taken any temp in the am, what would the temp need to be at? I take NP prior going to lab, generally about 2 hours before

Gianluca

adding Lugols to my Thyroid has definitely been improving the overall thyroid function

Gianluca

I started with 1in am and 1 in pm then worked up to 4-5 a day. I plan to see what my level is after about 90 days. I will stop for 5 days then run labs to see where it is. My TRT and ND likes it in the 60-90 range. He claims that T3 does not get in to the cellular level without iodine.

I heard this before, but couldn't really find any paper on it

MarcoFL

I am the same on labs. I take my last dose of Armour at 5pm the day before. I know my results would be quite a bit higher if I took them a few hours before. I am not sure who is right I have differing opinions from my PCP and TRT doctors. My temps have risen very nice from 96.5 to 98.3 range on Armour and iodine supplementation.

Gman86

I am the same on labs. I take my last dose of Armour at 5pm the day before. I know my results would be quite a bit higher if I took them a few hours before. I am not sure who is right I have differing opinions from my PCP and TRT doctors. My temps have risen very nice from 96.5 to 98.3 range on Armour and iodine supplementation.

Are those ur morning temps upon waking?

With 5 drops ED of lugol’s 2% I’ve gotten my morning temps up from low 96’s to mid 97’s. I think I have some NDT still kicking around somewhere. I might try to add half a grain per day and see if my temp increases even more

Gman86

I haven't' taken any temp in the am, what would the temp need to be at? I take NP prior going to lab, generally about 2 hours before

Morning temps upon waking before u even get out of bed should ideally be between 98.0 - 98.6. The closer to 98.6 the better.

I’d be curious to see where ur morning temp is at, if u have time.

Gianluca

Morning temps upon waking before u even get out of bed should ideally be between 98.0 - 98.6. The closer to 98.6 the better.

I’d be curious to see where ur morning temp is at, if u have time.
totally, I'm still taking half grain as now and same Lugols, I give it a few more days see If I still see any negative side effects, I'm trying my temp tomorrow am and I will update you

tomorrow I'm going to recheck my FT3, but I will measure Iodine serum as well

Gianluca

I never take my thyroid meds before labs. Otherwise my levels are just too high and my doctor always wants me to cut my dose.

I know there was a discussion some time a go about if it was a better idea to take Thyroid before labs or not, I still think it is a good idea to take it before, you just may need a higher number to feel the best. Where do you see your FT3 on labs?

Gianluca

With 5 drops ED of lugol’s 2% I’ve gotten my morning temps up from low 96’s to mid 97’s. I think I have some NDT still kicking around somewhere. I might try to add half a grain per day and see if my temp increases even more

beside seing an increase in body temp, did you see an increase in FT3? do you care to track Hear Rate? I think mine increased a bit

Last edited:

MarcoFL

have not gotten my temp before getting out of bed just random throughout the day I see almost 2 degrees higher. I have noticed my heart rate is up a bit and I do not like it at 80 but trying to ride it all out:)

Gianluca

have not gotten my temp before getting out of bed just random throughout the day I see almost 2 degrees higher. I have noticed my heart rate is up a bit and I do not like it at 80 but trying to ride it all out:)

my HR is definitely higher as well, I see it now 80 and sometime 90 as well, especially after lunch, I do feel hotter too, and getting more "exited" about things,. I just think to cut back a 1/4, don't like to see my HR higher

Vince

Super Moderator
I know there was a discussion some time a go about if it was a better idea to take Thyroid before labs or not, I still think it is a good idea to take it before, you just may need a higher number to feel the best. Where do you see your FT3 on labs?
It will be interesting, to see your levels. If you skip your morning dose. I wonder what levels you would have? Do you think, they would be extremely low?

Gianluca

It will be interesting, to see your levels. If you skip your morning dose. I wonder what levels you would have? Do you think, they would be extremely low?

I don't think so, I take NP thyroid and if I'm correct is about half t4 and half t3, so maybe my FT3 would be just a little less cause I won't ingest any t3 prior the lab test, if I understand well t4 takes about two weeks to build up

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me