Fatigue and Tired on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

dk896

Hi, anyone started TRT and did not receive the mental/sexual benefits until finding out there may be a thyroid problem? I started TRT a few months ago and while I felt a little better, I am not feeling my best. I still lack libido, have fatigue and want to sleep a lot. I'm starting to think I may have symptoms of subclinical hypothyroidism and will investigate that soon. Anyone else had a similar issue that cleared up when adding thyroid medication?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hi, anyone started TRT and did not receive the mental/sexual benefits until finding out there may be a thyroid problem? I started TRT a few months ago and while I felt a little better, I am not feeling my best. I still lack libido, have fatigue and want to sleep a lot. I'm starting to think I may have symptoms of subclinical hypothyroidism and will investigate that soon. Anyone else had a similar issue that cleared up when adding thyroid medication?

A sub-par thyroid can definitely cause issues but even then you need to take a deeper look at your current trt protocol (dose T/injection frequency/SHBG level).

You started trt on a whopping dose of T 200mg /week + hCG let alone you have low SHBG 8 nmol/L and although a daily protocol would be ideal the main issue is you are using a whopping dose 196 mg/week (28mg daily) and as you can see your TT 1500 ng/dL and FT levels are very high.

You are misinformed if you think that everyone on trt experiences a significant improvement in libido/erectile function as there is much more going on here than simply having healthy testosterone levels.

Hi everyone, was wondering how to find the best dose for TRT. I started off with a T of 340, free t of 113 and E2 of 20, having low t symptoms. 8 weeks into TRT my test levels were at 1490, E2 33 and Free T 470 (47ng/dl), SHBG 8. This is on a 200mg Test cyp, ed injections (14 units) and HCG 500iu split 2x a week. I feel a litlle better, not as tired or fatigued and slightly better mood, confidence BUT only slightly. I still don't have libido or good erectile function or the drive for life to keep me going (which are things I want to improve the most. rarely I might feel it but it goes away rapidly. It's not like what most people have described like having a significant effect on libido... I am not sure what to do to achieve desirable effects. I am thinking about lowering the dose as many people said but I am not sure what to lower it down to and how long will things change... My goal is for symptom resolution at a good dose. Is 150mg good, 170mg? I am still going to inject daily but need help finding the optimal dosage. need some good advice Thanks.

TT: 1490
FT: 470

E2: 33
SHBG 8
Prolactin 7.5
Everything else is fine

dk896

A sub-par thyroid can definitely cause issues but even then you need to take a deeper look at your current trt protocol (dose T/injection frequency/SHBG level).

You started trt on a whopping dose of T 200mg /week + hCG let alone you have low SHBG 8 nmol/L and although a daily protocol would be ideal the main issue is you are using a whopping dose 196 mg/week (28mg daily) and as you can see your TT 1500 ng/dL and FT levels are very high.

You are misinformed if you think that everyone on trt experiences a significant improvement in libido/erectile function as there is much more going on here than simply having healthy testosterone levels.

Hi everyone, was wondering how to find the best dose for TRT. I started off with a T of 340, free t of 113 and E2 of 20, having low t symptoms. 8 weeks into TRT my test levels were at 1490, E2 33 and Free T 470 (47ng/dl), SHBG 8. This is on a 200mg Test cyp, ed injections (14 units) and HCG 500iu split 2x a week. I feel a litlle better, not as tired or fatigued and slightly better mood, confidence BUT only slightly. I still don't have libido or good erectile function or the drive for life to keep me going (which are things I want to improve the most. rarely I might feel it but it goes away rapidly. It's not like what most people have described like having a significant effect on libido... I am not sure what to do to achieve desirable effects. I am thinking about lowering the dose as many people said but I am not sure what to lower it down to and how long will things change... My goal is for symptom resolution at a good dose. Is 150mg good, 170mg? I am still going to inject daily but need help finding the optimal dosage. need some good advice Thanks.

TT: 1490
FT: 470

E2: 33
SHBG 8
Prolactin 7.5
Everything else is fine
That was several months ago, I have made changes since then and am on 126mg per week split into daily injections. It also seems to me that no matter what meds I take, I don't metabolize them well, like i don't feel their effects to the fullest, let it be stimulants, androgens, ED meds. It's like I don't feel them at all sometimes. Was wondering if thyroid is the case.

madman

Super Moderator
I see but how recently did you start the protocol?

Most injecting daily especially when having low SHBG can achieve a healthy FT injecting a much lower dose as in 14-20mg (7-10 units).

dk896

I see but how recently did you start the protocol?

Most injecting daily especially when having low SHBG can achieve a healthy FT injecting a much lower dose as in 14-20mg (7-10 units).
Started late July 9 units on insulin syringe, libido hasn't come back and I still feel very tired throughout the day.

madman

Super Moderator
Started late July 9 units on insulin syringe, libido hasn't come back and I still feel very tired throughout the day.

Did you not have blood work done as anytime you tweak a protocol (dose increase/decrease) it will take 4-6 weeks for levels to stabilize.

Where do your TT/FT/e2 levels sit on such protocol and have you ever tested DHT, prolactin?

dk896

I will get blood tested soon, prolactin has always combe back within normal. DHT was low prior to starting TRT but haven't tested it since starting.

madman

Super Moderator
I will get blood tested soon, prolactin has always combe back within normal. DHT was low prior to starting TRT but haven't tested it since starting.

You need to wait until you have blood work done!

I would also look into getting a full thyroid panel.

Kazman

That was several months ago, I have made changes since then and am on 126mg per week split into daily injections. It also seems to me that no matter what meds I take, I don't metabolize them well, like i don't feel their effects to the fullest, let it be stimulants, androgens, ED meds. It's like I don't feel them at all sometimes. Was wondering if thyroid is the case.
Have you had your iron checked?
Iron played a huge role in increasing my sex drive and erections. But I was already on DHEA and pregnenolone. Dhea, and pregnenolone are often needed too.
On the forum we tend to recommend things that have worked for us personally. Thyroid could definitely be a factor but your already on hcg right?

drkelp

I am concerned about my iron levels and hemochromatosis? I am developing something like arthritis in both hands all of a sudden. Hematocrit was at 48ish recently.

JohnTaylorHK

Since Iodine is used in many metabolic pathways, including thyroid, I believe that if you suspect thyroid issues it may be beneficial for you to take some iodine supplementation. It worked for me, helping also clear up my hyperlipidemia, which is now normal. I am currently taking 5 drops of 2% Lugol's iodine solution (Jim Crow brand) each day. This is low enough not to skew true thyroid issues, but high enough to overcome my deficiency. Best of luck!

sh1973

I realize you dropped your dose to 126mg but for some guys like myself, I can only tolerate 60-80mg per week. At the dose you’re at, I have every symptom you do. I feel great at 60mg per week and have been at this dose for a couple years. My only problem has been lack of libido which has been a struggle since starting trt. With that said my libido is better at a lower dose. As for thyroid, don’t go down that road unless clearly warranted because the side effects of thyroid medication can be atrocious. I tried a small dose of armour thyroid for only a month or so and it was experience I’ve ever had with medication. Wait on your labs and don’t be surprised if simply lowering your test dose solves your problems.

sh1973

Once a week 60mg cypionate and nothing else. Been on trt going on 12 years and tried pretty much everything. This is what works for me and I feel much better than I ever did at higher doses. My 7 day trough is around 650-700ng. I don’t really care about free t it’s irrelevant to me because this total t is where I feel good. I’m a high shbg guy usually in the 60-70 range.

dk896

Once a week 60mg cypionate and nothing else. Been on trt going on 12 years and tried pretty much everything. This is what works for me and I feel much better than I ever did at higher doses. My 7 day trough is around 650-700ng. I don’t really care about free t it’s irrelevant to me because this total t is where I feel good. I’m a high shbg guy usually in the 60-70 range.
You have no libido?

sh1973

Very lacking for sure but its non existent at higher doses and gets worse the higher I go.
It's okay I suppose now.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching