Fail in Testosterone metabolization

Buy Lab Tests Online

PEPvent

Hey all, just a couple of quick questions,

Can your body produce defective testosterone? Can your body fail to metabolize natural total T - free T?

I'm talking about cases of low T symptoms but normal T levels.

Thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hey all, just a couple of quick questions,

Can your body produce defective testosterone? Can your body fail to metabolize natural total T - free T?

I'm talking about cases of low T symptoms but normal T levels.

Thank you!

Total Teastosterone = Albumin-bound T + SHBG bound T + unbound Free Testosterone

Bioavailable Testosterone = Albumin bound T + unbound Free Testosterone

Although TT is important FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of TT responsible for the beneficial effects.

Yes, one can have a normal/high-normal TT and experience low-t symptoms if their FT level is low/lowish due to high SHBG.

Screenshot (1763).png

Partitioning of testosterone in the systemic circulation. Circulating testosterone is bound tightly to SHBG (green = high affinity binding) and weakly to albumin, orosomucoid (ORM), and CBG (blue = low affinity binding) (11). Only 1% to 4% of circulating testosterone is unbound or free. The combination of free and albumin-bound testosterone is also referred to as the “bioavailable testosterone” fraction.

The only way to truly know if your testosterone levels are low is to have your TT/FT tested and it should also include your SHBG as many uninformed doctors would only test TT and do not look at FT let alone SHBG levels.

There are many men who have normal TT but low FT due to high SHBG which would lead to one experiencing low-t symptoms.

Do you have blood work to post?

Last edited:

PEPvent

Thank you both for your posts!

Sure, you could have a disfunction at the AR

That's what I was thinking. Is exogenous testosterone going to help? It could also indicate that one needs more testosterone to react with the androgen receptors.

The only way to truly know if your testosterone levels are low is to have your TT/FT tested and it should also include your SHBG as many uninformed doctors would only test TT and do not look at FT let alone SHBG levels.

There are many men who have normal TT but low FT due to high SHBG which would lead to one experiencing low-t symptoms.

Do you have blood work to post?

Thank you for the explanation! I kinda knew the diff. between Ts but this solved so many doubts!

I do have blood work posted in another subforum, with a little backstory. I could upload all my blood work if you want to check it out. You'll see my SHBG is high even tho I have a normal carb intake diet. I couldn't pay for Free T.

TL;DR: This is the worst I've been feeling so far in terms of low T symptoms but the most Total Testosterone I have ever had tested. I even had my worst ED case so far the same night my blood was taken. I expected my numbers to be trash so I could take course of action and now I don't know what to do.

Thank you again!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching