Eye Dryness

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hello all! I am having an issue. I was previously on Clomid mono treatment for 3 years. It raised me from a 220-260 to 560ish range. The Clomid would dry my eyes out a few hours after taking it. My vision would get slightly cloudy. The dryness would go away within 8 hours. After deciding we weren’t going to have anymore kids we decided to go with TRT because of the eye issue. Clomid certainly improved my quality of life but I didn’t feel like a million bucks like guys on TRT seemed to feel.

Anyways, I’ve been on TRT for over a year now and I’ve been noticing a progressively worsening of my eye dryness. Last weekend was it for me. Eye lids twitching constantly.. feeling as if I had cramps in and around my eyes. Light sensativity intensified.

Current protocol
150mg split x2
.25mg -.50mg anastrozole 1-2x a week
HCG 3x a week 250iu

Last blood test not sensitive.
890 total T
49 estrodial

I feel like maybe I should just try to lower my dosing until the anastrozole isn’t needed anymore. I’m not going to lie I do strength train quite a bit.. I’m definitely enjoying the TRT benefits and it seems heart breaking to cut back on progress. Bf is way down 27% - 19% while adding crazy muscle. Recently benched 330 for one. I’m training for powerlifting. I saw another telemedicine clinic offering deca in conjunction with their TRT. I’m wondering if something that doesn’t aromatize would benefit me.

Anyways any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I get the dry eye, too, had it real bad with Androgel 1.62. With injections it's primarily confined to the overnight hours on waking. A good eye drop works wonders, something in the Systane line of products. Blowing up your protocol or adding more hormones seems heavy handed when a drop will cure what ails you.

With dry eyes, dry mouth and dry skin I think of thyroid and iodine deficiency.

Dry eyes is a known side effect of Clomid and Ais. I was reading about it last weekend large amounts of women who take these drugs for breast cancer report the same problem. I believe it has to do with inter ocular estrogen being reduced too low? I’m guessing estrogen is a natural lubricant for the eyes just like the joints.

Mine was so bad that I did see my optometrist, and not having yet made the TRT connection, diagnosed me with whatever dry eye condition you call it. I switched to inj w minor improvement and otherwise I keep drops handy.

Yeah, I’ll have to do the eye drop thing. I’m also going to reduce my TRT dose I think. I might goto 100mg a week and see if I need it at all. Last time I tested at 100mg a week it was around 600.. I was still on anastrozole it was less than 5. I might not have needed it at all at 100mg. I enjoy the warmer pumps I get with the extra on board.

Mine was so bad that I did see my optometrist, and not having yet made the TRT connection, diagnosed me with whatever dry eye condition you call it. I switched to inj w minor improvement and otherwise I keep drops handy.

Thanks for the tip for the eye drops. Got the gel version and man it’s next level on eye comfort. Other than slight twitching of my eye lid today no real discomfort. I skipped my 2nd trt dose on Sunday. I’ll do around 50 mg tomorrow and no anastrozole and see how it goes.

timk

Thanks for the tip for the eye drops. Got the gel version and man it’s next level on eye comfort. Other than slight twitching of my eye lid today no real discomfort. I skipped my 2nd trt dose on Sunday. I’ll do around 50 mg tomorrow and no anastrozole and see how it goes.

My right eye lid twitches from trt and I don’t have dry eyes. I gradually lowered my dose over the years and the twitching is not as bad.

Welp, I’ve had another flare up.. without anastrozole... in other words, I don’t think it’s the anastrozole anymore. I found that my eyes hurt after picking my son up from school. So, I went to YouTube and found a video relating to anxiety and sensitivity to light. He summarized that when you have high levels of anxiety your body has an adrenaline response(fight or flight) the eyes allow more light in to help deal with the crisis. Anyways, I noticed when I upped my TRT dose my sleep quality significantly decreased. I wasn’t tired dispite the loss of sleep so I was still happy. Which leads me to believe I wasn’t tired because my body was responding to the higher Testosterone on board by maybe having a type of fight or flight hormonal release.

I am a stay at home dad when I got home yesterday from dropping him off for his 3 hour pre-K program I cried in the truck. Struck by panic and dispair. I was back in my prison.. willingly. Obviously, I don’t really feel that way. It was the first time I’ve ever had a panic attack. I’ve been staying home full time for 2 years and I love it. I’ve just got to get this dose down and start sleeping good again. Last night I got 2:30 hrs of sleep dispite being in bed 5 hours according to my auto sleep app on my Apple Watch.. which I find to be very accurate. I find myself laying in bed awake unaware that I’m actually awake. The watch detects this somehow. 6 months ago this wasn’t an issue. Anyways, I believe I have found a path to fix this. Back to 100mg a week where I didn’t have these issues. I read on this forum a while back about a guy upping his dose and his dr ran an adrenaline or some type of stimulant hormone test on him and found high levels that was directly linked to his trt dose. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching