Extreme body coldness after phlebotomy?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

I recently got a phlebotomy a little more than a week ago and didn't feel any different right afterwards, it was the following morning that I woke up freezing cold and glucose doubled literally overnight. I checked ferritin about two month prior and it was 89, 10 days after the phlebotomy ferritin was 99.

It went up, not down as I had thought. I have fully recovered at this point but just don't understand what happened. The hemoglobin was 19.2 and the hematocrit was 57% prior to the phlebotomy, after the phlebotomy hemoglobin was 17.5 and hematocrit 51.2%.

Any ideas why I felt so cold and why my diabetes worsen if only for a short time?

Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

That’s interesting. I have a buddy that just started Telmisartan, which is supposed to lower HCT, and he was just saying he feels a little colder as well. And he’s in Texas, so it’s definitely not the weather.

Wouldn’t worry about the ferritin too much. U checked it 2 months prior to donating. Within those two months it could of went up to say 119 by the time u donated, and then went down to 99 after donating. But checkout Morley Robbins work. He’s all over YouTube. He’ll blow ur mind in regards to how u think about iron. We have it all wrong. Ferritin isn’t the iron storage protein that we all think it is

No idea why ur glucose level doubled tho, that’s definitely weird. So ur a diabetic u said? Where does ur glucose and A1C levels usually run?

Systemlord

So ur a diabetic u said? Where does ur glucose and A1C levels usually run?
Yes Im a type 2 diabetic, 130 fasting and dropping, A1C has been in a steady decline ever since I started Jatenzo (@158mg) and am now on 237mg.

The day after to phlebotomy glucose doubled to 246 and then back down 10 days later.

I feel warm again. I'm taking 5 capsules (28mg each) of iron per day and if I miss even one hours later I feel unwell and feel well again 45 min after taking the missed iron capsule.

This is with a ferritin at 99, very puzzling.

xcpatr922

Yes Im a type 2 diabetic, 130 fasting and dropping, A1C has been in a steady decline ever since I started Jatenzo (@158mg) and am now on 237mg.

The day after to phlebotomy glucose doubled to 246 and then back down 10 days later.

I feel warm again. I'm taking 5 capsules (28mg each) of iron per day and if I miss even one hours later I feel unwell and feel well again 45 min after taking the missed iron capsule.

This is with a ferritin at 99, very puzzling.

Seriously without CGM , it's very hard to analyze BG. When I have my own CGM, I watched my morning glucose around 7-8am before I eat because that would be the most stable, average glucose for the day. I am able to hack to understand my glucose after analyzing series of data. With just one glucose number it really doesn't mean anything esp. if you consume carb and diabetic.

It's actually more interesting to see the data of what CGM provide before and after blood donation,especially the valley and the peak before eating and prior.

The T will force the body to be more insulin-sensitive. It's something that I can feel too.

SkiDaddy

I have the same symptoms after giving blood.
I solved the problem by taking Ferrous Sulfate 325mg. twice daily for 3-5 days immediately afterwards giving blood.

Systemlord

I solved the problem by taking Ferrous Sulfate 325mg. twice daily for 3-5 days immediately afterwards giving blood.
I currently am taking 140mg of iron (chelate) and have been doing so since March. It has less side effects and is better absorbed than ferrous sulfate.

I don't absorb ferrous sulfate at all.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching